News: Cowboys offer Dak 33m / 105 guaranteed

Swagger

Reaction score
Spot on Ranch. It's hard to put oneself in Daks shoes right now but if I were I know that this contract is what will set him, and more importantly, his family up for generations to come. I wouldn't care about the yearly average. I would only care about the guaranteed money.

Yeah $105 million is just chicken feed these days...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dak isn’t in the same dimension as Wentz or Goff, and certainly not Wilson. Only the demented loonies in here think that. The problem is, it’s just a different market now. The real problem is the moronic Jones clan wanting Dak at any price, instead of having a replacement ready. Now they’re about to be stuck with a disaster of their own making, when Dak’s contract is a laughingstock in a couple of years.
While I agree with most of your post, I highly doubt his contract will be laughable years from now. The QB contracts will always be the pacesetters.

Putting him as the highest paid QB in the league is the equivalent of pro wrestling handing some guy the championship belt until the next big card where someone else takes it.

If you want to call it a disaster it is that they are committing to Prescott and for how long and at what price down the road. The money we will hear about in general is quite honestly irrelevant.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
NO ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Goff and wentz are getting $34m a year and made almost $15m more just from their initial 1st round contracts compared to what dak has been paid. Dak's numbers are better than Wentz's and Goff's. Why should he take less money? It's not Dak's fault this team had terrible contracts in Romo and Dez that they had to eat so they couldn't sign any big free agents to make the team better on his rookie cheap labor deal.

Yah, have to fall back on his “numbers” to try to convince those of us who actually see him play. Why don’t you watch Dak’s throwing competition with David Carr at the Patriot/eagle Super Bowl. Carr hadn’t played in years. Then come back and talk about how his “numbers” make him worth even 33 mill a year. Dak couldn’t hit anything while Carr hit the targets. Carr embarrassed Dak on national TV. Guess you and Jerry were the only ones who didn’t see it. And explain why Dak has to work every offseason on his throwing fundamentals.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
It wasn't when I posted that.........that's the good part about hindsight.....it's never wrong.

When you posted you were predicting the future. You were wrong. Your foresight is worse than his hindsight.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
At what point does the front office say screw this and move on? Seems like they've offered two more than reasonable contracts that Daks team has turned down.

willia451

Reaction score
12 pages? What a concern. Not much longer now boys and we'll know something.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yah, have to fall back on his “numbers” to try to convince those of us who actually see him play. Why don’t you watch Dak’s throwing competition with David Carr at the Patriot/eagle Super Bowl. Carr hadn’t played in years. Then come back and talk about how his “numbers” make him worth even 33 mill a year. Dak couldn’t hit anything while Carr hit the targets. Carr embarrassed Dak on national TV. Guess you and Jerry were the only ones who didn’t see it. And explain why Dak has to work every offseason on his throwing fundamentals.
If you are serious its even more laughable

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Bruh, maybe the D wouldn't have been on the field for 40 minutes if the O had less 3 and outs, no?
I mean the offense had 3 td drives in a little more than 20 minutes lol. Maybe the defense shouldnt have had a train been run on them

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Are you a family member of Daks, or is this some kind of childish pissing contest?
I could give two craps about what any cowboy player is making in comparison to other nfl players as long as it benefits the cowboys as a team and they are good for the team.
You just dont understand business and finance. The big boys make decisions based on market values and statistical facts.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Yeh and now he's due. Trust me if he hit the open market he's getting paid paid. Him and his agent would be dancing in the streets if jerry let him test free agency
They will not let him walk away. They would trade him before that would happen. I’m not from Texas but my question for fans living in this state is; how much money does Dak make (salary and endorsements) being the QB in Dallas? How much taxes would he pay as oppose to other cities? These are some of the issues that can come in to play.

Rayman70

Reaction score
PAY THE MAN HIS DUE. Market value says its in the 35 mil per range at very least. Anything less is an insult. Its not about the money its about the lack of respect being given.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Waste of money we are screwed for the next 3-5 years with all these mega deals without a shred of success to show for it.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
PAY THE MAN HIS DUE. Market value says its in the 35 mil per range at very least. Anything less is an insult. Its not about the money its about the lack of respect being given.
33 is pretty much in that range

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
NO ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Goff and wentz are getting $34m a year and made almost $15m more just from their initial 1st round contracts compared to what dak has been paid. Dak's numbers are better than Wentz's and Goff's. Why should he take less money? It's not Dak's fault this team had terrible contracts in Romo and Dez that they had to eat so they couldn't sign any big free agents to make the team better on his rookie cheap labor deal.

If they can get him to sign for $33 million, then shouldn't they?