Twitter: Cowboys RB Rico Dowdle placed on injured reserve

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This sucks since I really liked Dowdle; but it does open up a spot for another player (Nick Ralston?) to make the team. And to be honest Dowdle wouldn't have gotten much action behind Zeke and Pollard anyway; but this is still a depth hit.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And according to the Cowboys' official website, Dowdle's roster spot was filled when safety Israel Mukuamu was activated.

I guess it's going to be Brenden Knox and JaQuan Hardy at running back against the Jaguars Sunday unless Dallas picks up somebody else too. I don't think Pollard will play now since his value just went up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a stash for sure. They want an extra DL or CB/S on the roster but there’s no way Dowdle gets to the PS.
That's what I was thinking. Stashed for safekeeping. Kid runs hard...finds open space.

Hoping it's minor injury and excuse.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone who goes to IR before the 53-man roster is set, is out for the year and not eligible to play for any team.

Even if injured, got to be on the 53-man roster first before one con go to IR short term, eligible to return.
Dam....sucks!

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If put on IR prior to cutdowns the play can't return at all for that season.
Yup, gotta be on placed on IR after August 31 at 4pm to have that chance. The ones placed on Active PUP or NFI can be put on on Reserve PUP/NFI and can be DFR. He's gone for the season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, that complicates things. 2 RBs and a FB or pick up a cut RB. Or go get Peterson or Bell? :)
It would be awesome to bring in Adrian Peterson as a backup. Use him for mop up duties to give Zeke and Pollard a breather. Too bad there is no roster space for an extremely limited backup RB who is 36 years old. I'm sure it would be a dream come true for Adrian just to be able to wear the uniform of the team he grew up idolizing. We know he would give nothing but 100% for the Cowboys.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It would be awesome to bring in Adrian Peterson as a backup. Use him for mop up duties to give Zeke and Pollard a breather. Too bad there is no roster space for an extremely limited backup RB who is 36 years old. I'm sure it would be a dream come true for Adrian just to be able to wear the uniform of the team he grew up idolizing. We know he would give nothing but 100% for the Cowboys.

As long as he is not breaking Emmitt’s record :)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Seems crazy to me when I see how easy it is to draft or just grab even UDFA RBs, and this team acts as though it has to develop and discover a RB3.
Patriots just traded Sony Michel to the Rams for some draft picks..
Rhamondre cost them a 4th, but when you can turn your roster and find valuable weapons in the 4th round, it makes underachievers expendable, especially when you get draft picks back in trade.
Bill got him a backfield of RBs, he doesnt waste much time trying to find an RB3, he just understands that its the easiest positional advantage, because there are so many, plentiful.
We would be doing back flips if the Cowboys had drafted Rhamondre,, this forum would be dumping on Zeke faster than the price on bad crypto coins.
Who is Rhamondre? Never heard of him.

stinkface

Reaction score
Hardy has stone hands. Worst of all 3 running backs. He will be at most headed to the practice squad. They will however run him to death this weekend.