Twitter: Cowboys Practice Updates 10/28

slick325

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Lol

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

The classroom comment worries me a bit. He should know the plays already. He could be like Ryan Leaf, Vince Young or Johnny Manziel who weren't very smart or focused on taking their game to the next level, they latter two relied solely on their athletic ability. Watching his interviews and a player like Chauncey Golston, for instance, night and day difference in how their minds grasps a question by a reporter. Kelvin seems slow-witted. We all know Zeke likes to get "low-key faded" but I have a feeling Kelvin is more like Jeff Spicoli in that regard. I hope I'm totally wrong in my assessment because that would mean ANOTHER 2nd round pick we gambled on and lost. I'm pulling for him because he would make our secondary play much better if he's a baller like people have said he is.

quickccc

Reaction score
i don't like hearing " individual drills" and" limited practices" with Dak. ... :(

conner01

Reaction score
McCarthy: Cooper Rush had a great day at practice, showed a high command of the offense.

why do they leave this out?
Maybe they knew he’s always had a good command of the offense just doesn’t have the arm for the offense

Reaction score
Perhaps the Cowboys are trying to throw the Vikes off? 3 QB’s means you possibly have to study and practice for 3 different playing styles. I like that we’re not showing our hand just yet.
The Vikings will not be thrown off. They are going to prepare as if Dak is 100% and will play.

If he doesn't their gameplan will be perfectly fine against Rush or Grier. Cowboys backup QB is not a concern to the Vikings

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
The classroom comment worries me a bit. He should know the plays already. He could be like Ryan Leaf, Vince Young or Johnny Manziel who weren't very smart or focused on taking their game to the next level, they latter two relied solely on their athletic ability. Watching his interviews and a player like Chauncey Golston, for instance, night and day difference in how their minds grasps a question by a reporter. Kelvin seems slow-witted. We all know Zeke likes to get "low-key faded" but I have a feeling Kelvin is more like Jeff Spicoli in that regard. I hope I'm totally wrong in my assessment because that would mean ANOTHER 2nd round pick we gambled on and lost. I'm pulling for him because he would make our secondary play much better if he's a baller like people have said he is.

Did you actually listen to what McCarthy said? Or just taking someone else’s post and twisting it to fit your opinion? Take the time to listen to what was said before jumping to conclusions. What Coach McCarthy said wasn’t even close to what you are inferring.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

Not all that concerning. He played in 20 college games over 3 years with a full season gap in between due to being a transfer. He's a physically gifted player who doesn't have much as far as consistent programming, so he has a lot to learn at the NFL level.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
If I'm Minnesota I'm preparing for the Cowboys and Dak Prescott and maybe I have a Quality Control coach giving me daily notes on what little film we have on Cooper Rush.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Vikings will not be thrown off. They are going to prepare as if Dak is 100% and will play.

If he doesn't their gameplan will be perfectly fine against Rush or Grier. Cowboys backup QB is not a concern to the Vikings

It should have been last season as Dalton beat their ars. lol

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Did you actually listen to what McCarthy said? Or just taking someone else’s post and twisting it to fit your opinion? Take the time to listen to what was said before jumping to conclusions. What Coach McCarthy said wasn’t even close to what you are inferring.

McCarthy didn't say that? Calvin just made it up I guess. My opinions and conclusions come from me watching his interviews and knowing about his past at LSU and then at Kentucky. He opted out of playing the final game in what I think was bowl game. He quit on his team. He said he wanted to get ready for the NFL. One of the best way to do that to look great in a bowl game.

Is their a rule here that I can't post opinions I have of players on our team?

JBS

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Gallup has a chance to play this weekend?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Not all that concerning. He played in 20 college games over 3 years with a full season gap in between due to being a transfer. He's a physically gifted player who doesn't have much as far as consistent programming, so he has a lot to learn at the NFL level.

I just want to point out that I said he worries me a "bit." Our luck with 2nd round picks hasn't been that good these past several years. Connor Williams won't be here next year so that's another blown 2nd round pick. La'el is already getting paid and he's played guard before, so it makes sense to move on from Williams by sticking La'el in his place. Off the top of my head Diggs is the only 2nd round pick looking good out of the last several drafts. Like I said, I'm pulling for him because if he succeeds our team will benefit from it. There are some red flags, IMO, that concerns me. I play music so I hang around with all the Jeff Spicoli's so I can spot one. Nothing wrong with being one if you're able to do your job. Me, I would get totally lost in a song and forget my parts, while others it made them better. I hope and pray he's not a bust or is a bad guy. Trust me on that. :cool:

Mr_437

Reaction score
*Awesome news on Dak, good business to have all 3 QBs active.

*Interesting take on LC by Broaddus.

*Sounds like we could see Gallup, Hill and DA.

*Haven't heard anything about learning from any other rookie or player, so with everything that goes into the KJ situation its concerning. However, I only look for KJ to play STs this season, so it's not a big deal at the moment.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I just want to point out that I said he worries me a "bit." Our luck with 2nd round picks hasn't been that good these past several years. Connor Williams won't be here next year so that's another blown 2nd round pick. La'el is already getting paid and he's played guard before, so it makes sense to move on from Williams by sticking La'el in his place. Off the top of my head Diggs is the only 2nd round pick looking good out of the last several drafts. Like I said, I'm pulling for him because if he succeeds our team will benefit from it. There are some red flags, IMO, that concerns me. I play music so I hang around with all the Jeff Spicoli's so I can spot one. Nothing wrong with being one if you're able to do your job. Me, I would get totally lost in a song and forget my parts, while others it made them better. I hope and pray he's not a bust or is a bad guy. Trust me on that. :cool:

I don't consider Williams a bust/blown pick at all. Williams has deficiencies and will never be a pro-bowler but if I can get 4 years of starts out of a 2nd round pick with zero missed games and 2 Playoff Appearances I'm reasonably pleased by that. He's kind of the Chido Awuzie of the offense (though I don't think he's going to go somewhere else and be as good as Chido is playing).

I do share some concern around Kelvin Joseph - they took a project with the second round pick, I prefer getting a near-sure starter. But at least it's working out with Diggs.

Carson

Reaction score
If I'm Minnesota I'm preparing for the Cowboys and Dak Prescott and maybe I have a Quality Control coach giving me daily notes on what little film we have on Cooper Rush.
I don’t think they’ll need much prep on Rush. Cover the flats, stack the box and stop the run, watch the play action to Schultz.

I don't consider Williams a bust/blown pick at all. Williams has deficiencies and will never be a pro-bowler but if I can get 4 years of starts out of a 2nd round pick with zero missed games and 2 Playoff Appearances I'm reasonably pleased by that. He's kind of the Chido Awuzie of the offense (though I don't think he's going to go somewhere else and be as good as Chido is playing).

I do share some concern around Kelvin Joseph - they took a project with the second round pick, I prefer getting a near-sure starter. But at least it's working out with Diggs.

Williams biggest deficiency is that he plays/played next to All Pro and Pro Bowl lineman. Smith, Martin, Frederick, Collins. He will sign elsewhere next year and be a solid addition.

I agree with your assessment of Williams