Recommended Cowboys Raiders joint practice today (8/13)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So the DL had Wilber at DE, and that line was getting push. Interesting as I thought he was pegged at Sam?

Durant could play Sam, McClain at Mike and Carter at Will. Wilber may be better used at WDE (as part of a rotation) with no Ware now. I was thinking that myself before camp. He can also back up the Sam LB spot and maybe that saves a roster spot for another position.

Nickel pass rusher. Sam elsewhile.

morasp

Reaction score
So Romo is off on a few plays in one day of training camp and people are concerned and even comparing him to Brad Johnson? Seriously, crap like this is why I stopped posting here for a while.

Didn't exactly say that. Only said the tweets almost sounded like Brad Johnson. Big difference.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Interesting. I have heard all kinds of reports that Durant has been very good this TC.

I have read some reports saying the same thing. Durant seems like he came to play.

Also, I wonder if experimenting during TC and practices, if the Coaches are looking for ways to use a player at a different position to confuse the other team and to get good rush angles from different places?

I'm not going to count this defense out just yet.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 7m
@lancelahnert The Cowboys will have to make a decision on Dustin Vaughan. They love the kid. I think they'll keep three on the 53.
----
i wont be surprised either,they should just keep the the most talented players regardless of position this season.

This would be tremendously stupid on a team that will be carrying several injured DL according to our GM.

Just stop playing him the rest of the preseason and hope in month scouts forget about him.

Alexander

Reaction score
I can't remember if Gardner even practiced yet? If not, maybe he would be eligible for the PUP. PUP would be better than IR and we could always put him on IR after 6 weeks.

He has practiced.

Unless a player is injured in the offseason and you never hear a thing about him once camp begins, he might be PUP eligible.

But I still think a lot of people are confused about the PUP and think it is a way to circumvent IR. It is not.

It means the player was injured in the offseason, did nothing but off the practice field work.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This would be tremendously stupid on a team that will be carrying several injured DL according to our GM.

Just stop playing him the rest of the preseason and hope in month scouts forget about him.

I don't know that it's stupid keeping a young QB in the pipeline that you feel has the skills to groom.

It's what begot Tony Romo.

Granted it's a longshot, but so was Romo.

Alexander

Reaction score
I don't know that it's stupid keeping a young QB in the pipeline that you feel has the skills to groom.

It's what begot Tony Romo.

Granted it's a longshot, but so was Romo.

So, Wade Wilson recommends this player is so good we cannot afford to expose him to waivers?

At least with Romo, we had Parcells, Payton and David Lee around putting in their two cents.

Still feel the same way?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, Wade Wilson recommends this player is so good we cannot afford to expose him to waivers?

At least with Romo, we had Parcells, Payton and David Lee around putting in their two cents.

Still feel the same way?

Understood but if you don't trust your staff to make these determinations then what the hell are we doing?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He's the Kyle Kosier of our current LB corps.

This article from him from earlier in the summer was great, if you haven't seen it already.

It looks like the team is determined to give McClain the starting MLB spot. Carter looked the best of the three starters to me in the preseason game. Wilber looked pretty shaky tbh. It was like he didn't know what he was looking at and it was giving him fits. His strength last year was taking on blocks at the point of attack in the run game and there he just wilted when a block came at him.

Maybe Durant can play some sam or just rotate them. He would make sense as a super sub.