Cowboys offering a 2nd for Thomas

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Trade them our first for ET and their 2nd. They get their first and we drop down 15 spots to get our safety.
Seattle doesn’t have a 2nd or 3rd round pick in 2019. Traded away for Dwayne Brown last year. Love Brown but due to Jeremy Lane failing a physical in Houston it cost them a 3rd as well as the original 2nd.

dcstar

Reaction score
Ridiculous. Stay the course. Offer them Mr Bailey plus a 5th...oh wait...that won't work. Just forget it then.

Go Cowboys!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I really can't see Dallas offering more than a 3rd rounder. His contract is up after this year. He is going to want top money next year, 3 or 4 year contract. It goes against everything Dallas has been doing of late, we going to pay big bucks for an aging veteran that may not complete his contract?

Dallas has too many holes to fill. Dallas will not make the playoffs this year. Wait until next year, keep the 2nd rounder, and sign ET in free agency if contract is not exorbitant.

Man,now granted the fact I've went on record in saying We'd more than likely be a .500 ball club in 2018 after first glance of our schedule when it came out last year,,,I'm of a much more optimistic position currently,,, but to emphatically state we're not even gonna make the playoffs this year??? ,,,b-4 the seasons even started is just so wrong, in a crap load of ways,,,my FRIENDo_O

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He was extrapolating on my CAP numbers. You're getting caught up in side bull ****.

I don't care -- nor does my broski -- what Cousins and Grap signed, when the topic of HIS reply to MY post was cap-escalation.

Simmer down.

Yes, simmer down. Geez, I was responding to the comment "Among the players expected to hit the free agent market..."
All I said was that Garapolo wouldn't be a free agent since he just signed a contract. Nothing to "simmer down" about...

Last edited:

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Man,now granted the fact I've went on record in saying We'd more than likely be a .500 ball club in 2018 after first glance of our schedule when it came out last year,,,I'm of a much more optimistic position currently,,, but to emphatically state we're not even gonna make the playoffs this year??? ,,,b-4 the seasons even started is just so wrong, in a crap load of ways,,,my FRIENDo_O

What has made you more optimistic after the 0-4 preseason record and the Beard being out for x games plus our safety Woods being out currently?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Heres JJT's follow up about the second rounder being offered:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/...-Earl-Thomas_Dallas-Fort-Worth-492552731.html

He still believes something gets done by Sunday.

Did I hear him right? Seattle wanted the 2 in last year’s draft for Connor Williams or was he talking about Dallas? If Seattle wanted Williams and we said no, that could be another piece of the puzzle here.

Nevermind, I think he meant Dallas after listening again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I hear him right? Seattle wanted the 2 in last year’s draft for Connor Williams or was he talking about Dallas? If Seattle wanted Williams and we said no, that could be another piece of the puzzle here.

Seattle called and asked for Dallas' 2nd rounder. Connor Williams was still there, Dallas wanted him, so they told Seattle "No". They then called Seattle and offered their 3rd round pick and at that point Seattle said "No".

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Seattle called and asked for Dallas' 2nd rounder. Connor Williams was still there, Dallas wanted him, so they told Seattle "No". They then called Seattle and offered their 3rd round pick and at that point Seattle said "No".

I know all that. In the video he was asked about Seattle calling for the two and he responded they wanted it for Williams. After listening again, I think he meant Dallas not Seattle wanted Williams which we have known all along.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
This FO pisses me off so much. Why did they wait until four days before the start of the season, just to give in and up their offer? Now they’ve left very little time for any kind of negotiations and even if they pull it off, he won’t be in game shape, hasn’t had any offseason activities to acclimate and won’t know the playbook.

If they were just going to cave in and up their offer the whole time, they should have done this months ago to get him into camp. They tried to play hardball and got called on it. I wouldn’t even put it past them to have planned the entire time on holding out hoping Seattle gave in with the idea that if they didn’t they would just up the offer at that point.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I say offer the next three 1st and 2nd rounders and get it done. Wooooooo! Cowboys! Draft picks are just an excuse to pay less money for unproven youth. Woooooo! And one more Cowboys!!