Cowboys only 6 point underdogs at NE

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Tom Brady is not the same quarterback without a doubt, but still better than most. He always has that one drive in him

Brady is not the problem....It's his offensive line. Wholly hell is it bad...I can't believe they can't find anybody better than Marshall Newhouse to play left tackle. He's a guard...faking it as a tackle. They are just tredding water until Wynn gets back...Plus....they can't rush the QB either. They miss Flowers in a big way. Brady is keeping this thing afloat w/ quick passes...and most are within 10 yards from the line of scrimmage....a lot to the RBs. Force him to go over the top...He just doesn't have many weapons he trusts beyond Edelman.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'd take the 6. I see a 23-26 type of game. Garret led teams seem to thrive in the underdog role. Plus this pats offense is not what it was even a year ago.

I see ZERO defense in this game....That Rams/Chiefs game last year.....54-51....I can see that kind of game. Or I can see us steam rolling them...like we did Philly. If we can get a lead....and force them into having to throw...I can see our DEs having field day.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brady is not the problem....It's his offensive line. Wholly hell is it bad...I can't believe they can't find anybody better than Marshall Newhouse to play left tackle. He's a guard...faking it as a tackle. They are just tredding water until Wynn gets back...Plus....they can't rush the QB either. They miss Flowers in a big way. Brady is keeping this thing afloat w/ quick passes...and most are within 10 yards from the line of scrimmage....a lot to the RBs. Force him to go over the top...He just doesn't have many weapons he trusts beyond Edelman.
I don't recall saying Brady was the problem I'm saying he's not what he once was. And there's no denying that

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dallas is more likely to win by 20 than lose by 7.

The Pats don't do one thing that this team should be scared of.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We will see just how good that Patriot defense really is. The majority of their games were against poor offenses.

Their anemic offense vs our subpar defense and our really good offense vs a supposed really good defense.....I like our chances. We just need competence from the ST’s and not turn the ball over. Oh, and come out fast, can’t play not to lose this Sunday.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
so u think that this team who couldn't beat curt cousins at home with zimmer as the head coach is going to go up to new England and beat the best head coach and qb that has ever been in the nfl with this jv coaching staff and defense okay good luck with that

Diehardblues

Reaction score
B/c Dallas is way more talented. It's either going to be close and they lose late, or Dallas beats them end-to-end.
It’s #1 defense vs #1 offense

And greatest HC/QB combo against Garrett/ Dak

Not sure how any handicapper could arrive at such an evaluation?

Perhaps I need to inquire outside the Cowboys fan base??

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It’s #1 defense vs #1 offense

And greatest HC/QB combo against Garrett/ Dak

Not sure how any handicapper could arrive at such an evaluation?

Perhaps I need to inquire outside the Cowboys fan base??
I don't care about their #1 defense. They played 1 good offense and got smoked by Baltimore. I mean seriously, here's the offenses they've played:

Pitt, Miami, Jets (2), Buffalo, Washington, NYG, Cleveland, Philly. It doesn't get any easier than that. Not to mention the fact that this is a league where even average offense beats good defense.

Tom Brady is washed and they have 0 weapons outside of Edelman.

-6 is friendly to the Pats.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't care about their #1 defense. They played 1 good offense and got smoked by Baltimore. I mean seriously, here's the offenses they've played:

Pitt, Miami, Jets (2), Buffalo, Washington, NYG, Cleveland, Philly. It doesn't get any easier than that. Not to mention the fact that this is a league where even average offense beats good defense.

Tom Brady is washed and they have 0 weapons outside of Edelman.

-6 is friendly to the Pats.
That’s basically a similar argument you can make about our offense.

Obviously you need a history lesson about great defenses holding their own against great offenses.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That’s basically a similar argument you can make about our offense.

Obviously you need a history lesson about great defenses holding their own against great offenses.
No you can't, because the Cowboys offense did whatever they wanted against Philly and Minny.

History doesn't matter. Today's defenses have no chance against good offenses who don't shoot themselves in the foot.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No you can't, because the Cowboys offense did whatever they wanted against Philly and Minny.

History doesn't matter. Today's defenses have no chance against good offenses who don't shoot themselves in the foot.
Of course it matters. Believe what you will.

And Cowboys didn’t do what they wanted against Vikings and why their running game was stuffed, got off to a slow start and ultimately came up short.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Of course it matters. Believe what you will.

And Cowboys didn’t do what they wanted against Vikings and why their running game was stuffed, got off to a slow start and ultimately came up short.
No it doesn't. There is not a defense in the league that can stop potent offenses. It does not happen in today's NFL. There's no lessons to be learned from games 10, 20, 30 years ago.

Right, they ran into disadvantageous fronts and ignored the passing game, which is my point. When an offense doesn't beat itself, the defense can't stop it.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Give me the points...I got Dallas winning this straight up. New England can't pass protect...and if we are smart..we are jumping routes all day...in man coverage. Quinn has got to be licking his lips...Marshall Newhouse @ left tackle.

Jumping routes? Lmao. Have you seen this defense play? They never have any idea where the ball is in the air. They give up the underneath constantly and this is what Brady loves. Bill and Brady will have a field day with this simplistic, junk defense. They actually know how to scheme and adjust. Although you never have to adjust to this defense. It's the same the whole game. Single high safety. Nothing fancy. You know exactly where every player will be and it never changes. We made Driskell look really good and we made Sam Darnold look like an all pro.