News: Cowboys offer Dak 33m / 105 guaranteed

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Look if he accecpted the deal i would be happy. Because its a great deal that we signed him for less than 2 qbs hes better than. Im jus saying it aint happening

And I'm ok moving on, guy folded down the stretch like a lawn chair. And Wentz is a better player, just without the weapons Dak has.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And I'm ok moving on, guy folded down the stretch like a lawn chair. And Wentz is a better player, just without the weapons Dak has.
That year that Wentz was having a really good year?
Yeah.
He had a ton of talent working with him.
Great OL.
Good WR's
Very good RB tandom.
Very good TE.

And a coach that nobody could keep up with his O scheme yet.
So much so that Wentz's backup won the whole thing.

Wentz had weapons. Wentz had a ton.

And a better D.
And a better Special Teams.

And better coaching.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That year that Wentz was having a really good year?
Yeah.
He had a ton of talent working with him.
Great OL.
Good WR's
Very good RB tandom.
Very good TE.

And a coach that nobody could keep up with his O scheme yet.
So much so that Wentz's backup won the whole thing.

Wentz had weapons. Wentz had a ton.

And a better D.
And a better Special Teams.

And better coaching.

Point is, he didn't have those this year. The overall offense he was working with was bad. And people can talk about Giants and Commanders being bad, but they are division rivals. He beat 3 of them in a row to get into the playoffs - including us.

Dak should have played better, and he didn't. The fact that you can have so many bad days on the clock, fail to lead your team to the post-season when you're negotiating for a contract, and still get what you were asking for is embarrassing for NFL owners. One of them has to step up and just let a QB walk.

Corso

Reaction score
Point is, he didn't have those this year. The overall offense he was working with was bad. And people can talk about Giants and Commanders being bad, but they are division rivals. He beat 3 of them in a row to get into the playoffs - including us.

Dak should have played better, and he didn't. The fact that you can have so many bad days on the clock, fail to lead your team to the post-season when you're negotiating for a contract, and still get what you were asking for is embarrassing for NFL owners. One of them has to step up and just let a QB walk.
Lol. Right on. Simple.

Sydla

Reaction score
NO ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Goff and wentz are getting $34m a year and made almost $15m more just from their initial 1st round contracts compared to what dak has been paid. Dak's numbers are better than Wentz's and Goff's. Why should he take less money? It's not Dak's fault this team had terrible contracts in Romo and Dez that they had to eat so they couldn't sign any big free agents to make the team better on his rookie cheap labor deal.

wentz is 32MM AAV.

And what they made in rookie money is meaningless. No one gets more simply because they were underpaid in their rookie deal. Wentz and Goff are the market. Wilson is at 35MM.

There’s the range.

Corso

Reaction score
wentz is 32MM AAV.

And what they made in rookie money is meaningless. No one gets more simply because they were underpaid in their rookie deal. Wentz and Goff are the market. Wilson is at 35MM.

There’s the range.
AAV.
Dude.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
wentz is 32MM AAV.

There’s the range.
Wentz deal turns into 34 if he plays a certain number of games ie stays healthy

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Ha!!! Dak was the best player on our team last year. Defense below average special teams atrocious and coaching well lets not go there.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

But yet you still j/o to your romo posters lol

Sydla

Reaction score
Wentz deal turns into 34 if he plays a certain number of games ie stays healthy

That’s not how they calculate AAV. It’s based on the base contract amount because it’s unknown if a player will win MVP or not get hurt, when they calculate AAV they don’t add in those incentives. Technically Wentz could hit nearly 38MM in AAV if he hits all his incentives - MVP, playoff appearances, etc.

Dak likely will have his own additional incentives.

Corso

Reaction score
Dude what?

The poster brought up Wentz’s AAV, not me.
He did it?
That dirty so and so!
I'm glad you brought the truth to the matter, my good, law-abiding citizen.
I'll handle this from here.
It'll probably have me running around some random dock like Adam West with a giant bomb in my hands, but I do what I have to do ******!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just read on MSN that the boys have exceeded there offer to more than the 33M and 105, but did not say by how much.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
The AAV is reasonable. It's the guaranteed money that's low. And the length of the deal wasn't reported. If that is on a 4 year deal it is close to reasonable. If it is 5+ years that is still a poor offer.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It’s evident that you’re a Dak homer by your username, which makes this argument a waste of time. Goff has an NFC title game win under his belt in a game he played solid in. That win has helped him out perform Dak in the playoffs. Winning a conference title game is a major skin on a QBs wall. Goff has a better playoff record than Dak. Ultimately QBs are judged by their playoff record, unless we’re talking Fouts, Marino and Moon. At the end of the day it’s not going matter which QB statistically outperformed the other, it’s who got the win. That’s what matters!
Ah, dont get so lathered up, KKj.
Dak sucks or will be average.
Dak lovers are deluded.
Drive home safely angry lad.

cowboyec

Reaction score
He did it?
That dirty so and so!
It'll probably have me running around some random dock like Adam West with a giant bomb in my hands, but I do what I have to do ******!
holy dynamite Batman!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That’s not how they calculate AAV. It’s based on the base contract amount because it’s unknown if a player will win MVP or not get hurt, when they calculate AAV they don’t add in those incentives. Technically Wentz could hit nearly 38MM in AAV if he hits all his incentives - MVP, playoff appearances, etc.

Dak likely will have his own additional incentives.
Yeh but it wont be just playing in games. Thats about as basic as it gets.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He did it?
That dirty so and so!
Blasphemy!!!!!