Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign Dante Fowler

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Serious question - Why Fowler? Doesn't he steal snaps from Williams? Plus Armstrong showed himself to be more than capable.

Reactions: CWR

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question - Why Fowler? Doesn't he steal snaps from Williams? Plus Armstrong showed himself to be more than capable.
Fresh legs in a rotation, especially late in a game, as well in the season.

If Williams steps up this season, from his rookie season, as he did show to be a good draft pick, then he will get his share of snaps.
Fowler provides some very good depth at that point. Still need at 4 or 5 good DE's in a rotation.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Fresh legs in a rotation, especially late in a game, as well in the season.

If Williams steps up this season, from his rookie season, as he did show to be a good draft pick, then he will get his share of snaps.
Fowler provides some very good depth at that point. Still need at 4 or 5 good DE's in a rotation.
Golston showed some spark as well. He is a pretty good rotational guy. I would feel much better if they spent the money at DT which looks really thin now.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Golston showed some spark as well. He is a pretty good rotational guy. I would feel much better if they spent the money at DT which looks really thin now.
Golston has been moved to DT as a 3-Tech. They did that last year and, by the end of the season he was playing much better. Quinn noticed and by the playoffs, Golston was heavier in the rotation.

He made a couple of nice plays at the end of last year.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Golston has been moved to DT as a 3-Tech. They did that last year and, by the end of the season he was playing much better. Quinn noticed and by the playoffs, Golston was heavier in the rotation.

He made a couple of nice plays at the end of last year.
I agree Golston showed up. I just don’t think he is big enough as an interior guy. In case you haven’t noticed I am really hung up on our interior defense.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I agree Golston showed up. I just don’t think he is big enough as an interior guy. In case you haven’t noticed I am really hung up on our interior defense.
We could use a guy…

Golston has always been strong, going back to Iowa. He’s plenty big enough to be a pass-down 3-Tech, if he can manage to get to the QB some. This season will be key. He needs to get home on his rush some.

Obviously, you don’t want him in on run-downs. He is too small for that, but Quinn won’t have him in then.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bro, I believe this stat explains why the Cowboys were so willing to bring Fowler back...

https://i.postimg.cc/sDPXP2FD/Screenshot-20230322-123129.jpg

That is precisely why.

Fowler wasn’t in a whole lot… but on the passing downs that he took part in, he was constantly harassing the QB.

If he didn’t get home for the sack, he was still harassing the passer. Always in their face.

That is why I’ve been saying that they really needed to bring him back. Cheap, good pass rush?

Sign me up for that.

CWR

Reaction score

Not sure you can have enough pass rushers. It's a long season. I agree though, I want Sam Williams to get more run this season. He might be special.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Fowler wasn't expensive and won't have any impact on DT spending.

ghst187

Reaction score
Keeping the Dream Alive

or should I say:
Dream On

Not gonna spend another $15 mil on premium free agents. Enjoy the massive Christmas presents already under the tree, ok, kid?
A girl can dream