Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign Amari Cooper for 5 years $100M

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I won't ever understand why we didn't sign him to an extension shortly after trading for him. You gave a first so everyone knew we were going to pay him no matter what. Why not get it done right away. Cost us an additional $4 million a year IMO
Probably more like 2 million (18 per year for 90) But the deal would have to been agreed to before the trade went through.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
LMBO at “taught” Nick how to win the Super Bowl. Nice try amigo.

wentzreaction.gif

Kaiser

Reaction score
Considering that Cooper was playing through some lower-body injuries, I think his numbers were pretty good despite disappearing on the road. Note that Cooper did play in one more game than Hopkins.

The "disappears on the road" thing is one of those dumb memes that will stick around until next season. Those road games included facing the #1 defense on the road in NE (in the rain) and playing the Saints. Its no surprise a player's stats go down in games like that.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
The "disappears on the road" thing is one of those dumb memes that will stick around until next season. Those road games included facing the #1 defense on the road in NE (in the rain) and playing the Saints. Its no surprise a player's stats go down in games like that.
I think memes are childish anyway

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every fan says every top end Cowboy’s player that gets resigned was overpaid.

The cap conscious fans are concerned about where the money is going. We've lost our top secondary player, added nobody to a defense with more holes than Swiss cheese, but we got WR covered at great cost. It appears thus far that Dallas is trying to reconstruct last years team at much greater cost.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The cap conscious fans are concerned about where the money is going. We've lost our top secondary player, added nobody to a defense with more holes than Swiss cheese, but we got WR covered at great cost. It appears thus far that Dallas is trying to reconstruct last years team at much greater cost.

"Thus far" is that FA hasn't even started officially. The focus at this point is internal free agents and they made the right moves on Amari and Byron Jones, very likely Cobb as well.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I have Chicago on that list, genius. Talk about not listening. Most of his yards came in garbage time against the Bears.

LOL imagine thinking defenses don't change when they have a big lead, opening up more routes and more space to run for a WR. bahahahahaha
I know you did, it was part of my point. Genius. If you weren't such a tool you would at the very least attempt to understand a different point of view. But you can't, you're in the top 5 for most miserable forum member.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

What was his excuse in oakland? Spin it.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Probably more like 2 million (18 per year for 90) But the deal would have to been agreed to before the trade went through.
Which is what you see quite often. Teams agree to a trade and then work out a long term extension which they announce at the same time

ksg811

Reaction score
Very simple structure. $10m bonus prorated $2m per year over the 5 years. $10m salary in year 1 and $20m years 2-5. $12m cap hit in 2020 and $22m in 2021-2024.

tm1119

Reaction score
Very simple structure. $10m bonus prorated $2m per year over the 5 years. $10m salary in year 1 and $20m years 2-5. $12m cap hit in 2020 and $22m in 2021-2024.

Low 1st year cap hit and only 2 years that are fully guaranteed? Great deal

ksg811

Reaction score
Low 1st year cap hit and only 2 years that are fully guaranteed? Great deal

Yeah, it’s essentially 2/40 with 3 team options at $20m. Only $6m in dead money after year 2. If his inconsistencies remain, they have an easy out.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With way the Cowboys have structured the five-year, $100 million deal with Amari Cooper, they can be out of salary-cap issues after just two seasons. The first two years of the deal are fully guaranteed at $40 million. If the Cowboys want to move on after 2021, $6 million would hit the cap on signing bonus proration and they would save $16 million in cap room. The Cowboys' "win" in the deal is not having any guaranteed money into the third year.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer