Cowboys offering a 2nd for Thomas

bsbellomy

Reaction score
What has made you more optimistic after the 0-4 preseason record and the Beard being out for x games plus our safety Woods being out currently?

Because our starters played all of about 30 plays and were pretty damn efficient?

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
If we do get him, Jerry doesn't have to sign him to a contract extension for another three seasons. They'd get ET for an $8.5M cap hit this season then franchise tag him for the next two seasons after. So they would't have to sign him to an extension until 2021.

John813

Reaction score
If we do get him, Jerry doesn't have to sign him to a contract extension for another three seasons. They'd get ET for an $8.5M cap hit this season then franchise tag him for the next two seasons after. So they would't have to sign him to an extension until 2021.

Yea, cause ET would totally go along with that and not be a distraction here.
He'll be awol all TC/PS.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'd give them the 2nd no problem as win win for us with our needs back there a pro bowl Safety would make a huge diff for our defense.....2nd round picks are far from guaranteed Studs or starters in some cases.......esp with Jerry and Will selecting....

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
ET finished #42 on the NFL top 100 this season coming off that broken leg. He was the top Safety. DeMarcus Lawrence finished at #34.

Last edited:

zekecowboy

Reaction score

A team only gets one franchise tag. If we tag ET, what about D Lawrence?

J-man

Reaction score
Lol ***

Sorry they aren’t getting more. What is wrong with their FO????

HES GOING TO BE A FREE AGENT NEXT YEAR

Agreed, and I'll add that if he has a good season, he's going to be a Dallas Cowboy next year.

garyv

Reaction score
So they wanted a 2nd

We offer a 2nd

They want more? No thanks. They should’ve accepted that no brainer. Won’t get that high of a comp pick

Who is Seattle going to trade him too ? most likely he want sign a new Contract with a team not named Cowboys

J-man

Reaction score

As high as the average salaries just went up around the league, can we even afford to keep him via the tag at (I think) 110%?
And if D-Law has another great year he's going to get paid a ton of cash. I'm not sure Dallas would pony up that kind of $ for him or anyone else anymore. They seemed to have moved away from huge FA signings. IMHO, I don't think they can afford to resign all the offensive stars soon coming due if they start throwing big $ around on the defensive side of the ball.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
If they franchise Lawrence for two straight seasons, he'll have a cap hit of over $20M (120% increase) if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if they'd do that or not.

So if the Cowboys trade for ET, his cap hit per season with two straight franchise tag's after 2018 looks like this:

2018 $8.5M cap hit
2019 $11M approx
2020 $13M approx

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they franchise Lawrence for two straight seasons, he'll have a cap hit of over $20M (120% increase) if I'm not mistaken. Not sure if they'd do that or not.

So if the Cowboys trade for ET, his cap hit per season with two straight franchise tag's after 2018 looks like this:

2018 $8.5M cap hit
2019 $11M approx
2020 $13M approx

They aren't going to trade for ET with the plan of using the franchise tag on him.

Flamma

Reaction score

Woah! 120% increase!! Players would beg for the franchise tag again. For Lawrence that would be like 37m for next year. No biggy, a minor oversight. I think it's 20% and you had the number right. It would probably be just over 20M. No way they franchise tag him again IMO.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Woah! 120% increase!! Players would beg for the franchise tag again. For Lawrence that would be like 37m for next year. No biggy, a minor oversight. I think it's 20% and you had the number right. It would probably be just over 20M. No way they franchise tag him again IMO.
lol Yeah it was worded wrong. Meant to say 120% of his previous salary. So yeah, 20% increase.

Last edited:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Would anyone trade LVE for ET? I would in a nano second. I would be willing to give a #1 pick for ET. #1 picks are not always game changers folks. LVE is not a game changer. He won't even be starting. Maybe he becomes one someday but most likely he will just be average which is OK. ET has never been average. He is worth a #1 pick and it is not even close.

snadler

Reaction score
Would anyone trade LVE for ET? I would in a nano second. I would be willing to give a #1 pick for ET. #1 picks are not always game changers folks. LVE is not a game changer. He won't even be starting. Maybe he becomes one someday but most likely he will just be average which is OK. ET has never been average. He is worth a #1 pick and it is not even close.

Why should the boys give up a #1 when not any other team in the league is willing to give up a #1..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'd give up LVE for Derwin James.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He already held out this year. He would would definitely hold out if that happened.