Cowboys OC wants to 'present things in different ways'

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
College and NFL players are just not the same, that' my concern.
I think I know what you trying to say but you didn't say it. College players are NFL players. It's about the scheme packages

ondaedg

Reaction score
I don't believe in that game film Theory. A good coach a good team will constantly change according to the teams they play. Just my opinion I don't buy into it.

When the stakes are as high as they are in the NFL they wouldn't be wasting their time doing it if it wasn't absolutely necessary.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Did you see any of Boise States highlights? It's crazy.

They ran that play multiple times and it’s risky. Not sure pro coaches will fall for it. The tackle is split out wide and runs a hitch without crossing the line to make it look like he’s open, forcing someone to cover him. Meanwhile the TE, who is in the tackle position, runs a Go and catches the ball down the seam.

The upside is that it puts out 6 receivers (only 5 of whom are eligible). The downside is that if the defense figures it out and ignores the tackle, you’ve only got 4 guys blocking for the quarterback. Great way to get him killed in the NFL.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just lose the patterns and tendencies it's realty that simple. In 2016 I never knew what was coming next. Shockingly, neither did the defenses.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don't expect to see much difference in the play called but I would expect Moore to disguise the plays a little better. Normaly you play to the strengths of the players.
On the flip side if your a defensive coordinator you play to stop the the run and play man to man on our WRs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just lose the patterns and tendencies it's realty that simple. In 2016 I never knew what was coming next. Shockingly, neither did the defenses.
That was the mystery of Dak. The dude looks strong as a bull and defenses were worried about him having a big arm and were keeping everyone in front of them allowing a 5 yd cushion. Little did they know that's exactly what he liked.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think I know what you trying to say but you didn't say it. College players are NFL players. It's about the scheme packages
Talent is watered down in college. The NFL is saturated with talent.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I am still not sure hiring Moore as the OC was smart or the right move but there is no question the move and what our offense is going to look like is immensely fascinating.

One thing that has me cautious too when people claim he's going to bring college concepts to the offense...................... people were gushing about Chip Kelly and his wild, open college style offense. And it did catch the league off guard initially before people began to figure things out. Granted, a big issue with Kelly was his hurry up offense which I doubt Moore would try.
So true, but I really think the key to a great offense is diversity week to week.

If week 1, Dak throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs, our week 2 opponent see's this and game plans Moore's new passing scheme. Then we run for 200 yards from the spread formation with 2 rushing TDs. Just having the ability to pass from the jumbo package, run from the spread and use motion to read the D pre-snap. These are things that we just did on such a limited basis in the past, that hopefully we will increase to become more effective.

Dak's play action numbers were absolutely great, for good reason, yet we used this so infrequently (as compared to most of the league % wise) it was laughable. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but just the chance to see something different I'm sure has us all excited.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When the stakes are as high as they are in the NFL they wouldn't be wasting their time doing it if it wasn't absolutely necessary.
game film is overrated make no mistake about it they watch more game film on themselves than they do the other opposing team. Yes there are always characteristics of the other team but that's about as far as it goes if you concentrate on their game film. Get yourself ready for a loss because they will fool you

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Talent is no way watered down in my opinion. Just a different style. In fact many would rather watch college
It very much is. There are a ton more players in college that never sniff the pros.
It's just a numbers game. The best college team would get destroyed by an NFL team.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Basically saying he is running Jason Garrett Offense. This is still going to be jason garretts playbook. Do you think a coach in his final year of his contract he is gonna let a rookie nfl offensive coach call what he want when he want when jason garrett is a offensive coach too? I doubt Jason Garrett go out like that. Wouldnt suprise me if he tells Kellen what plays to run and kellen has a pick out of play A or play B. Or just play A. Too much on the line for Garrett.