Twitter: Cowboys nuggets from MM and Gil Brandt

Sydla

Reaction score
We'll know soon enough. Eventually Dak has to get beyond just warm up throws in practice. If we are a week from now and he's still not participating in team drills, 11 on 11 stuff, even on a limited basis, then even more questions are going to creep in.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"You have to have a great defense."

Will someone please clue Jerry into this fact? He's been playing with his toys for over 26 years and still hasn't figured this out.

Dak also 'expects' to be out there opening day. The masses would be a little more at ease if he said he 'will' be playing opening day rather than making it sound like he might not be there.

parent you the guy that needs to clue into that?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Until i see Dak throwing ball more than 15 yards in the air by opening day I'm starting Gilbert until Dak is fully healed.

17 games in the regular season, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Don't ruin Dak in game one.
He’s already thrown longer than that. I saw him throw a 20 yard out just the other day.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are now critiquing and belittling Brandt, who is a HOF Cowboys Legend, and talk like he's just an old, senile, hater who has an agenda against poor old Dak. Get real, it is his opinion that Dak will not be at 100% come showtime. And he is probably right. His two injuries have not been tested under fire yet, which means they have not been tested. Sure, he will be dragged out onto the field on opening day, how long he remains is the question. It would not shock me in the least, if he is pulled out by MM for "safety precautions."

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It's not like we didn't try to build a defense during the JG years. I've posted many times with the chart of all the draft capital we used during the 10 JG years.

We spent almost as much draft capital on the defensive side as we did on the offensive side. The difference was, we sucked at drafting defensive players. Especially in the first four rounds where you are supposed get players to build your core.

Look at some of the players we picked with high picks since 2011 and the careers they had. No wonder our defense has sucked for the past 10 years for the most part.

Bruce Carter(2nd)
Mo Claiborne (1st and 2nd picks)
Byron Jones (1st)
Randy Gregory(2nd)
Jaylon Smith (2nd)
Taco (1st)
LVE (1st)
Trysten Hill (2nd)

Or we had coaches that sucked at their job coupled with they had no clue on who and what to draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My question/concern is IF they're not 100% sure he's healthy ( 2 weeks before the 1st regular-season game) why aren't we being progressive add more qualified backup. Coz I don't trust any of the 3 we have now a half-game and don't mention an entire game.....AGAINST THE BUCS.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Oh boy, Dak not 100%?

Yeah my spidey sense is tingling on this. There is something they just aren’t telling us.
i have thought this for some time now if dak is not 100 percent the cowboys have no shot at this season

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Glad to see MM understands you need a legit defense, not just a "great" QB, to win a SB. A few folks in this joint don't seem to grasp that concept.
Yeah great. He admits he’s always had a terrible defense though

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow, you guys are now critiquing and belittling Brandt, who is a HOF Cowboys Legend, and talk like he's just an old, senile, hater who has an agenda against poor old Dak. Get real, it is his opinion that Dak will not be at 100% come showtime. And he is probably right. His two injuries have not been tested under fire yet, which means they have not been tested. Sure, he will be dragged out onto the field on opening day, how long he remains is the question. It would not shock me in the least, if he is pulled out by MM for "safety precautions."
Karen’s gonna be Karens. Regardless of the facts such as he’s been throwing for a couple weeks now increasing his reps every day with no setbacks. But freak out if you must.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Dak Prescott expects to play in the season opener at Tampa
Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2021, 5:06 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...xpects-to-play-in-the-season-opener-at-tampa/

Not going to lie, this made me pause ..........I mean Gil isn't some yahoo just throwing words around.
Hall of Fame scout Gil Brandt, who spent 30 years with the Cowboys, tweeted that Prescott said Wednesday he expects to be playing when the season begins. Brandt acknowledges that it will take a lot to keep Prescott from playing, but that he may not be 100 percent.

Yikes-!
Not a 100 percent?!?!?!

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dak not 100% for opening night??? Do we go with Gilbert?
Brandt is not on the staff. He stated he is unsure if Dak will be 100%. Unsure = may, possibly, perhaps based on personal perception.

Creeper

Reaction score
This statement absolutely give me pause also. And the poster that stated that Gil is beyond his time or whatever he said, doesn’t diminish that Dak said “he expects to be playing”wasn’t a very confident statement, like if Day said, “I definitely will be playing”. Again the statement just ooze of uncertainty which screams the muscle strain might be more then they are letting on to, maybe a muscle tear?

This statement from Brandt makes no sense to me either. We were told there was no structural damage and that they rested Dak as a precaution. Then we were told he had a second MRI and it was good news. Now this statement makes it seem like there is a possibility that Dak could miss the opener. The only way he misses opening day is if the injury is worse than they claimed.

Verdict

Reaction score
Until i see Dak throwing ball more than 15 yards in the air by opening day I'm starting Gilbert until Dak is fully healed.

17 games in the regular season, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Don't ruin Dak in game one.
That would be just like the Cowboys. Rush Dak back and have him aggravate the injury and be out until game 10.