Twitter: Cowboys Practice Tweets 8/11/21

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In case any of you wondered how things will be when Stephen Jones takes over as the GM...this quote should put all questions to bed. “We’ve got 65 guys who could make our (53-man roster) right now. That’s rare. It’s a very competitive camp.”

He is definitely Jerry's son and learned from the master. This team is gonna be in good hands ladies and gents. Rest easy and enjoy the ride!

I seen that about the 65. That is really pushing it.
To get to 60 is a big stretch. Getting to 53 will be tough. But I say there will be 4 very tough choices. So 57 is that number.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I cant' see anyway they keep both Goodwin and Canady.

Anthony Brown
J Lewis
T Diggs
K Jospeh
Nashon Wright
Canady
Goodwin

That means we cut Kyron Brown, Deante Burton, Isreal Mukuamu, Reggie Robinson

That would be 7 CBs... have they ever kept 7 CB.. maybe they go light at Safety or only keep 4 WR.

Safeties: Kazee, Wilson, Hooker, Kearse.. maybe Hooker will start on IR but keeping more than 10 DB would be hard to do IMO.. it's a good problem to have but I would pick one of Goodwin and Canady and cut the other. Canady has been balling this camp though..

Goodwin is not part of the number for CB depth they are going to keep. This was explained by Helman.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Goodwin is not part of the number for CB depth they are going to keep. This was explained by Helman.

Doesn't matter where you list him, CB, QB, TE, he still has to be counted and by keeping him, we don't keep someone else.. That's the point. So it really becomes CJ Goodwin Or Canady in place of the 10th OL, the 4th TE, the FB, or the 5th WR. I still wouldn't keep both Goodwin and Canady, I would select 1 and move on.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
If Brown was a solid #2 CB we wouldn’t be discussing getting rid of him. He would be one of our 6 CBs.

I don't think the team is discussing it, only the fans. But I do think they would be open to a trade if something came up but I do not under any circumstances think he is at any risk to be just cut, because he is a decent #2 CB.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Doesn't matter where you list him, CB, QB, TE, he still has to be counted and by keeping him, we don't keep someone else.. That's the point. So it really becomes CJ Goodwin Or Canady in place of the 10th OL, the 4th TE, the FB, or the 5th WR. I still wouldn't keep both Goodwin and Canady, I would select 1 and move on.

I agree,, but we have to be objective and look at it the way the team looks at it. Word is they keeping 7CB to include ST.

Diggs
Brown
Lewis
Joseph
Wright
Goodwin
Canaday

I think it will shake out like this

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I don't think the team is discussing it, only the fans. But I do think they would be open to a trade if something came up but I do not under any circumstances think he is at any risk to be just cut, because he is a decent #2 CB.

I agree. All anyone has to do is "Follow the Money"

chagus

Reaction score
i'd wonder if they (Denver) are still that much snake-bitten from the colossial failed bust pick of Paxton Lynch in the first round several years back.

Ironically the same QB we the Cowboys were so infatuated with enuff to try to trade up to get...and missed out

(whew) ..we're so lucky to have dodge a bullet in Lynch, and still also fortunately came with Dak. in same draft class year. :cool:

Its insane how far Paxton has fallen. He's a 3rd string QB in the Canadian league making like 200 bucks a game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In case any of you wondered how things will be when Stephen Jones takes over as the GM...this quote should put all questions to bed. “We’ve got 65 guys who could make our (53-man roster) right now. That’s rare. It’s a very competitive camp.”

He is definitely Jerry's son and learned from the master. This team is gonna be in good hands ladies and gents. Rest easy and enjoy the ride!

He just wants to make clear what a great job they're doing with personnel.

If it doesn't work yet again this year it's not their fault!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I cant' see anyway they keep both Goodwin and Canady.

Anthony Brown
J Lewis
T Diggs
K Jospeh
Nashon Wright
Canady
Goodwin

That means we cut Kyron Brown, Deante Burton, Isreal Mukuamu, Reggie Robinson

That would be 7 CBs... have they ever kept 7 CB.. maybe they go light at Safety or only keep 4 WR.

Safeties: Kazee, Wilson, Hooker, Kearse.. maybe Hooker will start on IR but keeping more than 10 DB would be hard to do IMO.. it's a good problem to have but I would pick one of Goodwin and Canady and cut the other. Canady has been balling this camp though..

I wish they cut either Brown or Lewis. Brown has not lived up to his contract. So he would be my first choice in cutting. If not Brown then Lewis. Another one I feel is just not good enough despite what alot of people here think of him on this forum.

slick325

Reaction score
He just wants to make clear what a great job they're doing with personnel.

If it doesn't work yet again this year it's not their fault!

Agreed. If they have 65 guys with NFL talent vying for 53 spots...this team is loaded. Big Mac better win or find himself reevaluating his latest HC job..

Oh, Stephen is also letting the fan base and NFL know that he has an eye for bona fide NFL talent. Just like his father.