Cowboys not the same team without Amari Cooper

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So you are changing the argument to when Lamb got hurt? LOL

What's the matter, dont want to talk about who the #1 WR is anymore? Stats shut you up?

YOU are the "genius" who tried to explain away his lack of production by claiming he "got hurt early in the 2nd quarter." He played the whole first half.. and did nothing.. zero.. zilch .. nada without the big dawg out there drawing coverage away from him. THAT is the argument.. THAT is when a receiver can show himself to be a true #1. But I know you don't want to engage in that discussion.. because it exposes you for the boob you are. Lamb benefits from Cooper being on the field more than vice versa. Not my problem that you can't admit that. I don't need your feeble concurrence .. I have eyes and can see for myself.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
YOU are the "genius" who tried to explain away his lack of production by claiming he "got hurt early in the 2nd quarter." He played the whole first half.. and did nothing.. zero.. zilch .. nada without the big dawg out there drawing coverage away from him. THAT is the argument.. THAT is when a receiver can show himself to be a true #1. But I know you don't want to engage in that discussion.. because it exposes you for the boob you are. Lamb benefits from Cooper being on the field more than vice versa. Not my problem that you can't admit that. I don't need your feeble concurrence .. I have eyes and can see for myself.

Who is the clown that didnt even know Lamb got hurt? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

At least I got the quarter right genius. ahahahahahaa!!!!!

"duhhhhh....................pay attention much"!:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Who is the clown that didnt even know Lamb got hurt? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

At least I got the quarter right genius. ahahahahahaa!!!!!

"duhhhhh....................pay attention much"!:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

You mean you were too stupid to comprehend this sentence?

"Remember how great he was in the KC game with no Coop? 3 catches for 14 yards? Then conked on the head and out of the game.. "

You're an embarrassment to embarrassments..

pancakeman

Reaction score
Agree that Cooper makes a difference, but I don't think it's because Dak trusts him more.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I truly believe he’s the game changer. Prescott absolutely trust him. The perfect route runner. We’re not the same team on offense without him. Prescott and Amari stay healthy , This team win the whole thing
I agree with everything but the last sentence.
Defense gotta step up for us to win the SB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You mean you were too stupid to comprehend this sentence?

"Remember how great he was in the KC game with no Coop? 3 catches for 14 yards? Then conked on the head and out of the game.. "

You're an embarrassment to embarrassments..

So getting knocked out in the first half isnt a legitimate excuse for low receiving numbers? LOL

Could you be anymore stupid?

Trying to change the subject after a total beating when the statistics unfold in front of your face. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

Bubububuububububut he went out late in the first quarter not early. :muttley:

kramskoi

Reaction score
Actually it was very explicable. Remember that was the week that Cooper didn't practice all week because of a bum wheel and Lamb turned an ankle in the first practice of the week so HE didn't practice all week. So they went into the Denver game with both Cooper and Lamb "barely able to run " (their words not mine) and with no practice. That was also Dak's first week back from the calf injury and McCarthy stated that they did not let him do any mechanics drills that week for fear of tweaking that thing.. So the three main characters in the passing game never practiced together all week before the Denver game.. and it showed..
Not buying it sir. Take it off the shelf. Tired of the excuses. To be down (at home) 30 - 0 with barely over 5 minutes left to play in the game is some funky dung. That's not even competitive. I think at that point in time Prescott had just 102 yds with a INT. It was a harbinger of things to come. Against New Orleans, with everyone on deck? 2 for 13 on third down. At the end of the day it's just not getting done and there is simply too much talent and money on that side of the ball for it NOT to be getting done. As Aikman once said: "babysitting is over". There are few players on most teams that are not banged up right now. Rodgers is fighting a bad toe and lost lineman on offense. Every team is going through this attrition.

I'll say this. They can persist with excuses and denial but it's only going to end up in one place. An early exit from the playoffs.

I sincerely want Prescott to succeed. It's not all his fault but the entire offense needs a kick in the back side...before they squander a season that was once VERY promising.

Finally...Kellen Moore. This man is not calling and talking like a man who is going to get this team back to balance (meaning a smashing run game). If he doesn't it will do Prescott no favors (like the game against KC). This is slowly becoming a team where you are trusting the defense more than the offense. THAT is bad news for the playoffs. As you saw against KC, stellar defense in the second half was not enough to get a win...and Dallas was not as close to winning that game as some thought afterward. KC could afford to play conservative in that situation. They didn't have to press.

Last edited:

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
No doubt Cooper is the #1 WR on this team for a reason, as they say, he has the entire ROUTE TREE in his arsenal. The only concern I have is his AVAILABILITY.. We cannot afford to lose him at any point the rest of the way.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Gallup had his big chance to make a difference when both Cooper and Lamb were out. Although he did do well in that game, he was not a game changer. Happy to have him as #3 and would be okay with him as a #2, but as a #1 he is just okay, not special. Cooper is a true #1 and a very good #1 at that IMO. Lamb is becoming that though still not as good as Cooper yet as has been shown when he had to be #1 with Cooper out as well.

If you're building a team you have to sacrifice something to get something of need. Coop may well be WR1 and our most reliable receiver, however, we've got threads saying:
- the Defense needs to improve
- our CAP situation in 2022 and '23 is problematic
- we can't rely on the O-Line (health and form)

With these issues on the roster we just can't afford: Coop, Lamb, Gallup (or even Wilson). The harsh reality is that we're going to need to sacrifice a receiver to help under CAP and potentially improve areas of need.

As Gallup and Wilson would be fa's then the only option would be to trade Coop and utilize the $22m CAP saving and the draft pick compensation.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love Cooper too. And we need Cooper. He trusts both guys. Not a matter of trust.

if you have Cooper and Lamb and Gallup...a staunch O line ...our RB's healthy...and Dak keeping his mechanics sound...aint no defense can stop this cowboy offense....that is just the truth

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
if you have Cooper and Lamb and Gallup...a staunch O line ...our RB's healthy...and Dak keeping his mechanics sound...aint no defense can stop this cowboy offense....that is just the truth
Daks mechanics are just fine. It’s really all about the line.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Daks mechanics are just fine. It’s really all about the line.

Honestly, I think it's a lazy cop out to just say the line, the line.

There are some very consistent, good QBs that play behind bad lines.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Dak needs Cooper. But the reason is that Cooper gets so much separation that Dak can get him the ball without having to throw it in to tight spaces or be consistently accurate.

Accuracy used to be Dak's problem. Honestly, I think he's improved a lot.

I just don't think he's making good decisions right now. I don't know if the game is too fast for him all of a sudden.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Accuracy used to be Dak's problem. Honestly, I think he's improved a lot.

I just don't think he's making good decisions right now. I don't know if the game is too fast for him all of a sudden.

Between the revolving door at receiver and the o-line shuffling in front of him I'd say that a lot of it is just not trusting the blocking, the receivers and himself is all part of the equation.

ondaedg

Reaction score
No saying your wrong, but if 1 wr dictates weather the offense is good or bad...there's something very wrong with the other players.

The Titans just lost to the Texans while Julio was out. It’s 2021 where 1 WR or lack of can drastically affect the outcome of a game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Titans just lost to the Texans while Julio was out. It’s 2021 where 1 WR or lack of can drastically affect the outcome of a game.

Well to be fair the Titans were also missing Henry.. so #1 WR along with #1 RB really starts to add up..

ondaedg

Reaction score
Well to be fair the Titans were also missing Henry.. so #1 WR along with #1 RB really starts to add up..

Ya any team that loses their top two offensive weapons to injury are going to struggle. We lost Amari, Tyron, Ceedee, Lael, etc etc and our offense looked awful. That’s the state of today’s NFL.

bigE79

Reaction score
Do the titans have cd or Gallup like we do to take up the slack ? Stupid point