Twitter: Cowboys Practice Tweets 8/11/21

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I wish they cut either Brown or Lewis. Brown has not lived up to his contract. So he would be my first choice in cutting. If not Brown then Lewis. Another one I feel is just not good enough despite what alot of people here think of him on this forum.

I think A. Brown has lived up to and surpassed his 6th round pick status. However, he has peaked and what you see now is what you get. A pass interference away from a TD.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think A. Brown has lived up to and surpassed his 6th round pick status. However, he has peaked and what you see now is what you get. A pass interference away from a TD.

Yes he has surpassed his 6th round pick status. But I don't think Lewis has. Frankly, Lewis hasn't done much. He got a multi-million contract for sitting on the bench.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Agreed. If they have 65 guys with NFL talent vying for 53 spots...this team is loaded. Big Mac better win or find himself reevaluating his latest HC job..

Oh, Stephen is also letting the fan base and NFL know that he has an eye for bona fide NFL talent. Just like his father.

Whenever Stephen speaks, I lower the volume. He essentially has nothing to offer. At least Jerry gives us the G___y Hole.

See what I did there!

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Yes he has surpassed his 6th round pick status. But I don't think Lewis has. Frankly, Lewis hasn't done much. He got a multi-million contract for sitting on the bench.

Yes, you are correct on Lewis but I would argue none of the coaches he's had put him a great situation. I think he is a better corner on the outside than the slot, but they are not going to play him there. I think Brown or Lewis may be traded at the end of the day.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I cant' see anyway they keep both Goodwin and Canady.

Anthony Brown
J Lewis
T Diggs
K Jospeh
Nashon Wright
Canady
Goodwin

That means we cut Kyron Brown, Deante Burton, Isreal Mukuamu, Reggie Robinson

That would be 7 CBs... have they ever kept 7 CB.. maybe they go light at Safety or only keep 4 WR.

Safeties: Kazee, Wilson, Hooker, Kearse.. maybe Hooker will start on IR but keeping more than 10 DB would be hard to do IMO.. it's a good problem to have but I would pick one of Goodwin and Canady and cut the other. Canady has been balling this camp though..

I look at Goodwin as a designated special teammer because he's not a good corner.. I think they are keeping the 7 CBs you mentioned and the 4 Ss. Normally, we'd go 10, but McCarthy has mentioned that he's kept up to 12 before. It will force us to go shorter than normal at some position, but I'm not seeing much of a reason to keep 3 QBs on the roster. Let DiNucci go to the PS, if he proves worthy of developing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

If I’m a Denver fan I do not want to hear that from my GM lol. If they’re so available then get one.

Helman has no right to be an analyst for the Cowboys. He’s the definition of a JAG. And all he cares about is himself.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Corners are more important than quarterbacks.

They're right up there with police officers, fire fighters, medical personnel. Essential workers.
You forgot the true heroes grocery store cashiers....

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah Canady has turned heads. I haven't heard much of Goodwin. Israel Mukuamu is my pet cat so I hope he's not cut. I got teary eyed watching his congratulatory phone call from us. You can't help but to pull for a guy like that.

with the extra roster spots, short & long term IR we should be able to keep some guys. about time for the mysterious injuries to appear for some bubble players.

ghst187

Reaction score
don't be surprised to see brown traded...just sayin

Man I don’t think he’s that bad at all and I don’t think we have enough comfort with all the rookies and first year guys and injured vets to let someone like Brown walk. He’s not great but he’s steady

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Man I don’t think he’s that bad at all and I don’t think we have enough comfort with all the rookies and first year guys and injured vets to let someone like Brown walk. He’s not great but he’s steady
he is the fall back guy if none of the others show enough. the team is hoping one of the new guys would replace him. brown is sort of jack of all trades, master of none.....there is a place in NFL for that. perhaps him and a 2nd round pick for Henderson in Jacksonville.