Twitter: Cowboys officially place Zeke on Reserve/Did not report list

aria

Reaction score
I’m a veteran so spare me the soliloquy about us putting our lives on the line. We knew what was up when we signed up for it. And there are enough ppl in America that can do the job (or a draft if not enough people want to) that we would never be compensated hugely for it. It’s capitalism simple supply and demand regardless if they’re playing a child’s game or not. So yes he should be compensated because he’s one of a handful of humans on the planet that can do his job at the level he can. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.
And Zeke knew what he was getting when he signed up for it, that’s the point. So now he decides he doesn’t like it, he just gets to sit out? Please.

Think that would fly in the military? “War? Nah, I never planned on that or don’t think I’m being paid enough to get shot at, give me more money or I’m going home”.

So what’s the point in having a contract? Please enlighten me.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And Zeke knew what he was getting when he signed up for it, that’s the point. So now he decides he doesn’t like it, he just gets to sit out? Please.

Think that would fly in the military? “War? Nah, I never planned on that or don’t think I’m being paid enough to get shot at, give me more money or I’m going home”.

So what’s the point in having a contract? Please enlighten me.

We get pay increases every year in the military so that a moot point. Millions of Americans qualify to be in the military the NFL is an elite select group so again a moot point. And yeah you actually can leave your post there just will be consequences afterwards. And i guess contracts are meaningless since teams can cut you before the end of your contract and players can hold out before the end of their contracts. Welcome to the modern day professional sports.

aria

Reaction score
We get pay increases every year in the military so that a moot point. Millions of Americans qualify to be in the military the NFL is an elite select group so again a moot point. And yeah you actually can leave your post there just will be consequences afterwards. And i guess contracts are meaningless since teams can cut you before the end of your contract and players can hold out before the end of their contracts. Welcome to the modern day professional sports.
Alrighty then, so you want Zeke to hold out for a contract that you claim is worthless and can be broken anyways. Makes perfect sense, now I understand o_O

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Alrighty then, so you want Zeke to hold out for a contract that you claim is worthless and can be broken anyways. Makes perfect sense, now I understand o_O

Yep get paid as much as you can while you can. Before you end up like Hurns.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again, what’s the point if you claim the team can just back out of it and owe him nothing?

Why do you think players care more about the guaranteed money portion of their contracts? That way if they do get cut at least they are keeping that portion.

aria

Reaction score
Why do you think players care more about the guaranteed money portion of their contracts? That way if they do get cut at least they are keeping that portion.
And if the Cowboys give him the most ever guaranteed for a RB and he falls of a cliff next year, comes into camp out of shape or gets suspended then your cool with that?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Not even engaging such a stupid take.

You are being so emotional about this conversation.

No one on this forum is going to be the one that decides when he gets paid and how much, so relax.

My stupid take is that a guy that's been in the news twice for assault has to have quite the ego to sit out with two years left on his contract. To be clear, that doesn't mean I don't think he should get paid.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
What the heck man dang!!
First Dak must get his 33 million a year deal then Coop and lets run Zeke to the Ground (as its pretty evident by now that Dak cant move the offense without him) for the next 2 years and then when his body is worn out do a Murray on him....

LOL...ya seems Zeke and his Agent don't play STUPID!!!!

PAY THE MAN simply because without him our offense is GARBAGE!!!

Murray did a Murray on himself. He priced himself out the door.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I’m a veteran so spare me the soliloquy about us putting our lives on the line.
We knew what was up when we signed up for it. And there are enough ppl in America that can do the job (or a draft if not enough people want to) that we would never be compensated hugely for it. It’s capitalism simple supply and demand regardless if they’re playing a child’s game or not. So yes he should be compensated because he’s one of a handful of humans on the planet that can do his job at the level he can. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

Like Aria said, Zeke knew what was up when HE signed up for it! But did you hold out like Zeke? Or did you live up to your contract?
But now he doesn't want to live up to his end of the bargain.
That's what happens when you take a college kid and make him a multi millionaire overnight. All of a sudden, multi millions aren't enough to live out the next year or two.
The poor guy is probably living off ramen noodles already.

Last edited:

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
When will cowboy fans grow up and understand the basics of how a contract works and nit make stupid posts like one?

When?

And how is reality and the truth stupid?? Please, enlighten me, as someone who has followed the NFL and Cowboys since Eddie LeBaron.

Please . . . show me your incredible (lack of) knowledge.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Zeke is unique Murray wasn't........reality please!
Zeke is unique...........only in your mind lol . you have your "reality" others have their "reality" :flagwave:
Mr "unique" still hasnt broke Murrays cowboy records. He did tie Murray in fumbles last year though :thumbup:

HungryLion

Reaction score
And if the Cowboys give him the most ever guaranteed for a RB and he falls of a cliff next year, comes into camp out of shape or gets suspended then your cool with that?

I don’t think any fan would be cool with that aria. But anytime a team signs any player to a long term deal, with guaranteed money, they are assuming risk.

Look at the Skins with Alex Smith. They signed him to a deal with a lot of guaranteed money. He then gets hurt so badly he probably never plays again.

It’s just the way the ball bounces sometimes. It’s also the reason players want guaranteed money. Zeke could have his career ended week 1 against the giants for all we know.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is unique...........only in your mind lol . you have your "reality" others have their "reality" :flagwave:
Mr "unique" still hasnt broke Murrays cowboy records. He did tie Murray in fumbles last year though :thumbup:

If the below doesn't scream "Unique" then bud your reality is at best a Jimmy Hendrix experience.....lol...

aria

Reaction score
I don’t think any fan would be cool with that aria. But anytime a team signs any player to a long term deal, with guaranteed money, they are assuming risk.

Look at the Skins with Alex Smith. They signed him to a deal with a lot of guaranteed money. He then gets hurt so badly he probably never plays again.

It’s just the way the ball bounces sometimes. It’s also the reason players want guaranteed money. Zeke could have his career ended week 1 against the giants for all we know.
Exactly, it’s a risk and it’s a risk with a RB I wouldn’t be willing to take, especially with his off the field antics. Some people act like the only ones taking the risk are the players and you’re right, it goes both ways.