Cowboys Players you look want to see most in Steelers game

Motorola

Reaction score
Want to see the coaches put in all the lower-tiered players among the 93 in Oxnard.

· Seldom used \non-active reserves from the 53
· Practice Squad holdovers from the 2020 season
· Newly signed players under all categories - futures, lower round draft picks, UDFAs, TC invites off the street
McCarthy & staff should use this exhibition game to possibly find diamonds-in-the-rough \ hidden gems.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What player(s) ,..what position(s) will you be most interested to watch in the Hall of Fame Game vs Steelers this coming Thursday Night ?

- Backup QB situation ?

- Offensive movement and scoring ?

- DL pass rush ? (Gregory, Basham, Gallimore, Osa)

- Run defense ?

- OL Steele, Wiliams at center or J. Ball ?

WR battle - Simi vs Noah, Wilson ?

I want to see the starters. On offense, it's primarily the replacement guys. Can Gilbert shine in the starting role enough to make us feel good about him being the top backup? Assuming Tyron won't play because of his elbow issue, can Nysekhe show he's not the kind of drop-off we had last year? Same for whoever plays in place of Martin, either Knight or McGovern. I want to see the line hold up well, even though it's likely Pittsburgh won't have all of their starters out there on defense.

I want to see how the receivers do without Cooper. It gives Lamb the chance to be the lead dog and players like Wilson, Brown and Turner the opportunity to show they can be effective as third receivers? I want to see who shows up among the tight ends to maybe seize that lead role? If we're going to keep a fullback (which I'm not sure will happen), I want to see if we have one worth keeping in Olonilua and Ralston.

That's my focus on offense. There are some backups and young players I want to see, but not to the same degree.

gimmesix

Reaction score
What player(s) ,..what position(s) will you be most interested to watch in the Hall of Fame Game vs Steelers this coming Thursday Night ?

- Backup QB situation ?

- Run defense ?

Defensively, there's a whole lot since we're installing a new scheme. I'd expect to see all of our starters out there early except Lawrence. Where will the pressure come from and will it be consistent? Who's going to hold up on the line against the run? Who's going to step up as the No. 2 corner? I'm going to be very interested in who is out there on each down, especially if we use the 3-4 front against the run.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Ju

- Backup QB situation ?

- Run defense ?

Most wanna see some DL who look like they can eat up some blocks in the middle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

- Backup QB situation ?

- Run defense ?

Joseph, gallimore

JBond

Reaction score

- Backup QB situation ?

- Run defense ?

Parsons and the fat DT we drafted. I can't wait to watch Parsons blow up some guys. Really want to see the DT win more than he loses against 2nd and 3rd team players. Also curious about all the 2nd year players, especially both lines.

quickccc

Reaction score
Parsons and the fat DT we drafted. I can't wait to watch Parsons blow up some guys. Really want to see the DT win more than he loses against 2nd and 3rd team players. Also curious about all the 2nd year players, especially both lines.

i wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys made it vanilla and basic for Parson in preseason, (tackling- coverage) before really unleashing blitz packages for him once the regular season starts . ..

quickccc

Reaction score
Defensively, there's a whole lot since we're installing a new scheme. I'd expect to see all of our starters out there early except Lawrence.
Where will the pressure come from and will it be consistent? Who's going to hold up on the line against the run? Who's going to step up as the No. 2 corner? I'm going to be very interested in who is out there on each down, especially if we use the 3-4 front against the run.

interesting. Although Dak has already been ruled out vs Steelers.
I've always believed that at least the first preseason game, i wanna see majority of backups/reserves,.. rookies- the early rounders, the backup QBs and especially the mid-later rounds, undrafted guys
That's really the best time, perfect time for them to not only get significant playing time and reps, but perfect time to emerge as potential pleasant surprises.

gimmesix

Reaction score
interesting. Although Dak has already been ruled out vs Steelers.
I've always believed that at least the first preseason game, i wanna see majority of backups/reserves,.. rookies- the early rounders, the backup QBs and especially the mid-later rounds, undrafted guys
That's really the best time, perfect time for them to not only get significant playing time and reps, but perfect time to emerge as potential pleasant surprises.

Defensively.

I won't be surprised to see a lot of starters sit on offense because we're essentially returning the same offense. On defense, the starters need every opportunity to work together in the new scheme.