Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign TE Hanna 3 year deal $8.25 m

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
There is one I dont have a problem with. Like to see him get his hands on the ball in space once in a while.

Yep. If and when he gets the ball, he's pretty good. I like it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I didn't think we'd bring him back with Witten, Escobar and Swaim already on the roster. I guess the team feels he's needed as a blocking tight end.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Great signing. I hope they get him more involved in the passing game.

8.25 for 3 years... That's pretty cheap for a veteran player. And I'm sure it is backloaded into that 3rd year.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I agree, and Henry fits the bill. WE all know though, Dallas isn't proactive. So unless Witten got hurt before the draft somehow, we aren't drafting a TE

This is the first I'm hearing This.

I always thought the problem was being too proactive at TE when it came to drafting them.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I didn't think we'd bring him back with Witten, Escobar and Swaim already on the roster. I guess the team feels he's needed as a blocking tight end.

Escobar is going to be very limited going into this season, and my guess is they don't re-sign him.

Now we don't have to re-address the tight end position next year.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Escobar is going to be very limited going into this season, and my guess is they don't re-sign him.

Now we don't have to re-address the tight end position next year.

I could see questions about Escobar's availability being the reason for this re-signing. Of course, the team also doesn't know what it has in Swaim. One thing we do know right now is that Hanna's a better blocker than either of them.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I could see questions about Escobar's availability being the reason for this re-signing. Of course, the team also doesn't know what it has in Swaim. One thing we do know right now is that Hanna's a better blocker than either of them.

Move makes 100 percent sense. I think Swaim barely made the team last year and wasn't as strong a blocker as they hoped he would be.

If he develops in year two, that's great, but now we don't have to scramble to find another tight end next year if Swaim isn't what we think he could be (and as a 7th round pick, he probably isn't).

gimmesix

Reaction score
Move makes 100 percent sense. I think Swaim barely made the team last year and wasn't as strong a blocker as they hoped he would be.

If he develops in year two, that's great, but now we don't have to scramble to find another tight end next year if Swaim isn't what we think he could be (and as a 7th round pick, he probably isn't).

Hey, if it keeps us from drafting a tight end in the second round, I'm all for it.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Thank God! One guy I didn't want to lose....

Now, if #9 & OC can get him the damn ball!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All aboard the mediocrity train. Our staff has no clue how to use TE's effectively.

On a positive note maybe re-signing Hanna will keep us from using a #2 on another TE.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Almost $3 million a season for a blocking TE that had 9 receptions last year?

Seems like we overpaid.

Wear this, you've earned it today
2368.jpg