Twitter: Cowboys RB Rico Dowdle placed on injured reserve

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So he's done for the season. Wow. I bet they go light at RB on the initial 53.

Manster68

Reaction score
No worries. We’ve got Ralston
I don't know if you said that in jest or not, but for me, I'm all for that.
Why?
Ralston can wear three hats. He can be the blocking fullback for Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard. Ralston can be the 3rd TE throwing blocks to the 2nd level. He also plays special teams.

So Ralston can open up a roster spot for another area on this team.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If put on IR prior to cutdowns the play can't return at all for that season.

I was thinking there was a difference up until you got to the final cutdown. Then you had to put them on the roster before moving to IR. Guess I was wrong.
Have to admit this is surprising to me. Thought he could be a contributor as RB & special teams. They must be in a bind at another position.

John813

Reaction score
I was thinking there was a difference up until you got to the final cutdown. Then you had to put them on the roster before moving to IR. Guess I was wrong.
Have to admit this is surprising to me. Thought he could be a contributor as RB & special teams. They must be in a bind at another position.

A player has to make the 53 then go on IR to be elligble to return. When the roster size is at 80+/- it's either cut with an injury settlement or IR with no chance of return.

Carson

Reaction score
Was a key cog on special teams. That’s where he will be missed. Over 43% of snaps played on special teams last season. Was around the 4th highest on the team

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sad to hear, we could have used him but maybe this is good news for JaQuan Hardy.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He had to have been seriously injured if they put him on IR. He was likely making the 53-man roster. Either with the Cowboys or another team.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Something with his hip I read on DC.com. Wow, what a bummer I was enjoying watching him had some juice. Came out of thin air. Until next year!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I don't believe this was a stash move. He was a key STs contributor on top of being a decent backup RB.