Twitter: Cowboys officially place Zeke on Reserve/Did not report list

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
It didnt stop us from letting him carry this offense in his backpack last season.

If hes not paid here, he will get paid somewhere else.
Again, I dont have an issue with his on field performance and if someone else has a lower risk tolerance for his off the field antics, so be it. If there is a position in the NFL that you can say "grows on trees", the RB position is it right now. Very few NFL teams are willing to tie up huge amounts of money on the RB position anymore and I do not think the Cowboys should be any different.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We get pay increases every year in the military so that a moot point. Millions of Americans qualify to be in the military the NFL is an elite select group so again a moot point. And yeah you actually can leave your post there just will be consequences afterwards. And i guess contracts are meaningless since teams can cut you before the end of your contract and players can hold out before the end of their contracts. Welcome to the modern day professional sports.

Did you receive a 16 million dollar bonus like Zeke did?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Agree. Awesome player. So is OBJ.
Correct but obj is hampered by the "me" syndrome just like TOwens. He is a locker room cancer and will go out of the league as such. Soon enough, nobody will want him and he will be a has been. Then later on he will get inducted into the HOF and not show up because he will feel that he should have been selected earlier in life.....just like TO. Great player, bad attitude.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Stop comparing athletes pay to normal jobs as if that’s a point. They are different fields so the pay is different

Hold on there Jstopper I'm not comparing anything! YOU'RE the one who brought up pay increases every year in the military as an argument, not me, so don't blame me for your crap argument. Post # 182
Apparently you have a short memory:

(Jstopper said:
We get pay increases every year in the military so that a moot point. Millions of Americans qualify to be in the military the NFL is an elite select group so again a moot point. And yeah you actually can leave your post there just will be consequences afterwards. And i guess contracts are meaningless since teams can cut you before the end of your contract and players can hold out before the end of their contracts. Welcome to the modern day professional sports
.)

Last edited:

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hold on there Jstopper I'm not comparing anything! YOU'RE the one who brought up pay increases every year in the military as an argument, not me, so don't blame me for your crap argument. Post # 182
Apparently you have a short memory:

(Jstopper said:
We get pay increases every year in the military so that a moot point. Millions of Americans qualify to be in the military the NFL is an elite select group so again a moot point. And yeah you actually can leave your post there just will be consequences afterwards. And i guess contracts are meaningless since teams can cut you before the end of your contract and players can hold out before the end of their contracts. Welcome to the modern day professional sports
.)

I can bring up the similarity in the fact that my job gave a pay increase. You cannot compare the AMOUNT of the increase because those are two different fields of work so of course they get paid more.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I love Zeke. Just am angry about the Rams loss which he gave nothing. In big games, he has to run outside with his speed, not keep running up the middle over and over.

I blame that on the playcalling. You think Zeke is gonna tell the coaches to change the play so he can run outside? I doubt it.

visionary

Reaction score
I don’t think any fan would be cool with that aria. But anytime a team signs any player to a long term deal, with guaranteed money, they are assuming risk.

Look at the Skins with Alex Smith. They signed him to a deal with a lot of guaranteed money. He then gets hurt so badly he probably never plays again.

It’s just the way the ball bounces sometimes. It’s also the reason players want guaranteed money. Zeke could have his career ended week 1 against the giants for all we know.

You do understand that Zeke is under contract, that he is the one who signed this contract, that he already received guaranteed money for this contract, that the cowboys are fulfilling their part of the contract and Zeke needs to fulfill his ?

You do understand these facts, right?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If the below doesn't scream "Unique" then bud your reality is at best a Jimmy Hendrix experience.....lol...
I'm thinking a Purple Haze is distinctly in order tonight.
Hold my beer...

Already know how I'm cooking din (chicken stir fry)...
Movie has been chosen (Alan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold)...

I deserve my Haze!
Hopefully I escape the cooking process with zero injuries.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You do understand that Zeke is under contract, that he is the one who signed this contract, that he already received guaranteed money for this contract, that the cowboys are fulfilling their part of the contract and Zeke needs to fulfill his ?

You do understand these facts, right?

Where in my post does it discuss Zeke’s current contract.

Tell you what though. The next time the team wants to cut a player who is still under contract. I expect to see you making these same comments about how the team needs to honor the contract.

visionary

Reaction score
Where in my post does it discuss Zeke’s current contract.

Tell you what though. The next time the team wants to cut a player who is still under contract. I expect to see you making these same comments about how the team needs to honor the contract.

Are you really this dense?

Let me say this slowly so that you can understand:

If a team cuts a player it is not because they are nit honoring the contract, it is because that was part of the contract that the player signed

Now, please, please, please, read that at least 3 times really really slowly before responding to my post

Please

Really really really slowly

HungryLion

Reaction score
Are you really this dense?

Let me say this slowly so that you can understand:

If a team cuts a player it is not because they are nit honoring the contract, it is because that was part of the contract that the player signed

Now, please, please, please, read that at least 3 times really really slowly before responding to my post

Please

Really really really slowly

No I’m not dense. If you’re going to be a sarcastic ******, then there’s no sense responding back to you.

And again, the point I originally made, that you responded to, had nothing to do with Zeke currently being under contract or not. You literally responded to one of my posts, asking if I understand a concept, that had nothing to do with my posts.

Since you bring the topic up though, This is called a hold out. It’s a negotiating tactic that is commonly used in the NFL. What don’t you understand about that?

You posting on a message board that “players need to honor their contracts” does nothing to change that REALITY of contract negotiations in the national football league. Zeke is holding out. The cowboys can’t point a Gun to his head and make him play. They can fine him and he can’t play for another team.

Zeke can withhold his services and negatively impact their product on the field.

Maybe you need to slow down and try to understand that teams can’t force players to play. Zeke doesnt have to ever pick up a football again, if he is willing to face the consequences of that.

They are two parties in dispute using negotiating tactics. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It was the Jones’s fault, they threw around the phrase “Gurley money” when they didn’t have to say anything.
*ya, not a single peep of dissenting opinion concercerning that bro*

I'm one of his strongest supports but this baffles me to no end........

A solid steadfast sign for those capable of reading "between the lines" and a commendable overt act of no B.S. FORTITUDE from the F.O.:clap:

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I can bring up the similarity in the fact that my job gave a pay increase. You cannot compare the AMOUNT of the increase because those are two different fields of work so of course they get paid more.

Well duh! The only thing I compared was your poor argument to someone's better argument. The actual amount of the money was never the point with Aria, so neither was it the point with me. You took Aria's argument out of context just for the sake of argument.
Let it go Jstopper. The whole thing wasn't worth what you're making of it.

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
This offensive line is getting past their prime , if zeke sits out this season ; he will regret it .

Jipper

Reaction score
I honestly have reached a point where I would rather see the cowboys move on from zeke and get whatever value they could for him....we would be a worse team but at least we wouldn’t be at the mercy of his next bad decision l....

Just tired of him....are we better with him, yes....but without him there is so much less drama or potential issues

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s time to give him the last and final offer. If he don’t want it then tell him we are getting our 4th year from him. He can sit in Cabo and get nothing but fines.

After this season if we get a good trade offer then he will be traded. We can get a high pick for him and get another RB, maybe not the special player Elliot is but a above average player.

And if JJ does this then don’t let him come in week 11. He is shut down for the year. It would suck if him missing costs us a season. But we can’t ruin our cap by over paying him 17 million a year.