Twitter: Cowboys pro bowlers announced

quickccc

Reaction score
Anger has been a vastly underrated addition.

- Ditto with safety Jayvon Kearse,.. been so consistent and physical throughout the season, whether vs run or pass or blitzing, and creating turnovers.
And being so trusted enough to be elevated to signal caller of the defense.

- Everyone assumed Kearse would be just a special teams core player ..at the very least.
Pre-training camp predictions, many had doubts if he even had a chance to make the team.
And it's no secret with the difficulties we've had with acquiring quality, consistent starting safeties.

- If he's re-signed and able to continue in this Quinn's scheme, i can see him making his own bid for a Pro Bowl invite next year.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I have a feeling Parsons will be a regular pro bowler…

Diggs also. He just trumped Ramsey as the best corner in the league and he's only getting better.

Parson's is the best ILB in the league and quite possibly the best defensive player in a toss up with Aaron Donald, T.J Watt and Myles Garrett.

With everything Parsons can do, he can put a stamp on that claim by the end of this season.

Tussinman

Reaction score
after struggling in the 3-4 scheme so badly last year...is he still one dimensional rush only guy in Chi-town ? ..
His run defense is better this year and he currently leads the entire NFL in sacks with 16.

Huge turn around which is good because last year was awful. Crazy that he made the pro bowl when he hadn't made one on 7 years (you rarely see a gap that large in the NFL)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
- Ditto with safety Jayvon Kearse,.. been so consistent and physical throughout the season, whether vs run or pass or blitzing, and creating turnovers.
And being so trusted enough to be elevated to signal caller of the defense.

- Everyone assumed Kearse would be just a special teams core player ..at the very least.
Pre-training camp predictions, many had doubts if he even had a chance to make the team.
And it's no secret with the difficulties we've had with acquiring quality, consistent starting safeties.

- If he's re-signed and able to continue in this Quinn's scheme, i can see him making his own bid for a Pro Bowl invite next year.

I thought Kearse was a training camp body and nothing more. Dude has found a nice role for himself here in Quinn’s defense.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
this is proof that ppl don’t know what they’re talking about when they call the probowl a popularity contest. The fan portion of the vote only counts like 10% or something low like that. That’s how they balance out guys that shouldn’t be there just getting voted in by the fans. The coaches and players are the ones who’s vote really counts

The fan vote counts 1/3 (33%) toward player selection (proportional to the players and coaches votes), lulz.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
after struggling in the 3-4 scheme so badly last year...is he still one dimensional rush only guy in Chi-town ? ..
With 16 sacks being one dimensional doesnt matter. Is his one dimension is where it is important

Jstopper

Reaction score
No, duh.

I still believe T. Smith made it based on past history. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. He's been too injured and missed 4 games recently. There is a chance he might not play this Sunday night. His lack of availability this season is why I don't feel he should have made the Pro Bowl no matter how good he is when he is available.

you can feel whatever you want. His peers and NFL coaches felt differently so…

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
you can feel whatever you want. His peers and NFL coaches felt differently so…
That's fine. Just another show of popularity. It should go to players who remain healthy, available and are able to contribute all season long.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
How about our punter Brian Anger! He's been a gem for us thus far and making the pro bowl to boot.:bow: Congrats to all whom made it from the Cowboys especially Micah Parsons the young rookie Phenom. Tyron getting respect for his body of work not just this season. Diggs deserving his inclusion and the ever present Zack Martin does too.

I was told by a few in the know fans that we are blind and that Anger sucks and was only being given the job cause he use to play for bones. So I guess players, fans, and coaches are blind too