Twitter: Cowboys nuggets from MM and Gil Brandt

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
MM isn't saying we HAVE a great defense but will need one to reach the promised land. It's a process, one Jerry and Stephen haven't taken seriously in a few years.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Oh boy, Dak not 100%?

Yeah my spidey sense is tingling on this. There is something they just aren’t telling us.

Maybe it was a bit more serious than they originally thought or healing slower than expected.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"You have to have a great defense."

Will someone please clue Jerry into this fact? He's been playing with his toys for over 26 years and still hasn't figured this out.

Dak also 'expects' to be out there opening day. The masses would be a little more at ease if he said he 'will' be playing opening day rather than making it sound like he might not be there.
With the first 6 picks on this years draft he drafted defense. Do you need me to go over the FA’s sighned this year?

Sydla

Reaction score
Did he talk to the team Dr.’s? If Dak is still hurt then why in hell is it out there throwing everyday and increasing his reps everyday?

He spoke to Dak. So if Brandt is saying what he’s saying he got something, a comment, a vibe, something that lead him to post what he posted. Brandt doesn’t just fire off stuff for poops and giggles.

Loso86

Reaction score
"You have to have a great defense."

Will someone please clue Jerry into this fact? He's been playing with his toys for over 26 years and still hasn't figured this out.

Dak also 'expects' to be out there opening day. The masses would be a little more at ease if he said he 'will' be playing opening day rather than making it sound like he might not be there.
Funny thing is, if and when we finally get another top 5-10 Defense, then it won't be Jerry who gets the credit lol only when Bad happens

Big_D

Reaction score
Funny thing is, if and when we finally get another top 5-10 Defense, then it won't be Jerry who gets the credit lol only when Bad happens

He’ll get credit for finally getting rid of Garrett, but the job he’s done on the defensive side before McCarthy arrived has truly been horrendous.

Zman5

Reaction score
It's not like we didn't try to build a defense during the JG years. I've posted many times with the chart of all the draft capital we used during the 10 JG years.

We spent almost as much draft capital on the defensive side as we did on the offensive side. The difference was, we sucked at drafting defensive players. Especially in the first four rounds where you are supposed get players to build your core.

Look at some of the players we picked with high picks since 2011 and the careers they had. No wonder our defense has sucked for the past 10 years for the most part.

Bruce Carter(2nd)
Mo Claiborne (1st and 2nd picks)
Byron Jones (1st)
Randy Gregory(2nd)
Jaylon Smith (2nd)
Taco (1st)
LVE (1st)
Trysten Hill (2nd)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He spoke to Dak. So if Brandt is saying what he’s saying he got something, a comment, a vibe, something that lead him to post what he posted. Brandt doesn’t just fire off stuff for poops and giggles.
You didn’t answer my question. If somethings wrong with him then why is he out there every day now passing increasing his load every day?

Sydla

Reaction score
You didn’t answer my question. If somethings wrong with him then why is he out there every day now passing increasing his load every day?

He’s limited in his throwing. Basically one on one stuff. No full drills, etc. They are clearly bringing him along slowly because there is something there they are concerned with, are afraid could be re-aggravated.

Hopefully it is nothing but when Brandt makes a post like that, it perks your ears up.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s limited in his throwing. Basically one on one stuff. No full drills, etc. They are clearly bringing him along slowly because there is something there they are concerned with, are afraid could be re-aggravated.

Hopefully it is nothing but when Brandt makes a post like that, it perks your ears up.
Thank you. You finally get it. They are increasing his reps every day so that he doesn’t over do it, being the fierce competitor he is. I know you’re hoping like hell he’s hurt and can never play again, but this is not going to be that case no matter how much you pray.

Sydla

Reaction score
Thank you. You finally get it. They are increasing his reps every day so that he doesn’t over due it, being the fierce competitor he is, and doesn’t over do it. I know you’re hoping like hell he’s hurt and can never play again, but this is not going to be that case no matter how much you pray.

You got it, I hope he’s hurt, ya schmuck.

Let’s also note you’re the guy who said the day he left practice it was no big deal and yet here we are 3 weeks later and he’s limited in what he’s doing in practice. So your credibility on this topic isn’t exactly awesome.