Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Re-Sign QB Kellen Moore

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We don't even have a QB on the Practice Squad, do we? I'm really surprised by that!

We need Moore; he knows the offense, and while Rush has outperformed him, we haven't see Rush vs. a game day, more complicated D-scheme with lots of disguise and blitz. Can he make the calls?

It's my guess that if Dak were out for a few plays or a quarter, they'd be more comfortable with a veteran presense. If Dak went down for the season, it's pretty much over, so they'd go with Rush to develop and see what he's really got. But if you have big time aspirations for 2017, you just can't have a backup undrafted rookie QB as your only option. You may even need Moore to run the scout team offense, since his knowledge of systems has to be better than Rush's. Would you want your undrafted rookie backup preparing for each week's defense and also trying to run the scout team offense?

We had to bring in a veteran. I guess they think Moore is the most comfortable option, for Dak and the staff.

All true, not to mention the fact that you run the risk of ruining Rush if you throw him in there for any length of time. I think the kid could be good if he is brought along right.

remdak

Reaction score
Moore will be active this week, and Rush will be designated the emergency quarterback.
There is no such thing as an emergency QB any longer. The rule was changed in 2011. If not active, not available to play.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Moore really helped Dak last year. He is very intelligent and he helps the Cowboys that way, versus on the field. He will do the same for Cooper Rush.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL their love affair with bad players cracks me up.

Any doubt who will be QB #2 for the Giants game?

Can I have a hint?

Does the local paperboy have a better arm?
:huh:

chicago JK

Reaction score
Just imagine if you are the Giants and have been preparing for a backup quarterback who can throw a 15 yard out. Imagine all the practice time they wasted on this. If Moore needs to play, they will be totally under prepared for the five yard dump offs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore knows the offense inside and out.

Rush is not ready to read defenses, change protections, adjust routes, audible out of bad plays, and snap the ball in 10 seconds. He's just not.

Soon enough he will be.

Moore can "read" and "adjust" until the cows come home.

He can't get it there. End of story.

For all of his "brains", "smarts", "intangibles", or whatever other adjective - completely bereft of tangible evidence - anyone wants to use. Kellen Moore isn't capable of playing NFL football.

31 NFL teams know, 1 doesn't.

erod

Reaction score
Just imagine if you are the Giants and have been preparing for a backup quarterback who can throw a 15 yard out. Imagine all the practice time they wasted on this. If Moore needs to play, they will be totally under prepared for the five yard dump offs.

Who is the Giants' backup quarterback?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore really helped Dak last year. He is very intelligent and he helps the Cowboys that way, versus on the field. He will do the same for Cooper Rush.

And nothing would prevent him from doing that either as a coach or on the practice squad.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Didn't seem to "ruin" Dak.
thats because Kellen broke his leg last year, if not for that we would have been all aboard the Kellen Moore train last season until Romo returned. This coaching staff has zero backbone.

erod

Reaction score
Moore can "read" and "adjust" until the cows come home.

He can't get it there. End of story.

For all of his "brains", "smarts", "intangibles", or whatever other adjective - completely bereft of tangible evidence - anyone wants to use. Kellen Moore isn't capable of playing NFL football.

31 NFL teams know, 1 doesn't.
Backup quarterbacks are irrelevant.

If Eli gets hurt, we get Geno Smith. Give me Kellen Moore over Geno Smith. LOL

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Didn't seem to "ruin" Dak.
A few thoughts.

Dak's maturity so young is the exception not the rule...

Rush came from a small school...

Dak played and had high level success in the SEC....

Rush was undrafted signaling that every team. In the NFL thought he was not a high level NFL player...

Dak was drafted in the fourth and fell a bit due to off field concerns..

But other than that yeah both situations are identical.