News: Cowboys placed exclusive franchise tag on Prescott

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Well, pretty much writing on the wall unfortunately. I would have preferred to see the team tag him with a none exclusive tag but whatever.

Agree but I think they were waiting for the new CBA to strike a deal and then got stuck with only one tag. Live and learn Jer

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak is not signed by the time FA starts, does this hurt the team, does it hold up negotiations on other FA's?

I know they really have until Wednesday if some team comes along and makes offers to Cooper, Quinn, others, but does this trickle down and effect other negotiations?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
maybe because he’s not viewed as a franchise QB by a lot of people.....including the Jones apparently....

Makes a ton of sense as they'll eventually sign him 35+ million/yr. The Jones clowns just botched it, royally. Plain and simple.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

what is the benefit of that? If you’re not a franchise trying to compete for superbowls then What’s even the point?

So you go sign Rivers, he throws 25 interceptions and you go 6-10? Is that the plan?

JBS

Reaction score
It's embarrassing that people in here legitimately think the exclusive vs non exclusive tag argument for dak comes down to another team giving up 2 firsts for him...get a clue people

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Dak is not signed by the time FA starts, does this hurt the team, does it hold up negotiations on other FA's?

I know they really have until Wednesday if some team comes along and makes offers to Cooper, Quinn, others, but does this trickle down and effect other negotiations?
What does the start of FA have to do with it? Dak isn't going anywhere, he's been tagged. They can only use one tag.

superonyx

Reaction score
maybe because he’s not viewed as a franchise QB by a lot of people.....including the Jones apparently....
Wait... becuase they placed a "FRACHISE" tag on him this is proof he isnt viewed as a franchise player?

Not making sense today my man.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
what if dak refuses to sign the tag? Can he do that?

Yes, he’s not under contract, so he’s free to do anything he wants until he decides to sign it. They can’t make him show up for anything because he’s not their employee anymore