Cowboys practically clinch playoffs

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With 3 games up and 4 to play. Division is over.

We’d have to lose out and Wash or Phil win out which one of them won’t playing each other Sunday.

If we beat NY Sunday that all but locks it up. If we aren’t in the home field race we should consider resting some key stars for the playoffs.

It’s not going to matter where we play in playoffs if we aren’t healthy.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wouldnt talk about resting just yet. Still an outside chance for the #1 seed, more importantly I would like to stay away from the #4 seed. Worst case you can probably use week 18 as your bye week for guys who are beat up. I'd wait and see how that plays out though.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Uhoh. He wants to be safe and smart like in 2016.

I'd rather use those games to get the team right and go into the postseason with some momentum rather than being spineless and scared about injuries.
Momentum won’t help if we don’t have our key stars.

I’d rest Smith on OL and Zeke bare minimum . If they aren’t healthy for playoffs we aren’t going far.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Division is already clinched. Neither Philly or Washington are winning out. Dak needs to play until he works it out.

If we win our next 3, there’s a good shot the game in Philly will matter for playoff seeding. If we get locked into the 4 seed before the Philly game, we’ll treat that week as a bye for our banged up guys.

Loso86

Reaction score

We’d have to lose out and Wash or Phil win out which one of them won’t playing each other Sunday.

If we beat NY Sunday that all but locks it up. If we aren’t in the home field race we should consider resting some key stars for the playoffs.

Except if you rest guys up and end up going into the playoffs with a losing record, it doesn't bold well man

Aven8

Reaction score
I say win out at all cost and see what happens. Beating Zona will go a long way in confidence. No one is going to want to play SF IMO and we don’t want another game against one of our division foes either folks.

gmb1

Reaction score
I suck at math but I wonder if we would've clinched with the win yesterday with the old 16 game schedule?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re ok with being in playoffs without Smith and Zeke healthy?

I'm okay with being a man preparing your team for the postseason and taking your best swing at it. Rather than being a soy boy shutting everyone down and watching your team come out flat in the playoffs and eliminate yourself like in 2016.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Weirder things have happened. If we run the table, the Cowboys will against everyone but Tampa.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm okay with being a man preparing your team for the postseason and taking your best swing at it. Rather than being a soy boy shutting everyone down and watching your team come out flat in the playoffs and eliminate yourself like in 2016.
I didn’t say shut everyone down just those hurting the most.

Surely we can beat NY, Wash and Phil without a couple key stars.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I say win out at all cost and see what happens. Beating Zona will go a long way in confidence. No one is going to want to play SF IMO and we don’t want another game against one of our division foes either folks.

I would absolutely welcome a game against an NFC East opponent. That is about as close as you can get to a bye without actually having the bye. I would much rather play any of them than San Fran, LA, etc.

JBS

Reaction score
Uhoh. He wants to be safe and smart like in 2016.

I'd rather use those games to get the team right and go into the postseason with some momentum rather than being spineless and scared about injuries.

get what right? Team is on a 2 game win streak. They’re firing on all cylinders

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Weirder things have happened. If we run the table, the Cowboys will against everyone but Tampa.
Tampa would have to lose 2 games for us to over take them In seedlings. Not likely with their remaining schedule.

Aven8

Reaction score
I would absolutely welcome a game against an NFC East opponent. That is about as close as you can get to a bye without actually having the bye. I would much rather play any of them than San Fran, LA, etc.

I want no part of it. Philly has awesome Dline and Oline’s. The QB sucks but you never know when you play a team three times and if Philly gets in, which I think they will, would play us back to back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We could probably beat NY without several key stars.

And Wash could be playing with their 3rd string QB next week.

Now if we’re still in a position to win a higher seed when we play AZ then I’d bring them back.