Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign RB Trey Williams

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Nothing like being sent to a Motel 6 for 48 hours and then returning to the team.

I stayed at a Motel 6 one time and I had to take counseling thereafter. And, Blimey, the motel called ICE on me! Off to Weatherford I did, and a comfortably stay at the Cherokee Inn in nearby Albany. But I digress, what a mess.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Who's mocking them? I think cutting a running back to bring in an offensive lineman so you can bring back the running back by cutting an offensive lineman is brilliant strategy. Other teams have absolutely no idea what we're doing.

With this kind of thinking, I wouldn't be surprised if we could get LVE to the practice squad if we wanted.

Just wait until they release the RB next week and bring back the lineman...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Who's mocking them? I think cutting a running back to bring in an offensive lineman so you can bring back the running back by cutting an offensive lineman is brilliant strategy. Other teams have absolutely no idea what we're doing.

With this kind of thinking, I wouldn't be surprised if we could get LVE to the practice squad if we wanted.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave,When we practice to deceive"

* briskly snapping shut large hardbound literary casing-liner in one handed fashion*

The Professor

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe use him like Dunbar and use Austin as a WR. If he sticks then BO and Jackson maybe out. Wasn’t Trey the on that fumbled and Elliott cussed at him in practice?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why go through the effort? What’s the advantage of other teams biting?

There is no advantage, so that wasn’t the reason they released him and then resigned him later. Maybe it was that they needed a roster spot to take a look at another player, or maybe one of the RBs in TC is dinged up, or maybe some other reason.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There is no advantage, so that wasn’t the reason they released him and then resigned him later. Maybe it was that they needed a roster spot to take a look at another player, or maybe one of the RBs in TC is dinged up, or maybe some other reason.
More like they plan to use him extensively in the first preseason game to spare everyone else from punishment.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More like they plan to use him extensively in the first preseason game to spare everyone else from punishment.

I suspect that’s the case, but I think the question some have is why they let him go for a few days if they needed him for whatever reason. I think some are wanting to read something more into that than there is.