Twitter: Cowboys plan: Place Lawrence on IR, sign Carl Lawson from P-Squad and bring in players for workout

Rayman70

Reaction score
They have to set up these appointments they just can't steal a guy over practice squad they have to talk to his agent they have to see if he has some interest and then they have to set up where he can fly in and have a physical and do a workout and this does not happen overnight I mean they don't even hire people at McDonald's this fast you didn't realize you guys are insane that you think you could just let's go get a guy that fast they literally have a process they have to go through to bring in free agents you don't sign guys the news could have blown their knee out playing basketball or pick up sports somewhere why they been a free agent or been out there you have to have a workout in a physical but you first have to be in a conversation to get them on a plane and get them here they're not just sitting in our backyard waiting that's why...
you are correct. Why do other clubs act on player issue's quicker than we do? If each front office must set these things up in advance(your right about this), why can't we do these things with more urgency? What is hamstringing us? Our front office thinking? Arrogance? We like our guys? Or is it just Jerry and Stevie organically allowing the wheels to fall off? Thus, "all in?" I am starting to think Mike Fisher got it right last off season when he said the Joneses are all in... but all in on blowing it up.

Creeper

Reaction score
There is no plan for losing your top 3 pass rushers. The plan if to find anyone who can suit up and ask the rest of the defense, and offense to step up.

"Depth is great, until you have to use it." - George Young, Giants General Manager 1979-1995

blueblood70

Reaction score
There is no plan for losing your top 3 pass rushers. The plan if to find anyone who can suit up and ask the rest of the defense, and offense to step up.

"Depth is great, until you have to use it." - George Young, Giants General Manager 1979-1995
:hammer: :popcorn:

zekecowboy

Reaction score
"Act quicker " in what way do you not know they haven't been on the phone and emails and facetiming agents and talking since Thursday>???

how do you know how do all you do this because you sit up there you have a spy at the start I mean you have them bugged?

YOU DO NOT!! Isn't there an off chance some of these players decided to wanna stay on the practice squad save the Ravens because they prefer to be there and instead of leaving for maybe a three-week job and then back on the street again I mean do you not think that maybe they contacted 7 different agents and players and right now they're not getting a lot of interest or maybe the people are pricing themselves out of the market and maybe that's why they're sitting a lot like Hassan Reddick whoever one says go get really go get for what $25 million or $30 million I mean there's a reason that two teams now have not paid him but everyone thinks the Cowboys should go give him a draft pick and get some knucklehead that is holding out for more money that maybe is more than he's worth maybe he's a lot like Robert Quinn and teams see it and they don't think he's worth that kind of money....

but you blame the front office and maybe they are wrong maybe they are slow but I'm also telling you maybe you don't know that they are trying behind the scenes because in fact your ego maniacal fan base that think they should be involved in every decision and know about it in real time are not entitled to be updated...

The Internet in real time social media has got some of you fans thinking you're involved in this team somehow and the decisions and that you know everything that's going on or you would like to know everything and since you don't know what's going on you think nothing's going on behind the scenes and I think that's insane you guys are insane I'm sure they're doing what they can behind the scenes and they're not entitled to report to you so why don't you sit back and wait for the game because between contract talks and being everything being questioned as if you guys have ran a $10 billion NFL team before it gets old listening to the whining..
re:
The Internet in real time social media has got some of you fans thinking you're involved in this team somehow and the decisions and that you know everything that's going on
COME ON MAN, fans do not have any input on what Dallas is planning to do IF they are planning to even do anything.

Rayman70

Reaction score
re:

COME ON MAN, fans do not have any input on what Dallas is planning to do IF they are planning to even do anything.
Exactly. I think he needs to try some decaf. Lord have mercy. All I know is the front office is reactionary not proactive. If that statement sets him off on a bizarre tangent, I can't help him. But it's true.

blueblood70

Reaction score
re:

I'm just saying that fans making claims that they're slow to start the process or always behind have no idea if they're on the phone to computer or FaceTime trying to work with deals and getting people in but hey they're not alerted and updated in real time I think they all wanna be texted and they wanna know what's going on at the start they think they own the team they think they have stock in the team and they have the self entitled elitist attitude as if they are owed something by the front office and they're not nobody knows what they're doing behind closed doors you know that when they pick their telephone up and they make calls they don't alert the fan base they don't alert the media the media only gets to know what they allow them to know and then you only get to know what the media feels they want you to know you're not in the loop that's all I'm saying fact that you think they're doing nothing when I know they probably are trying something but it will never be good enough for this fan base unless we went out and traded for TJ Watt that'd be great right get him off the team we're about to play I bet they would trade him right now right I mean teams right now are all in it and somehow the fan base thinks we should call all 32 teams to see if they'll trade their best pass rusher when we all know 99% of them are gonna say no we're not in trade talks at this time because we're actually in an FL season so early and so lumped together that they're not gonna allow their best players to be poached off their team yet that might be 4 weeks from now but that is not right now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
"Act quicker " in what way do you not know they haven't been on the phone and emails and facetiming agents and talking since Thursday>???

how do you know how do all you do this because you sit up there you have a spy at the start I mean you have them bugged?

YOU DO NOT!! Isn't there an off chance some of these players decided to wanna stay on the practice squad save the Ravens because they prefer to be there and instead of leaving for maybe a three-week job and then back on the street again I mean do you not think that maybe they contacted 7 different agents and players and right now they're not getting a lot of interest or maybe the people are pricing themselves out of the market and maybe that's why they're sitting a lot like Hassan Reddick whoever one says go get really go get for what $25 million or $30 million I mean there's a reason that two teams now have not paid him but everyone thinks the Cowboys should go give him a draft pick and get some knucklehead that is holding out for more money that maybe is more than he's worth maybe he's a lot like Robert Quinn and teams see it and they don't think he's worth that kind of money....

but you blame the front office and maybe they are wrong maybe they are slow but I'm also telling you maybe you don't know that they are trying behind the scenes because in fact your ego maniacal fan base that think they should be involved in every decision and know about it in real time are not entitled to be updated...

The Internet in real time social media has got some of you fans thinking you're involved in this team somehow and the decisions and that you know everything that's going on or you would like to know everything and since you don't know what's going on you think nothing's going on behind the scenes and I think that's insane you guys are insane I'm sure they're doing what they can behind the scenes and they're not entitled to report to you so why don't you sit back and wait for the game because between contract talks and being everything being questioned as if you guys have ran a $10 billion NFL team before it gets old listening to the whining..
You keep assuming way too much. Hit the showers or something.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fans are owed something. Equal results for the cost of attending games,buying merch. It's not entitlement by the fans one bit. It's called expectations that need to be met . The last 30 years, we have fell short.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You keep assuming way too much. Hit the showers or something.
I read all these posts I read every post on anything related to the terms of the Cowboys doing anything to maybe make their team better with all the missing players especially a pass rusher and I find them rather ridiculous so i'm gonna make ridiculous responses to all them.. See how it goes hand in hand you all mock and make assumptions on what is or isn't going on at the start and then you comment as if they don't care at all which is not true you can say that all you want and then we have to hear about 75 whining posts about Jerry and Steven that's already been sent a billion times so then I'm gonna come on here and make sure I annoy you all as well but thank you very much I hope that someday you can get $10 billion together get on a list wait till there's an NFL team that's for sale and let us see how you can run it 'cause at this point it's ridiculous that all the experts we have here you're wasting your talents behind their keyboard as fake Internet owners and GMs player personnel experts in here are precious the X&O experts from behind their desks are just precious it's awesome you guys are wasting your talents and whatever jobs you're at you should be on NFL teams but you're not...

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying you all called an opinion I did not come on here and make claims and special new threads started saying that the front office and the ownership are the greatest thing since sliced bread and they're doing everything they can to make this team great I don't make claims that can be refuted or rebutted however you all make claims are doing nothing and that they suck when they don't really actually suck they're just not one of the top five front offices but they've done enough to keep this team more than relevant like top 6IN regular season wins you are making claims as if it's reality if it's that you have some kind of proof that they're not doing anything and that's why it looks slow to you you make claims that aren't true that's not an opinion you're saying that you feel like they've done nothing yet you're not up there listening to their phone calls watching their emails you don't know what's going on up there but you make sure you take the time to come on your complain that they're doing nothing when in fact that's not the truth no one knows what's going on but you take the special time out of your day the last know that we have an inept front office nothing before this game coming up o....lp with the players we lost last week.

You don't know this that's why I don't come out here and claim they're great 'cause I don't think they are but I also don't think they're the worst front office in the history of football like lot of people have said in here because you can't build a team that's competitive and that's been in the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years that's won the division two and the last three there's another top 6IN regular season win percentage that's hard to do I know they could be better I know they're not one of the top front offices but they're also nowhere near the bottom and I wouldn't even call them average they're slightly above average could they be more short but there are so many teams I mean look at the Cleveland Browns they haven't even won a division since 1986 everyone around here cries because we go to the playoffs so often but always get booted too early and I get it pretty frustrating but to claim they suck and to use all these words like they're the worst ever it's just not true and that is an opinion but having an opinion that they're doing nothing is not an opinion you're just using your time to complain you believe they're not doing anything even though you have 0 proof of that..
Calm down or please stop . You're ruining the vibe. Thanks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Calm down or please stop . You're ruining the vibe. Thanks.
There is no vibe put this like what this year started so great and I'm killing it I mean we're talking about all these guys going to IR hurt we're about to hit our tough stretch of the year playing Pittsburgh and the lions in San Francisco the mood in here is typically bad all the time it's doom and gloom it's pretty dark so I don't see how my rants can hurt a vibe what vibe have you guys complaining about the front office or about the team or about players not acting the way you want them to act this is a sport we should all lighten up we should really stop talking about contracts stop talking about this mess about the front office and just debate games be mad about the play calling when it happens if it's bad we could discuss it if we had a bad game or a player had a bad game this is what typically forums and sports were all about now everything's about analytics breaking down nonsense and rankings and just demeaning and putting down the front office and talking about contracts and salary caps it's all nonsense we're here to watch football and then debate the games good bad or indifferent we wanna talk about the season the things that we can can actually see with our eyes and then have a debate about it I like those threads we talk about them like Mike McCarthy needs to get the play calling under control he needs to open up the offense Mike Zimmer needs to get this stuff fixed somehow even short handed I mean we weren't playing that great with those guys so maybe some of these feelings will play extra motivated maybe the team will rally that's the things we should talk about not how this is done and the seasons over..

Am I missing something that's been the vibe since the Green Bay playoff loss and it hasn't let up.. So a person like me who comes in here trying to share my fandom and my passion for the Dallas Cowboys it gets stomped on so sometimes i'm gonna have to react in kind..

starfan1

Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but i wouldn't mind seeing what Wheat has to offer. He was flying around in PS. Of course so was Booth and he sucked bad.

Sully

Reaction score

Attention Cowboys Shoppers, the franchise has a BLUE LIGHT Special on undrafted players. We continue this special from all off-season.
And if you hurry now, we will throw in some Jerry Jones' slogans, to better sell the pyrite being offered.

chagus

Reaction score
I'd try Overshown at rushing the passer like they did Micah a few years ago and still trade for a big, run-stopping DT and pray Mazi continues to play like he did against NY. Kneeland is good at stopping the run so they just need to figure out how to generate some pass rush. I know we need Overshown at LB but at least they are deep enough there to let him get some snaps rushing. Definitely will have to bring some more safety blitzes and things like that. Not sure what to do if Micah misses Pittsburg, but hey, with Fields maybe we are better off playing to stop the run anyway.
Leave Overshown where he is excelling. No need to create a need to fill a need.