Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign Amari Cooper for 5 years $100M

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL explain to me why those injuries only popped up on the road. Went from crap against the Eagles to good against the Commanders.

Did the same thing with the Raiders...
They didn't. He was literally playing with injuries throughout the season. It's an exaggeration. He had decent games away and he had home games with less production. Look at his game logs. Besides his injuries, you also have to factor in the WR roster at the time and who the secondary was they played. And, he missed one game.

If you want to claim he was inconsistent all season, that would be a realistic point of view.

vlad

Reaction score
Stephen with more proof of his mastery of contract negotiations! Future is bright once Jerry let's go

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
True yet still put up some career high numbers.
True, he was up and down and still got decent yards. I'd prefer more than 8 TDs and he also had some drops. But I think with a full off season and being healthy will be good for him. Plus the new coaching has me intrigued.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They didn't. He was literally playing with injuries throughout the season. It's an exaggeration. He had decent games away and he had home games with less production. Look at his game logs. Besides his injuries, you also have to factor in the WR roster at the time and who the secondary was they played. And, he missed one game.

If you want to claim he was inconsistent all season, that would be a realistic point of view.

Bahahahaha so again, tell me, why did these only seem to show up against good teams/on the road

New Orleans - 48 yards
Jets - 3 yards
Patriots - 0 yards
Buffalo - did nothing until garbage time
Bears - nothing until garbage time
Eagles - 24 yards

Yet, somehow, between those games he had a 200 yard game, a 147 yard game, a 106 yard game, and one 90+ yard game. Right, totally the injury...that just showed up when things got tough. Coincidence, I am sure.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
All that for a player who disappears on the road lol.

Hopkins on the other hand is on a five-year, $81 million deal.

This franchise man...:laugh:

Hopkins 104 catches, 1,165 yards, 11.2 avg., 7 TDs.

Cooper 79 catches, 1,189 yards, 15.1 avg., 8 TDs.

Considering that Cooper was playing through some lower-body injuries, I think his numbers were pretty good despite disappearing on the road. Note that Cooper did play in one more game than Hopkins.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True, he was up and down and still got decent yards. I'd prefer more than 8 TDs and he also had some drops. But I think with a full off season and being healthy will be good for him. Plus the new coaching has me intrigued.

I think under a new offensive system he has a chance to put up even bigger numbers. I know at times he was frustrated with all the come back routs he was running when he felt he had the ability to make the bigger plays down field. I looking forward to see him under McCarthy system.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL all these wonderful decisions that result in no Super Bowl victories in 20+ years.

Explain that one, Einstein.
If I have to, it's not worth it. You're incapable of seeing it obviously. Keep posting though, it's very entertaining in these Pandemic times.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Bahahahaha so again, tell me, why did these only seem to show up against good teams/on the road

New Orleans - 48 yards
Jets - 3 yards
Patriots - 0 yards
Eagles - 24 yards

Yet, somehow, between those games he had a 200 yard game, a 147 yard game, a 106 yard game, and one 90+ yard game. Right, totally the injury...that just showed up when things got tough. Coincidence, I am sure.
You're not listening, probably out of convenience. I never said it was totally the injuries.
And you're cherry picking because you want to be right SOO bad, lol.

Add 80 at NYG & 83 at Chicago. And, he under performed vs. LA with 19 yards. But you keep pitching the sheep theory of it's only away games.
Garbage time is a stupid, overused phrase. The game is 60 minutes. Stop looking like a smooth brain.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think under a new offensive system he has a chance to put up even bigger numbers. I know at times he was frustrated with all the come back routs he was running when he felt he had the ability to make the bigger plays down field. I looking forward to see him under McCarthy system.
Could be, we'll see. I'm fairly confident that if he stays healthy he'll do very well. I think Gallup improving has to help, plus whoever our 3rd is and Jarwin hopefully getting more reps; he's really good downfield as opposed to Witten that hit the dirt every time his legs were hit.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

New Orleans - 48 yards
Jets - 3 yards
Patriots - 0 yards
Eagles - 24 yards

Maybe because a one-legged Cooper is still better than good corners/defenses, but not better than great ones.

aikemirv

Reaction score
......and that's why we shouldn't pay Dak. He is not among the ranks of Qbs who make those around him better. Its the exact opposite. Those around Dak make HIM better. He owes Amari Cooper some money.
I agree but my opinion has no weight with the Joneses!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Maybe because a one-legged Cooper is still better than good corners/defenses, but not better than great ones.

LOL right and he was injured with Oakland as well, right? So now we just gave a big contract to an often hobbled WR?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You're not listening, probably out of convenience. I never said it was totally the injuries.
And you're cherry picking because you want to be right SOO bad, lol.

Add 80 at NYG & 83 at Chicago. And, he under performed vs. LA with 19 yards. But you keep pitching the sheep theory of it's only away games.
Garbage time is a stupid, overused phrase. The game is 60 minutes. Stop looking like a smooth brain.

I have Chicago on that list, genius. Talk about not listening. Most of his yards came in garbage time against the Bears.

LOL imagine thinking defenses don't change when they have a big lead, opening up more routes and more space to run for a WR. bahahahahaha