Cowboys Ranking In Available Salary Cap For The Next 3 Years

exciter

Reaction score

Zeke and Lawrence contracts are most likely going off the books in 2023, guessing Tyron’s is going to be around that time also! Miraculously, other teams are actually going to have to resign some of their own players during that time or overpay for someone else’s hidden warts!

raven55

Reaction score
no matter what they do, they have put themselves in the same pickle as they have with romo they put there chips on the table this year and they dealer busted them. quarterback is a kurt cousins clone and running back is done for as a runner the head coach is poor to below poor, the off coor. can only direct the offense againist bad teams and the defense is not very smart as they let the nfl in penalities even in the playoff in review even if they luck out in the draft result will be like the last years going forward you will LOSE LOSE LOSE and see you next draft

exciter

Reaction score
We’ll be getting lots of compensatory picks with players not getting resigned and leaving in FA:

Randy Gregory (Take the comp pick)

Dalton Shultz (If they can give them Jarwins money to stay I keep him. Otherwise take the comp pick and look in the 2nd to 4th round for a TE that blocks and catches well.)%

Michael Gallup (MM has a history of drafting and/or picking up a FA for depth at this position)

Cedric Wilson (He’s going to get more than we paid him this year, we draft or pickup a FA)

Tony Pollard (I’m willing to take 1 of the top 3 rbs in round 2 to 3 Walker III slated to be around at our pick in the 2nd. We need to get back to running effectively to help both sides of the ball)

LVE (Take the comp pick)
Keanu Neal
Damontae Kazee
Connor Williams (Take the comp pick, put Collins at LG and Steele at RT, look for a center, even a FA vet)

That’s 6 to 8 starters that we should get compensation for. Should get a 3 and 4th rounder where we can get a player or 2 if we draft the way we have.

I think they keep guys on the cheap like Malik Hooker and try to sign Kearse long term.

Then these are the contracts we’re looking at:

Blake Jarwin (I would cut, save the 4.25 million or give to Shultz and draft.)

DLaw ($27,000,000 but $19,000,000 in dead cap if released. Maybe he takes a pay cut. Not likely. I can’t see anymore restructuring here)

Amari Cooper (You save $20,000,000 salary but $6,000,000 of the signing bonus gets accelerated into your cap if traded or released. I say keep him and if not I believe he still has trade value. Plus Lambs on a rookie deal and Malik Turner may have earned himself a promotion. There’s not an overspend at the WR position overall now.)

Zeke (You can’t move him for at least 1 more season. We have to be able to run the ball for this team to be successful and I’m good using a 2nd round pick on a rb like Walker who can help us do that whether Zeke can start every game or not. Walker is a true starter at RB and allows us to do whatever we need to with Zeke the year after and during next season. Zeke should be back healthy next season but clearly should be in a 1 to punch like Chubb and Hunt.)
With the injury being so late in the season I’m thinking they might be able to get Gallup back on a 1yr contract. Don’t think they can move Cooper until after next season, just based on the amount of flux with the position as is. Wilson’s agent is most likely going to shoot for #2 receiver money. He’s a descent #4 but that’s about it, ain’t overpaying him!

JustChip

Reaction score
The Rams traded Goff AND their 3rd round pick AND their first round picks in 2022 and 2023 to move on from his contract.

And they got a QB in return. So it was quite painful for them to move on from Goff. The Cowboys made this bed and it's going to be tough to get out of it for at least another year.
Exactly. The only viable option in the near term is to figure out what to do to be more successful with Dak. And that’s scheme, players and coaches (the later if which is inter-twined with scheme). Regardless of what one thinks if the previous staff, that’s exactly what they did in 2016.