Cowboys not willing to trade WR Michael Gallup before deadline

MarcusRock

Reaction score
11 yards a catch is Cooper's average ; he's fifth in terms of yardage among qualified WR's , yet has the worst yards per catch average of anyone in the top ten............Now babble how that's "slanted"............

It's slanted when you're trying to compare averages where one has caught almost triple the amount of balls. That's like saying Joseph Randle with his 50 rushes for a 6.7 ypc was better than Demarco Murray's puny 4.7 ypc on 392 carries back in 2014. How'd Randle do as the main guy the following year? 4.1 ypc. THAT'S the point, slantmeister.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
And when Harper was allowed to walk when he became a free agent , the Boys were never the same team again.........

His point was, did Harper go on to be a superstar WR1 like Irvin was? His big ol' 24.9 ypc (on 33 catches) in 1994 dropped down to 13.8 on 46 catches in 1995. Well looky there. More catches, less gaudy average.

Let me guess, if you were a WR, your specialty route would be the slant, right? Lol.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Straight up dumb ***** suggesting trades for any top 3 WR

And what other position on this team has any trade value in an area we have some depth ? Cooper is the one to trade but ain’t nobody gonna take him at that salary...

MCMetal69

Reaction score
It's slanted when you're trying to compare averages where one has caught almost triple the amount of balls. That's like saying Joseph Randle with his 50 rushes for a 6.7 ypc was better than Demarco Murray's puny 4.7 ypc on 392 carries back in 2014. How'd Randle do as the main guy the following year? 4.1 ypc. THAT'S the point, slantmeister.

I just gave you the fact our Top ten receiver has THE WORST YPC AVERAGE............Why are you still babbling about Gallop ?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
His point was, did Harper go on to be a superstar WR1 like Irvin was? His big ol' 24.9 ypc (on 33 catches) in 1994 dropped down to 13.8 on 46 catches in 1995. Well looky there. More catches, less gaudy average.

Let me guess, if you were a WR, your specialty route would be the slant, right? Lol.
Exactly. It's not like losing Harper was the reason that the drop off started. Heck, they won the superbowl after the '95 season with Kevin Williams as the #2 receiver and he avg more yds per catch than Irvin did as well. Guess he was a #1 receiver too.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Exactly. It's not like losing Harper was the reason that the drop off started. Heck, they won the superbowl after the '95 season with Kevin Williams as the #2 receiver and he avg more yds per catch than Irvin did as well. Guess he was a #1 receiver too.

Except your statement about Kevin Williams isn't just idiotic , it's completely wrong...............

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Except your statement about Kevin Williams isn't just idiotic , it's completely wrong...............
How so? Williams was our #2 WR in 1995. He had 38 catches for 613 yds (16.1 ypc). Irvin had 111 catches for 1603 yds (14.4 ypc).

Williamsboys

Reaction score
This organization is run by Moe, Larry and Curly, and when McCarthy gets fired, Shemo will be on the way.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So spend that $20 mil/year in free agency on a few proven defensive stars, if you can.

Why would Jerry’s failures as a GM make it smarter for us to spend that money on a WR when our defense is historically bad?

Amari Cooper’s a good WR and that’s why we should look to move that contract. Some team out there might trade for him. Nobody’s trading for Zeke, Jaylon or Lawrence, our trio of highly-paid underachievers. We’re stuck with those losers for now.
Point out the guys that Jerry has accumulated in free agency that worked out? Remember Adams, he didn't want him. You have to understand who our GM is, he's a slime ball human being. There were guys out there he could've targeted, had the money to do it, but valued offense like he always has.

nobody

Reaction score
Wouldn't it depend on what another team offers? No player should be off the table for trade offers. If a team is dumb enough to offer too much, take it. See the Herschel Walker trade. I'm not saying anyone is offering that sort of trade, but no player is above that kind of offer.

cern

Reaction score
Wouldn't it depend on what another team offers? No player should be off the table for trade offers. If a team is dumb enough to offer too much, take it. See the Herschel Walker trade. I'm not saying anyone is offering that sort of trade, but no player is above that kind of offer.
Everything has a price.

CWR

Reaction score
Love Gallup but I've seen this play out. Some times the number 1 is so for a reason. Coop doesn't get enough credit for what he does and if yall are making the assumption we can let him go and Gallup can take his place you may very well end up disappointed.

Its all about contract, but Gallup will want his own contract soon. We've all seen how these guys use whatever leverage they have. Losing Coop will give Gallup plenty of that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Also consider the types of routes they ask Gallop to run vs Cooper. Gallop is primarily the deep route guy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Someone may have asked but what if the Jets offered Williams for Gallup and a 3 or 4 straight up...

Would you do it?

zerofill

Reaction score
Coop is a better route runner... But his salary is huge. Lamb will get even better...
We need someone on the go routes... and Gallup is that guy.

I think when Coop is on his game, he is as good as anyone out there today. But his salary, and a foot that
will cause him to miss plays, and time, that will never be fixed, probably only get worse... is two strikes.

So if I was trading, it would be Coop. Even though I wish I could say the state of this team was so good, that I would keep them all.

zerofill

Reaction score
On second thought... give me two amazing defensive linemen, and he may not have time to pack his bags...

Mattitude

Reaction score
Why would we trade one of our best players on their rookie contract for anything less than way above a premium offer? If Gallup all the sudden turned into Jaylon Smith I’d rather live with that then trade him for anything less than a kings ransom

J-man

Reaction score
Cooper is very good and could net you a high pick. But he won't be traded due to his large cap number. No team will take that contract on.

If Dallas is in total gut and rebuild mode than trading Gallup isn't a bad idea. He could get them a very good draft pick.
Now believe me when I say that I really like Gallup and I don't want him to go. But the fact is that he is the one that is the most logical to trade and he is, to some degree, expendable.
You wan't be able to trade him for much of anything next year as they will most likely lose him in FA after the season anyway. Most likely no team will give up a top pick for an emending FA. (except Dallas)