News: Cowboys offer Dak 33m / 105 guaranteed

Rayman70

Reaction score
Daks deal better come in around 35 mil per or it will get ugly. If I am Jerry, be smart, sign him before the new CBA is approved and save huge money. 35-37 mil per year will look like a bargain after the cba is done. We gonna see QB's pulling in over 40 mil per soon.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Appreciate that. Honestly that high paying job allowed me to take a 30k pay cut and get closer to my dad before I retired. Dont tell the haters! I'm trying to get u der there thin skin. Salud!
Very cool! I did cash a few startup options back in those days, paid for kids' college so I did something right at least! Watching the haters squirm is big reason I come on here.

Keep posting coach

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Daks deal better come in around 35 mil per or it will get ugly. If I am Jerry, be smart, sign him before the new CBA is approved and save huge money. 35-37 mil per year will look like a bargain after the cba is done. We gonna see QB's pulling in over 40 mil per soon.

You pay Dak $35M/year+ and kiss this team even more goodbye.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

The Cowboys can't "start over" with a rookie qb, T. Smith, etc. are on borrowed time, LVE's neck is probably going to limit him to maybe 3 more years, even Martin's no spring chicken at 29 years old (though guards can play well into their mid-30s), etc.

Dak has his problems, but he's young, durable, has good rapport with Cooper and Gallup, has Zeke to keep him from having to be "the man" and throw for 40 tds to win and does seem to have a good grasp of how to run the offense.

Signing him for even $37 mil will hurt for a couple of years, but IF the team can get to or win the SB it will be a good deal for the Cowboys. Of course if they don't, they're stuck with a good, but not championship, quarterback (a la Cousins), but hey, it's all an unknown at this point.

But let Dak go, and I'm much afraid we're looking at another 5-6 years of mediocrity.

Pay the man, and keep your fingers crossed....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You pay Dak $35M/year+ and kiss this team even more goodbye.

No, Cowboys have $84 mil in cap space, cutting T. Crawford adds another $8 mil or so. And the $35 mil a year doesn't have to be all in, every year, there are myriad ways to structure that.

Money isn't the issue, it's whether or not Dak can play better, which he has to go get this team to a SB win, the missed wide open throws are a big part of that, after 4 years it's not going to get a lot better, but losing Garrett helps, Dak isn't good at throwing for 5,000 yards and 40 tds, that's not his game, hopefully McCarthy, et al can put Dak is better position to win...

JustChip

Reaction score
No offense but you don't speak for me. I would be perfectly happy with $33M per year.
No offense, but it’s apples and oranges. Probably an almost unanimous number if CZ members, not to mention the general public, would say the same. However, that’s because we/they are working Joe’s and not in the same situation as a professional athlete. We’re fans and our views are framed by something we love, but don’t have the skill to do.