Cowboys "Covet" Patrick Peterson

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Guys, it ain't happening.

Jerry is just trying to ensure that someone drafts him so he can draft Tyron Smith. He knows we desperately need OL help. :muttley:

TheFinisher

Reaction score
nyc;3862372 said:
Guys, it ain't happening.

Jerry is just trying to ensure that someone drafts him so he can draft Tyron Smith. He knows we desperately need OL help. :muttley:

Yea because teams need more reasons to draft Peterson:rolleyes:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Peterson timed faster than DeSean Jackson, but I wonder how he would do inside against Jackson. I bet he could beat the crap out of him on the outside and run with him, but you have to cover Jackson inside and outside.

I heard them say (on NFL Network) that Peterson struggles in press bail but is much better when he gets his arms on you and gets physical.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
41gy#;3862369 said:
Why are there so many chatting parrots in the Cowboys organization?

Just shut up.

Peterson is way up there for sure, but does the entire NFL have to know who you really like every year.
Their "source" is not someone in the Cowboys organization.

No, it isn't me either, even though I have been saying this for months now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
41gy#;3862393 said:
Peterson timed faster than DeSean Jackson, but I wonder how he would do inside against Jackson. I bet he could beat the crap out of him on the outside and run with him, but you have to cover Jackson inside and outside.

I heard them say (on NFL Network) that Peterson struggles in press bail but is much better when he gets his arms on you and gets physical.

Jackson would get eaten alive by PP if he gets his hands on him. But against Dallas we'd cover Jackson with Jenkins and have help over the top from a safety while PP covered Maclin on an island.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
jterrell;3862397 said:
Jackson would get eaten alive by PP if he gets his hands on him. But against Dallas we'd cover Jackson with Jenkins and have help over the top from a safety while PP covered Maclin on an island.

You may be wright about Jenkins covering Jackson, but Jenkins is going to have to tackle on the left side. Covering Jackson inside and in bunch sets makes it tougher to get your hands on Jackson. Plus, you have to defend the entire field. Quickness comes into play more inside.

Randy White

Reaction score
CATCH17;3862329 said:
It aint happening. Maybe if you would've played some younger guys against Philly's backups and we caught an L but winning that game was more important that getting this player. We just need to get Marcell Dareus somehow and be stoked we got a player of his caliber @ 9.

Keep the Faith :yourock:

even though Dareus is not a bad " consolation " prize.

Randy White

Reaction score
CATCH17;3862356 said:
I would give up a 1 & 4 if that was at all possible.

1 & 3 seems like a ton though.

There's always the possibility of moving back in the 2nd and recouping that 3rd.

Randy White

Reaction score
TheFinisher;3862367 said:
I think Cincy at 4 would be a prime position to trade up for him. At 9 they would still be able to land Julio.

I think 6 is better. Right in front of the 49ers too.

I don't think Cincy is moving from that spot, particularly if they end up moving Palmer. They don't have a reputation as dealers during the draft.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Hostile;3862395 said:
Their "source" is not someone in the Cowboys organization.

No, it isn't me either, even though I have been saying this for months now.

I don't know. Some people in that organization sure like to talk to Broaddus. That draftinsider.com site reported it, and they backed it up again. There sure is a whole lot of smoke, and this organization has been known to talk.

I don't like the talking. JMO Stuff should be kept inside and not be on ESPN Dallas.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Wait, I thought I read yesterday we were going to draft Cam Newton.

You mean these reports aren't accurate????

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
41gy#;3862422 said:
I don't know. Some people in that organization sure like to talk to Broaddus. That draftinsider.com site reported it, and they backed it up again. There sure is a whole lot of smoke, and this organization has been known to talk.

I don't like the talking. JMO Stuff should be kept inside and not be on ESPN Dallas.
It was speculation. Put that in 3 inch high letters. It sells copy. No one from the Cowboys talks to the guys at Rotoworld and none of them are talking right now or the DFW media would have stuff to report and they don't.

Pure speculation. Accurate, but speculation. I am 100% sure of it.

Randy White

Reaction score
during this time rarely come from the organization ( unless it's for the purpose to create smoke ) and usually from player's agents or advisors. They want their client's name out there as much as possible and also are used by the teams themselves to disseminate information about a player they really don't want ( or can't get ) in order to keep attention away from the one they're really interested in.

Curiously, though, in 2 out of the last 3 drafts, the Dallas Cowboys have used the strategy of letting the world know who they're interested in picking in the first round, weeks ahead of time, and still got who they wanted: Felix Jones and Dez Bryant.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Do you Zoners believe that our Cowboys would let it leak out to anyone outside the organization who is rated #1 on our draft board?

Color me I doubt it.......

Nightshade

Reaction score
nyc;3862352 said:
I wouldn't trade up for Peterson.

:hammer:

Not if we can get Prince at 9, or Harris or Smith with a trade DOWN and get MORE picks.

Don't do it Jerry. Get your finger off that trade up trigger old man. it ain't worth it. Think Williams. Both of them.

Roy and Roy.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Hostile;3862428 said:
It was speculation. Put that in 3 inch high letters. It sells copy. No one from the Cowboys talks to the guys at Rotoworld

Rotoworld is just a news aggregate site. They're posting a blub on a story originally reported by Sports Illustrated and TFY's Tony Pauline.

Prior to the Senior Bowl, TFY reported that the Dallas Cowboys covet the junior cornerback fron LSU. Word from a separate source prior to the combine is Dallas does indeed have Peterson ranked as the top overall player in the draft.

Anyways, I don't read too much into it. Every team is "interested" in Peterson. Scouts are an insulated, nomadic clique of men with uniquely specific jobs that largely depends on word of mouth. In other words, they probably all gossip like a bunch of old ladies and the beauty parlor.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
41gy#;3862422 said:
I don't know. Some people in that organization sure like to talk to Broaddus.
I'm so with you on this. Everytime he mentions what he's hearing from our scouts, I wonder who from the organization is going to hear it and shut down that pipeline.

So far, either they don't hear it or don't care. It's good for us fans, I guess, but I don't see how it could be good for the team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;3862346 said:
If he is the best player in this draft or even top 3 player in this draft I don't see how he makes it out of the top 4 or 5.

He won't.

The Realist

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3862338 said:
Cam Jordan > Dareus as a 5-tech

I disagree.

Dareus was just as good if not better vs SEC comp than Cam was PAC 10 comp.....

And that's after Bama had 3 DL go to the NFL last year.