Twitter: Cowboys path to Super Bowl 6

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Super Bowl 6 was played in 1972.
We won against the Dolphins
What a team, they won 10 in a row including super bowl, after Coach Landry finally figured out Roger was pretty good.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Hey Jake, the least you could have done was give me a picture of Adrienne Barbeau in Fantasy Island. Loved that show as a kid. Hated the Love Boat.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many pages until the Jim Carey quote pops up?

I think most fans realize there's little chance the Cowboys make it to the Super Bowl this year given all of the injuries and bad defense, but as I have said many times, even back when the Cowboys only had 2 wins and had lost several games in a row, I will enjoy any games they win up until the next time they play.

The season will end at some point and that may even be next Sunday, but given how 2020 has gone for the world and for the Cowboys, I will enjoy the journey regardless of the outcome.

When it is over, I will look forward to free agency, the draft, OTAs, a real training camp and next season.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Probably beat the Bucs? Is this a serious post?:muttley:

Brady, Gronk, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Antonio Brown vs the Cowboys defense. Then there's going against their defense.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys haven't beaten a team with a winning record all season.
We will get beaten like a drum

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
......in Cincinnati. Thats not saying much.

Dalton had a top 10 defense backing him in all 4 playoff games and AJ Green at WR. He sucked. He scored 13 or less points in every game - 6 picks and 1 TD.

Either you have no clue what you're talking about and are just using "Cincinnati" as some sort of basis or you ignore facts that don't suit you. :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Eli says, Hi.......

Eli? Comparing this team to the Giants SB winners? The Cowboys are 6-9 with all wins coming against losing teams.

Man, the Kool Aid is really flowing here these days. If the Cowboys actually squeak in we'll have blowout win predictions vs the Bucs, followed by the predictable meltdown when the opposite happens. I just hope the site doesn't crash.

The wins have been nice but this a losing team from a bad division, that has only beaten bad teams. Temper expectations accordingly.

Flamma

Reaction score
Path for the giants 3rd super bowl.

Beat the Bucs in Tampa.
Then the 13-3 Cowboys in Dallas
Then the 13-3 Packers in green bay.
Then the 16-0 Patriots in the Super Bowl.

kskboys

Reaction score
Path for the giants 3rd super bowl.

Beat the Bucs in Tampa.
Then the 13-3 Cowboys in Dallas
Then the 13-3 Packers in green bay.
Then the 16-0 Patriots in the Super Bowl.
Giants had one of the best DLines ever assembled

Red Dragon

Reaction score
If Dalton can win his first-ever career playoff game, that's all the gravy this season needs.

My No. 2 wish is that Buffalo will win the Lombardi.

Red Dragon

Reaction score

Yeah, as much as I hate the Giants, they were the only NFC team who could have stopped New England that year. Neither the Pack nor Cowboys had the sort of pass rush it took. A strong pass rush was the Patriots' Kryptonite.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So first of all, they just assume that every game will go by seed? The Packers got smoked by the Bucs not too long ago. The Giants just beat Seattle. That is why the games have to be played. So just like we have to win our game, so do the others. You saying Rams can't beat New Orleans or Seahawks?

Second thing is, Dalton has never had the skill position talent around him like he does now. Yes he had AJ Green, but I am not convinced he is better than Cooper, and he never had guys like Gallup and Lamb as his #2 and #3 receivers. Schultz isn't a slouch at TE, and then you add in Zeke and Pollard. That group is a QBs dream. Dalton had to be the guy in Cincy so he pressed and took chances. If he can just be a bus driver, get the ball in the hands of the playmakers...then Dallas can score some points. Tampa Bay is an ok running team but they live and die with Brady. If we can pressure him we might be able to cause some mistakes.

I'm not saying we beat them, but I don't think it is the complete mismatch some people do.

With all that has happened this year, the injuries...just to make it to the playoffs is an accomplishment.

Flamma

Reaction score

They had a really good offensive line too. All three of their running backs looked great whenever they touched the ball. Still, I don't know of a tougher path to the Super Bowl than what they did. Either way, it still only counts as 1 ring.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Need defensive overall in the worst way !
Cant deny this defense is trending upwards with take aways,, turnovers turn games over, and mask a lot of major holes on defense.
If this defense can keep that element trending, than this team has a shot.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's cute how you thought that was clever. :muttley:

Dak in playoffs: 3 games, 64% completions, 77 points (25.7 pg), 5 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 win, lost a game where he put up 31 points

Dalton in playoffs: 4 games, 55% completions, 43 points (10.7 pg), 1 TD, 6 INTs, 0 wins, never put up more than 13 points

Dalton has been garbage in the playoffs, and against good teams this season. If only we could play the Eagles and Bengals in the playoffs. :rolleyes:
He is just shaking that rust off.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hey Jake, the least you could have done was give me a picture of Adrienne Barbeau in Fantasy Island. Loved that show as a kid. Hated the Love Boat.
Tattoo was pretty cool too.
Can you imagine if Jerry had is very own Tattoo... "Jerry, Ze plane Jerry, Jerry Ze plane
The defense is finally landing .. Ze plane boss.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dalton had a top 10 defense backing him in all 4 playoff games and AJ Green at WR. He sucked. He scored 13 or less points in every game - 6 picks and 1 TD.

Either you have no clue what you're talking about and are just using "Cincinnati" as some sort of basis or you ignore facts that don't suit you. :rolleyes:
You’re giving him too much credit. The game they scored 13 points, 7 came from the defense. Dalton’s offense kicked in 6.

Reactions: G2