News: Cowboys placed exclusive franchise tag on Prescott

fivetwos

Reaction score

Hello darkness, my old friend....

All respect, seriously...and I realize you cant stand #4, but what would you have done as an overall plan if you were able to have taken over before this latest news?

Let him walk? Resolve to sucking for the next few years in an attempt to land a franchise type guy while the rest of the roster ages?

Not arguing on 4s behalf, just asking what youd have done if your old man bought the team, which is of course the qualifier to run an NFL team.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
With Cousins extension he ends up with $150M for 5 years. You know Dak's agent is looking at that and wants more.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
All respect, seriously...and I realize you cant stand #4, but what would you have done as an overall plan if you were able to have taken over before this latest news?

Let him walk? Resolve to sucking for the next few years in an attempt to land a franchise type guy while the rest of the roster ages?

Not arguing on 4s behalf, just asking what youd have done if your old man bought the team, which is of course the qualifier to run an NFL team.
Your post is of a scary individual. How do you know for certain we would stink without Dak like we don’t have a draft and free agency to improve? You talking like Dak some Mahommes type but if he was he wouldn’t have been tagged. How often do those QBs get tagged? Too many of you scary dudes on this site

fivetwos

Reaction score
On NFLN they have graphics that show wins vs losses, td to int ratio, and passing yards.

Wow those stats sure are convenient.

Dallas played HOW many teams last year that weren't even TRYING to win?

The only decent team that was still half way trying that they beat last year was the Rams, and of course, eleven months prior, on the road, when it seriously mattered, well...we all know what happened.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why would he sign now? Everyone can bid on him soon.
How is "everyone" going to bid on Dak? He has had the exclusive tag placed on him. That means no tampering with Dak. It does not matter if he signs the tag. Signing the tag just gets him paid, Dallas still retains his exclusive rights for another season.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
All signs point to Dak winning this negotiation and the Cowboys suffering for many years because of it.

This could've been handled and done last summer. Philly got ahead of the race and signed Wentz to what will be seen as a bargain in a year. But no, let's dig in and play hardball and create an acrimonious situation with a QB we'll eventually sign anyway. Now the QB & agent have you bent over a barrel.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I don't think people get that signing him to the non-exclusive tag would be seen as a huge "[censored] you!" to the the player by everybody league-wide. I know the more extreme rabid Dak haters here would love that, but that was never in the cards. I'm not sure even Belichick would have done that as a negotiating tactic with a young QB.

Plus you realize the cost of the 1 year exclusive tag is less than basically any of his current offers, right? Also he can be traded by the Cowboys just fine under the exclusive tag. It's just 100% on their terms.

I also don't get the "logic" of the more extreme Dak haters that he's both a) obviously a trash player and b) everyone will be eager to give up two 1st rounders for him. Those two things... don't go together.

To be honest I think it's a perfectly good outcome if there is no deal, and Dak plays out his first season with McCarthy under the tag. He either proves he's the guy or he doesn't.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
How is "everyone" going to bid on Dak? He has had the exclusive tag placed on him. That means no tampering with Dak. It does not matter if he signs the tag. Signing the tag just gets him paid, Dallas still retains his exclusive rights for another season.
This was regarding Cooper my man.