Twitter: Cowboys officially place Zeke on Reserve/Did not report list

Jipper

Reaction score
Last year of his contract. The team decided to slap on that 5th year option, Zeke didn’t ask for that. He’s in his last year as far as I’m concerned.

well that's the deal structure so frankly doesn't matter what your view is

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
well that's the deal structure so frankly doesn't matter what your view is

Yep and Zeke views it the way i (and many others) do which is why he is sitting out. And if he doesn’t get his money it will be just another wasted season in a long line of 24 and counting

aria

Reaction score
Nope. All they gotta do is wait til the guaranteed money is gone and then cut him and Zeke doesn’t get anything more. But that’s not honoring a contract is it?
Lol, and how much guaranteed money will he want? So now the 25 million they’ve already given him isn’t enough so he all of the sudden decides he isn’t going to play?

What if he goes out and gets another suspension or what if he goes downhill fast, do the Cowboys get part of that guaranteed money back?

I guess you would be cool if they give him a fat contract and then 2 years from now he decides it’s not enough and decides to sit again or do the bare minimum to get the guaranteed money?

When will it ever stop? When will enough be enough?

aria

Reaction score
Last year of his contract. The team decided to slap on that 5th year option, Zeke didn’t ask for that. He’s in his last year as far as I’m concerned.
So what? He also got paid handsomely for being the 4th overall pick and was well compensated, that’s part of how it works and happens to several other players who don’t decide to sit out 2 years before their contract is up.

Zeke is nothing but a selfish, purse carrying, diva punk.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol, and how much guaranteed money will he want? So now the 25 million they’ve already given him isn’t enough so he all of the sudden decides he isn’t going to play?

What if he goes out and gets another suspension or what if he goes downhill fast, do the Cowboys get part of that guaranteed money back?

I guess you would be cool if they give him a fat contract and then 2 years from now he decides it’s not enough and decides to sit again or do the bare minimum to get the guaranteed money?

When will it ever stop? When will enough be enough?

He’s on a rookie contract and far exceeding the rookie contract. Pay him. And actually yes if he gets suspended it does void the guaranteed money in his contract. So if he gets suspended then oh well at that point the cowboys aren’t gonna be on the hook as much as they were before.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So what? He also got paid handsomely for being the 4th overall pick and was well compensated, that’s part of how it works and happens to several other players who don’t decide to sit out 2 years before their contract is up.

Zeke is nothing but a selfish, purse carrying, diva punk.

And you’re nothing but a selfish fan who gives no flying crap about the humans playing just what they can do for your “team”.

aria

Reaction score
He’s on a rookie contract and far exceeding the rookie contract. Pay him. And actually yes if he gets suspended it does void the guaranteed money in his contract. So if he gets suspended then oh well at that point the cowboys aren’t gonna be on the hook as much as they were before.
So if he gets suspended for one game it automatically voids his entire guaranteed money?

aria

Reaction score
And you’re nothing but a selfish fan who gives no flying crap about the humans playing just what they can do for your “team”.
No, I’m a fan who doesn’t think a RB is worth that much and you’re right about not giving a flying crap about a human making millions for playing a game. A game.

You get that? A game. There are millions of people who work hard their entire lives doing much more dangerous jobs and only make a fraction of what these guys make.

I have zero sympathy for them when it comes to money and how they aren’t compensated enough. Go tell that to the crab fisherman, police officers, fire fighters, even teachers and nurses, paramedics, miners, roofers, soldiers, etc.

Buncha cry baby divas like Zeke can’t nut up and honor their contracts because “they don’t make enough”. Poor guys :rolleyes:

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
This holier than thou crap gets old. The players do whatever they can to get the most guaranteed money they can out of a contract. The teams do whatever they can to get that number as low as they can as manageable as they can. That's it.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, I’m a fan who doesn’t think a RB is worth that much and you’re right about giving a flying crap about a human making millions for playing a game. A game.

You get that? A game. There are millions of people who work hard doing jobs that are much more dangerous their entire lives and only make a fraction of what these guys make.

I have zero sympathy for them when it comes to money and how they aren’t compensated enough. Go tell that to the crab fisherman, police officers, fire fighters, even teachers and nurses, paramedics, miners, roofers, etc.

Buncha cry baby divas like Zeke can’t nut up and honor their contracts because “they don’t make enough”. Poor guys :rolleyes:

Oh well those millions of people aren’t in an elite group that can perform their jobs. Millions of people can do those jobs hence why they aren’t compensated. Gotta love capitalism. Zeke is one of a handful of humans who can do his job at his level and should be compensated as such. And again if teams don’t honor contracts why should players? Lol this is hilarious

aria

Reaction score
Oh well those millions of people aren’t in an elite group that can perform their jobs. Millions of people can do those jobs hence why they aren’t compensated. Gotta love capitalism. Zeke is one of a handful of humans who can do his job at his level and should be compensated as such. And again if teams don’t honor contracts why should players? Lol this is hilarious
Lol, “oh well”. That about sums it up, you’re a clown dude. Most people would think making several million in a few years is being we compensated.

We already addressed the contract situation or were you to busy ignoring my other questions? Answer those and then get back to me or I’ll just respond to every question you have with the same response you gave me “oh well.

Why even have contracts if no one is going to honor them? Maybe we should just have a standard performance based salary for every position league wide.

Anyways, go back and answer my questions or stop blathering.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are we sure this isn’t a Fake Rumor? LMAO
c4653bdg-fake-news-report-humor-birthday-card-daniel-collins.jpg.cf.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was the Jones’s fault, they threw around the phrase “Gurley money” when they didn’t have to say anything.

I’m confident the idea of getting “Gurley money” or better would have occurred to Zeke’s agent anyway.

aria

Reaction score
Hilarious. A soldier shouldn’t be compensated for putting their lives on the line for this country so Zeke can sit on his butt and cry about not making enough MILLIONS for playing a game.

Or a police officer shouldn’t be compensated for putting their lives on the line to protect the public.

Or a firefighter shouldn’t be compensated for putting their lives on the line to save someone’s property or life.

A teacher shouldn’t be compensated for educating the youth of our country.

But Zeke should be compensated with several million dollars for carrying a football player (when he’s not fumbling it).

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hilarious. A soldier shouldn’t be compensated for putting their lives on the line for this country so Zeke can sit on his butt and cry about not making enough MILLIONS for playing a game.

Or a police officer shouldn’t be compensated for putting their lives on the line to protect the public.

Or a firefighter shouldn’t be compensated for putting their lives on the line to save someone’s property or life.

A teacher shouldn’t be compensated for educating the youth of our country.

But Zeke should be compensated with several million dollars for carrying a football player (when he’s not fumbling it).

I’m a veteran so spare me the soliloquy about us putting our lives on the line. We knew what was up when we signed up for it. And there are enough ppl in America that can do the job (or a draft if not enough people want to) that we would never be compensated hugely for it. It’s capitalism simple supply and demand regardless if they’re playing a child’s game or not. So yes he should be compensated because he’s one of a handful of humans on the planet that can do his job at the level he can. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.