Twitter: Cowboys Practice Updates 10/28

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well Diggs had limited practices and still played, if I recall correctly.

So did Tyron Smith. They are getting Dak ready and thus far at least based on reports he is not showing any ill effects of the strain. They have put him on resistant cords and having him drop back, roll out and he is running and not showing the effects. After doing that yesterday and coming back today and still not showing signs of a problem that is very good news. I would think soreness would show up after an active work out the following day.

quickccc

Reaction score
Well Diggs had limited practices and still played, if I recall correctly.

Diggs did not have a calf injury like Dak does .. calf injuries can turn into blown out achilles injuries (ala Kevin Durant).. if it's rested properly and handled with care.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Wow! Just wow! Would you please share those comments that made you come up with this assertion.
He was asked about the rap thing at the draft PC.

I'll paraphrase....

I know that football is what's going to get me paid.

Before you respond keep in mind that your guess is no better than mine and I'm speculating as much as you are to the contrary, but I didn't like that comment.....and I didn't like the pick. It seemed forced after months of Horn/Surtain talk. Of course, that's a guess also, but then again that's what this place is for, no?

That said I hope the fat man's boss or whatever proves me wrong. Let's take it a step at a time and get him into a uniform first. The staff doesn't seem to be in a huge rush.

817Gill

Reaction score
Yes, 14 snaps on defense, 0 special teams.
Yeah if anything his playing time or lack thereof will be due to the S depth, not his groin injury as he’s now 3 weeks removed from it holding him out.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it seemed like they were focused on corner with that pick after the way the first round went.

He is flirting with a redshirt year if he doesn't get out there soon.

Listening to his comments I get the impression he knows he needs football to finance his true passion because he is better at one than the other.

I hope he proves me wrong but I didn't like the pick and still don't...and it felt a lot like a Horn/Surtain consolation prize that they were determined to get.

He didn't look great in the preseason but neither did Steele, so there's that, but Wright outplayed him and isn't seeing much of the field that I've noticed.

Not sure where that leaves us other than not being able to afford injuries to our vet CBs.

Is Asante Samuel Jr. still playing well for the Chargers? That might be a case where our aversion to smaller corners hurts us. Joseph isn't much bigger and may be considered to have more upside, but Samuel Jr. had his pedigree and more college starts on his side.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We're not getting nearly as much help from players returning from the injured list as I thought we would have.

By now I thought we would have Hill, Gallimore, Gallup, Joseph, Ball, Donovan Wilson, Gifford.........

Right now I don't think they've committed on any of those guys playing against the Vikings except a little spot play from Wilson and Hill.

Didn't really expect much before now based on their injuries. They not only had to heal, but then had to work themselves back to the point where the coaching staff would be confident putting them in without risking re-injury or a slip in play.