Cowboys "Covet" Patrick Peterson

TheFinisher

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=6481&line=201101&spln=1

Patrick Peterson - DB - Player
Citing sources, SI's Tony Pauline reports that the Cowboys have LSU CB Patrick Peterson ranked as the top player in the 2011 NFL draft.
Their high opinion was only reinforced by Peterson's 4.32 and 4.37 forty times Tuesday at the Combine. Per Pauline, Dallas "covets" the 2010 Thorpe Award winner. The Cowboys draft ninth overall, so they may strongly consider a move up for Peterson. Terence Newman is a candidate for offseason release.
Related: Cowboys

Go get him Jerry!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm already drooling at the thought of Newman and Peterson in the same backfield.

Eli Manning already loves throwing to Newman...can you imagine when he can't pick which side to throw it? Pick City.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Not sure drafting Peterson would preclude keeping Newman. Anyways, I think it's all a pipe dream as Peterson is likely Top 3 and the price to steep to move up.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
We all know what it means when Jerry gets that look in his eye

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It aint happening.

Maybe if you would've played some younger guys against Philly's backups and we caught an L but winning that game was more important that getting this player.

We just need to get Marcell Dareus somehow and be stoked we got a player of his caliber @ 9.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;3862329 said:
It aint happening.

Maybe if you would've played some younger guys against Philly's backups and we caught an L but winning that game was more important that getting this player.

We just need to get Marcell Dareus somehow and be stoked we got a player of his caliber @ 9.

You confine your Dareus man love to Dareus threads. This is The patrick man love thread. :p:

JBS

Reaction score
realtick;3862325 said:
Not sure drafting Peterson would preclude keeping Newman. Anyways, I think it's all a pipe dream as Peterson is likely Top 3 and the price to steep to move up.

I still don't see Peterson going top 4

Best case is 5th..Gives Jerry a chance to move up to 5th and if AZ doesn't take him, which is highly possible, we could try and deal w Cle too..

JBS

Reaction score
CATCH17;3862329 said:
It aint happening.

Cam Jordan > Dareus as a 5-tech

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3862334 said:
I still don't see Peterson going top 4

Best case is 5th..Gives Jerry a chance to move up to 5th and if AZ doesn't take him, which is highly possible, we could try and deal w Cle too..

If he is the best player in this draft or even top 3 player in this draft I don't see how he makes it out of the top 4 or 5.

I hope like heck he drops to 6th but I just don't see how we'll get him.

And will he be a corner or safety? He better be an Ed Reed type Safety if we give up a high 1 & 3.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
32 teams covet PP - we're no different.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3862338 said:

I can buy that. I think they are all good players on the D line.

I just have always had a lot of respect for Marcel Dareus.

The closer we get to the draft the more im kinda leaning towards wanting the sure thing.

He is a MAN and he is going to be a stud player in this league for sure.

He may not be extremely impactful... But he'll be great at what ever it is a team asks him to do.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
nyc;3862352 said:
I wouldn't trade up for Peterson.

I would give up a 1 & 4 if that was at all possible.

1 & 3 seems like a ton though.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3862338 said:
I agree JJ Watt>Dareus but I think Dareus would be a great 4-3 DT or even a very good NT.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I doubt it happens, but the wild cards are Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert. Despite what people may think, come draft time, quarterbacks start moving up the charts and teams either pick them high or teams try to trade up to get them. So with those two and Buffalo, Carolina and Arizona needing quarterbacks, that leaves the big three (DaQwuan, Dareus and Fairley) to be picked over. I think those guys may go higher than Peterson simply because you can throw away from a corner, but defensive linemen are critical to each play.

Sure hope we can make a play for PP, but I doubt it.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I think Cincy at 4 would be a prime position to trade up for him. At 9 they would still be able to land Julio.

Bigdog

Reaction score
realtick;3862325 said:

Agree. Need to protect Romo or have good pass rush. A good pash rush will make an average CB look good.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Why are there so many chatting parrots in the Cowboys organization?

Just shut up.

Peterson is way up there for sure, but does the entire NFL have to know who you really like every year.