Twitter: Cowboys nuggets from MM and Gil Brandt

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You got it, I hope he’s hurt, ya schmuck.

Let’s also note you’re the guy who said the day he left practice it was no big deal and yet here we are 3 weeks later and he’s limited in what he’s doing in practice. So your credibility on this topic isn’t exactly awesome.
It isn’t a big deal. Only for the haters and those easily freaked out.

plasticman

Reaction score
McCarthy should try to stay out of the prediction business, it rarely bodes well for an NFL Head Coach.

And yes, Brandt's statement that Dak might not be 100%.....I think he's talking about the ankle and he should be right. Any athlete going through that type of surgery has to take more than a year to completely heal. It's got to still be tender.

I've seen where athletes come back but take some to several more months to actually pick up where they left. When Michael Irvin came back from his injury in 1990 he still wasn't quite the same from his rookie season. It was the 1991 season, his fourth, that was the breakout for him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Will Dak feel some soreness or discomfort from the injury? Probably. But this doesn't mean he's at risk or will otherwise be compromised physically. By all accounts I have heard this was a two to three week injury. Dak started throwing after two weeks and there was no additional problems or setbacks (last weekend's MRI proved it).

The season rides on Dak. There's no need to risk him getting twisted around awkwardly on a sack Saturday night and possibly re-injuring the muscle when there's still a full three weeks remaining until the opener. The Cowboys are erring on the side of caution and that's what they and any other logically thinking franchise should do.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
What I hate about sports is that it seems once guys get paid. They start to stay hurt. I don't care what sport it is. It seems to be the case. I just don't see why they used Dak in the way they did in camp. Just seems when it comes to Dallas it's always something.:angry:We fans can never seem to just have a great season without drama. Guess I should be used to it by now:laugh:I mean we were all excited about the ankle looking great. Now it's a shoulder.....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We're supposed to be impressed by these soft, 5 yard tosses?

You're like the bothersome used car salesman that everyone hates. In this case you are constantly trying to sell Dak to the masses. The car salesman is trying to get a buyer to believe a trashed out Nissan Sentra is a Maserati, and you are constantly trying to get people here to believe Dak is the greatest QB in the history of the league and isn't damaged goods.

Just relax and let people think what they want. The constant Dak propping is nauseating.
No you’re not. Because you hope he never plays again.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Did he talk to the team Dr.’s? If Dak is still hurt then why in hell is it out there throwing everyday and increasing his reps everyday?

Uh, it says he talked directly with Dak. So it sounds like he heard it from the horse's mouth. Of course could just be his interpretation...but pretty concerning that he came out of the interview thinking something isn't right.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The team recently said they wanted to get him some work in the preseason games. Then they said they were hopeful. Now they say it's doubtful. Their tone has changed since Dak has started throwing again. Why? Why would they say a couple days ago that he should play and then change it to he is unlikely to play? No he has been ruled out. It lends itself to the idea that it is still an issue.

And come on...throwing 5-15 yard lollipops with no pass rush in drills is supposed to be proof that everything is going as expected? They initially treated this like a 2 or 3 day injury.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Uh, it says he talked directly with Dak. So it sounds like he heard it from the horse's mouth. Of course could just be his interpretation...but pretty concerning that he came out of the interview thinking something isn't right.
Not concerning at all if you take all that you’ve seen of Dak since he started throwing again a couple weeks ago. And every day he’s increasing his reps. He campaigned to play on Saturday and still might. I get it, some love the drama so they freak out easily. And there are others who hope he’s hurt. You know who they are. Just read their posts.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Not concerning at all if you take all that you’ve seen of Dak since he started throwing again a couple weeks ago. And every day he’s increasing his reps. He campaigned to play on Saturday and still might. I get it, some love the drama so they freak out easily. And there are others who hope he’s hurt. You know who they are. Just read their posts.

According to Kellen Moore he isn't playing Saturday.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll take Dak at 75% over any of our back ups at 100%.
Not sure I'd agree with you. Gilbert over Dak at 75% in my book. If he can't throw over 20 yards Tampa will play press defense and Dak can't burn them over the top and make them pay.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely. Just my opinion based on him throwing for a couple weeks now increasing his reps everyday.
Until i see Dak throwing ball more than 15 yards in the air by opening day I'm starting Gilbert until Dak is fully healed.

17 games in the regular season, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Don't ruin Dak in game one.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not sure I'd agree with you. Gilbert over Dak at 75% in my book. If he can't throw over 20 yards Tampa will play press defense and Dak can't burn them over the top and make them pay.
I think he can though. I mean, we won't know for sure until we see him start ramping it up, but I think he'll be ready before Week 1.