Twitter: Cowboys nuggets from MM and Gil Brandt

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Dak Prescott expects to play in the season opener at Tampa
Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2021, 5:06 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...xpects-to-play-in-the-season-opener-at-tampa/

Not going to lie, this made me pause ..........I mean Gil isn't some yahoo just throwing words around.
Hall of Fame scout Gil Brandt, who spent 30 years with the Cowboys, tweeted that Prescott said Wednesday he expects to be playing when the season begins. Brandt acknowledges that it will take a lot to keep Prescott from playing, but that he may not be 100 percent.

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
"You have to have a great defense."

Will someone please clue Jerry into this fact? He's been playing with his toys for over 26 years and still hasn't figured this out.

Dak also 'expects' to be out there opening day. The masses would be a little more at ease if he said he 'will' be playing opening day rather than making it sound like he might not be there.

Praxit

Reaction score
..sounds like MM is the guy with right tools. ..;)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak not 100% for opening night??? Do we go with Gilbert?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"You have to have a great defense."

Will someone please clue Jerry into this fact? He's been playing with his toys for over 26 years and still hasn't figured this out.

Dak also 'expects' to be out there opening day. The masses would be a little more at ease if he said he 'will' be playing opening day rather than making it sound like he might not be there.

So with all the FA on defense signed, and the very heavy draft, with the first 6 picks on defense is not good enough for you?
Taking everything as a negative.
Typical from you regardless.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're off the Christmas card list, buddy. Answer this first - how many times have these FA's and draftees lead to what would be considered a 'great' defense? All I hear year in and year out, mostly from Dak fans, is how poor the defense is. So what's the dealio?

yeah but this year is different…:laugh:
Oh, ok, we heard that before also…:muttley:

I love what they did for the defense and how it was addressed. I also been saying show me on the field. So I understand how some feel. But I choose to look on the upside rather the downside.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You're off the Christmas card list, buddy. Answer this first - how many times have these FA's and draftees lead to what would be considered a 'great' defense? All I hear year in and year out, mostly from Dak fans, is how poor the defense is. So what's the dealio?

Pretty sure no one's calling this defense great ..........but improved from last year without a doubt. Can't believe you don't remember how poorly we played last year defensively and it has nothing to do with Dak. Hell, he only played 4 games. So it's odd you're linking Dak and last year D together.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah don't play Dak at all since the game against the Giants last year. That will turn up roses in week 1 against Tampa. I'm just glad it's week1. Hardly indicative of what you're team will actually look like as the season moves on. Is Brady getting some live action in preseason? I think he is. But hey, he needs it, Dak doesn't. Dak could be revived from cryogenic storage for the past 10 years and be as sharp as a scalpel!!

As far as the defense goes, I am optimistic. I love it when I keep hearing our D sucks due to last year. But in truth, what else is BigMac supposed to say? But I'm not going to doubt him too much because I've seen teams turn one side of the ball around quickly in the past.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not going to lie, this made me pause ..........I mean Gil isn't some yahoo just throwing words around.
Hall of Fame scout Gil Brandt, who spent 30 years with the Cowboys, tweeted that Prescott said Wednesday he expects to be playing when the season begins. Brandt acknowledges that it will take a lot to keep Prescott from playing, but that he may not be 100 percent.

This statement absolutely give me pause also. And the poster that stated that Gil is beyond his time or whatever he said, doesn’t diminish that Dak said “he expects to be playing”wasn’t a very confident statement, like if Day said, “I definitely will be playing”. Again the statement just ooze of uncertainty which screams the muscle strain might be more then they are letting on to, maybe a muscle tear?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Didn’t big Mike hire his old pal to run the defense last year?

Nolan gets fired and MM won’t answer his phone calls.

amazing.