News: Cowboys offer Dak 33m / 105 guaranteed

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Again this is just for consumption. I want Dak back but my question is the price. Plus it adds some Amari convo

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Or just let this guy walk because he's not Mahomes, Watson, Rodgers, or Wilson. No reason to pay this guy. Let some other team waste cap space and get nowhere. We're not winning anything with this QB at that pay level.
Say only the haters who have proved over and over again they are clueless about NFL football.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Again this is just for consumption. I want Dak back but my question is the price. Plus it adds some Amari convo

That’s the thing. Everyone has been saying cooper disappeared in a few games last year, honestly not really. He opened up the field for everyone. He draws so much attention, no way I want him walking, let’s not forget this guys has both of his legs are screwed up and still played , he loves it in Dallas.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You need Dak and Cooper. With Gallup getting better Cooper will get less passes but he still commands attention. And he gets open. Sign them both and let’s move on.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Hold out and get what you can! We all would, just most won't admit it.
Who want admit it? Speak for yourself. The thing is Dak isn't worth holding out but since I don't run the Cowboys he can. If I did he'd be a free agent whenever that happens because for his actual skill level its not hard to replace like some here think.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No offense but you don't speak for me. I would be perfectly happy with $33M per year.
You say that now because you're nowhere near this type of salary. In whatever job you work now would you take less than what is the going rate and if so how much less? I think regular people need to stop comparing their money to money the majority of us aren't seeing.

ICP

Reaction score
NO ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Goff and wentz are getting $34m a year and made almost $15m more just from their initial 1st round contracts compared to what dak has been paid. Dak's numbers are better than Wentz's and Goff's. Why should he take less money? It's not Dak's fault this team had terrible contracts in Romo and Dez that they had to eat so they couldn't sign any big free agents to make the team better on his rookie cheap labor deal.
Yeah but Goff and Wentz have at least gotten to the SB. Daks led this team no farther than a wild card win

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wasn't the story that they offered him 33 last year?

Goff and Wentz got more in guarantees, Goff got more in salary.

Dak should wait until free agency shakes out. Jerry has shown a lack of will to even *consider* signing someone else. Jerry needs the tag for Cooper. Dak has every reason to wait, instead of signing money he could have had last year. It's not a serious offer to get Dak to move.

I think the floor on Dak's contract is 35mil.
actually the first deals were 30 and minor changes and small increases, he was offered 32 last year and 33 with 90 then 100 and now 105 guarantees..so nothing earth shattering on changes but they are changes none the less..IDC what dak thinks he should do this is afar offer for a QB that hasn't eared his skins yet and failed to get his team over the hump last year and Dak was an issue down the stretch, lest stop dumping this on garett and other players..some of those games Dak lost because he fell apart when it truly counted,, Hollow padded numbers should not get you a market deal..33 with 105 in guarantees no matter the length, should be enough for dak to play with insurance and set for life comfortably...

and IF a big IF he somehow out perfoms that deal gets up to a SB, well im betting Jerry will take care of him say year 3 of the deal, restructure put some back money to the front for a nice bonus...

if he wanst to risk the FT and get hurt while playing , well that on him..Jerry offered him very reaosnable and fair dela for a layer like Dak sat this moment in time..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know what happened that’s why I brought it up. Obviously Bradshaw won the super bowls from having a better team. That’s exactly what I said. Just like Goff won because he had the better team, not because he was the better QB. Same for Dilfer.

I brought those examples up for the exact reasons you’re now giving me some kind of dumb history lesson about and actually reinforcing what I was saying, which is that better teams win. And it’s not always indicate of who the better QB is.

so again, Dak was the better QB in the playoffs than Goff. But Goff’s team won because it was better. Just like Dilfer and Bradshaw won because they were on better teams. Thanks for reinforcing that point for me.

I do care who wins. We are talking strictly about a players contractual value. Not about caring during season who wins or loses. Apparently your brain can’t separate the two.

Goff didn’t have the steel curtain defense or the 2000 Ravens defense. His 2018 Rams team wasn’t nearly as good as those teams. His game came down some that season because the Rams offense lost their best receiver Cooper Kupp. I felt the Cowboys had a good chance to beat the Rams in that playoff game had their defense been playing like it did when we they faced the Saints. A QBs W/L record especially in the playoffs plays a part in contract negotiations. QBs are given a W/L record because they have a big influence on the outcome of games. We’ve argued this long enough and we don’t agree. If you want to keep wasting time go ahead.

Flamma

Reaction score
we will tank the season without him. The going rate for a decent QB is what it is and will only get worse under the new CBA. I hate the money these guys are getting, but that's the market. Tanking the year, with new coaches/staff doesn't make much sense. We are in win now mode...not 5 years from now. We have 35 million reasons TO pay him.

That's better than going 8-8. At least we'd be in a better draft position and can keep all of our UFAs. And I know what the going rate is. I also know what's the going rate for a rookie QB. Like 7 times cheaper. I just don't think Dak is so great that we couldn't find someone like him in the draft.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah but Goff and Wentz have at least gotten to the SB. Daks led this team no farther than a wild card win
Wentz has played 8 minutes in the playoffs and has 0 wins in the playoffs and superbowl. Wentz hasn't gotten to a superbowl, you don't get the credit when sitting on the bench the entire playoffs and superbowl.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Goff didn’t have the steel curtain defense or the 2000 Ravens defense. His 2018 Rams team wasn’t nearly as good as those teams. His game came down some that season because the Rams offense lost their best receiver Cooper Kupp. I felt the Cowboys had a good chance to beat the Rams in that playoff game had their defense been playing like it did when we they faced the Saints. A QBs W/L record especially in the playoffs plays a part in contract negotiations. QBs are given a W/L record because they have a big influence on the outcome of games. We’ve argued this long enough and we don’t agree. If you want to keep wasting time go ahead.

None of that means the Rams weren’t a better team than the cowboys though.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The Dallas Daks vs the Los Angeles Goffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
None of that means the Rams weren’t a better team than the cowboys though.

They weren’t the team they were during the regular season and you’ve even pointed it out by how they played in December. It wasn’t just Goff but as a team they didn’t look very good heading into the playoffs. They were very beatable had our defense showed up. They lost Cooper Kupp during the season and Todd Gurley had done little during December. The Rams had begun to flame out. Even when they got us two scores down they couldn’t put us away. We had a chance at the end had we stopped Goff on that third and short.

Silly

Reaction score
He should sign quickly. If this Chinese flu takes off there might not be a season this year.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Wentz has played 8 minutes in the playoffs and has 0 wins in the playoffs and superbowl. Wentz hasn't gotten to a superbowl, you don't get the credit when sitting on the bench the entire playoffs and superbowl.
Yes you do get credit, I can assure you his Super Bowl ring is quite real. Maybe you can go buy a toy ring for Dak and you can go wear it and watch the Super Bowl on TV, troll.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Dallas Cowboys BEFORE Amari Cooper:

25 Wins 14 Losses 64.1% Win %

Dallas Cowboys AFTER Amari Cooper:

15 Wins 10 Losses 60% Win %

Remind me again how Amari Cooper has helped Dallas do anything but help Dak Prescott compile stats???????? He sure has not helped propel this team into more wins or a deep playoff run.