Cowboys Plan to Re-Sign Trey Lance

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean what is he even worth? He couldn't beat out Sam Darnold......a 3 year million dollar deal? What is this guy worth?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well if we traded draft picks not ro resign him that would be pretty stupid.
giving a 4th for him was stupid, the eagles just gave a 5 and 6 for a all pro db.
but your right once you trade for and sign him initially your stuck with him .

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Uh could we maybe see him play first? My thought is one of the best offensive minds in the league walked away from him so call me a skeptic.
Why do you need to see him play. You’re not the one resigning him.

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
Uh could we maybe see him play first? My thought is one of the best offensive minds in the league walked away from him so call me a skeptic.
They just happened to find gold on the bench in Purdy. There was also a war brewing from 49er fans some wanted Purdy some wanted Lance so to avoid that they just traded Lance since they were clearly going with Purdy.

I consider Trey Lance unproven as he has only thrown 131 NFL passes. He might very well be a bust, but it's too soon to determine that.

rags747

Reaction score
8 Years of Dak, at this point I’m willing to make next training camp an open battle for A#1 QB. Dak does not deserve a $47m contract at this point, rather totally roll the dice with someone new.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
They absolutely should.

Then they should draft a QB every single year. In fact I would put roger a package of picks and try to move up in what is a very good QB draft.

No stone should be left unturned - of course the move Jerry will make is to extend Dak.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was the consensus of fans on here about Lance coming out in the draft. I bet many thought he was a good prospect. And when SF traded to get him 3rd overall. Many thought, why don’t Jerry do stuff like that.

Now it seems many and probably the same ones think he is a bum, or wait to see him play crowd.
He did not have enough playing time in SF to know….and no, the eye test does not count.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Hes 100% going to replace Dak and could be as early as next year

i fully expect him to start in 2025 though..no nfc title or sb then Dak is gone
If this was the case they would simply take the fifth year option (2025) in Lance's deal and pay him like the starting QB you think he will be. And they aren't doing that.

I have a feeling this forum is going to explode when the Cowboys extend Dak again. Because- if only for cap relief- they have no alternative.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What was the consensus of fans on here about Lance coming out in the draft. I bet many thought he was a good prospect. And when SF traded to get him 3rd overall. Many thought, why don’t Jerry do stuff like that.

Now it seems many and probably the same ones think he is a bum, or wait to see him play crowd.
He did not have enough playing time in SF to know….and no, the eye test does not count.
According to the article in the OP, the Cowboys had a second round grade on Lance in 2021. So we know where they stood on him.

I thought Lance was an excellent athlete but I was surprised the 49ers gave up so much to draft a kid with only 19 college starts at a lower level of competition.