Twitter: Cowboys Practice Updates 10/28

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The classroom comment worries me a bit. He should know the plays already. He could be like Ryan Leaf, Vince Young or Johnny Manziel who weren't very smart or focused on taking their game to the next level, they latter two relied solely on their athletic ability. Watching his interviews and a player like Chauncey Golston, for instance, night and day difference in how their minds grasps a question by a reporter. Kelvin seems slow-witted. We all know Zeke likes to get "low-key faded" but I have a feeling Kelvin is more like Jeff Spicoli in that regard. I hope I'm totally wrong in my assessment because that would mean ANOTHER 2nd round pick we gambled on and lost. I'm pulling for him because he would make our secondary play much better if he's a baller like people have said he is.
agreed. he was injured, not suspended. so he should have been in all the meetings, watching film, etc.....he shouldn't be catching up on classroom stuff. he should already be there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Looks as if things are going well, if he continues down this road showing no signs of a problem then I fully expect him to play. I know when Rodgers was dealing to calf he was limiting around through out the game. From what I have heard yesterday and today, is Dak is not showing any signs of difficulty, so unless there is some setback before the game he should be ready to play SNF

fivetwos

Reaction score
The classroom comment worries me a bit. He should know the plays already. He could be like Ryan Leaf, Vince Young or Johnny Manziel who weren't very smart or focused on taking their game to the next level, they latter two relied solely on their athletic ability. Watching his interviews and a player like Chauncey Golston, for instance, night and day difference in how their minds grasps a question by a reporter. Kelvin seems slow-witted. We all know Zeke likes to get "low-key faded" but I have a feeling Kelvin is more like Jeff Spicoli in that regard. I hope I'm totally wrong in my assessment because that would mean ANOTHER 2nd round pick we gambled on and lost. I'm pulling for him because he would make our secondary play much better if he's a baller like people have said he is.
I could be wrong but it seemed like they were focused on corner with that pick after the way the first round went.

He is flirting with a redshirt year if he doesn't get out there soon.

Listening to his comments I get the impression he knows he needs football to finance his true passion because he is better at one than the other.

I hope he proves me wrong but I didn't like the pick and still don't...and it felt a lot like a Horn/Surtain consolation prize that they were determined to get.

He didn't look great in the preseason but neither did Steele, so there's that, but Wright outplayed him and isn't seeing much of the field that I've noticed.

Not sure where that leaves us other than not being able to afford injuries to our vet CBs.

lkelly

Reaction score

FarawaySnarlingErmine-size_restricted.gif

lkelly

Reaction score
McCarthy didn't say that? Calvin just made it up I guess. My opinions and conclusions come from me watching his interviews and knowing about his past at LSU and then at Kentucky. He opted out of playing the final game in what I think was bowl game. He quit on his team. He said he wanted to get ready for the NFL. One of the best way to do that to look great in a bowl game.

https%3A%2F%2Fblackandteal.com%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F02%2Fjaylon-smith-ncaa-football-fiesta-bowl-notre-dame-vs-ohio-state-590x900.jpg

817Gill

Reaction score
Will be interesting how Collins will be implemented into the scheme, regardless of Steeles appointment at RT, this is a great problem to have.
This OL has a rotation that just got deeper.
Oh and thanks as always for the updates @817Gill
Anytime

plasticman

Reaction score
We're not getting nearly as much help from players returning from the injured list as I thought we would have.

By now I thought we would have Hill, Gallimore, Gallup, Joseph, Ball, Donovan Wilson, Gifford.........

Right now I don't think they've committed on any of those guys playing against the Vikings except a little spot play from Wilson and Hill.

817Gill

Reaction score
We're not getting nearly as much help from players returning from the injured list as I thought we would have.

By now I thought we would have Hill, Gallimore, Gallup, Joseph, Ball, Donovan Wilson, Gifford.........

Right now I don't think they've committed on any of those guys playing against the Vikings except a little spot play from Wilson and Hill.
Wilson played vs New England btw

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I agree, I didn't think he looked ready in training camp. Missing all that time certainly hasn't helped either. He needs time to learn and get used to the NFL game. Then, maybe towards the end of season he'd be ready to push for Brown's job. But they won't make that move until they're absolutely sure he's the better options. Very good chance it doesn't happen until next year.
I agree.......next year, maybe.

Part of MM's comment pertained to meetings. Kinda sounds like Joseph isn't hitting the playbook. I dunno.......seems to me with being down it should be memorized by now.

JMO, of course.