Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign TE Hanna 3 year deal $8.25 m

birdwells1

Reaction score
Not surprising. I think people wanted the Cowboys to panic and be stupid in free agency. These moves prove that they think they are better than a 4 win team. I know that's not a popular opinion but that's what it is.

I actually think that we are better than a 4 win team but I'm a fan. I want this organization to operate on a "you are what your record says you are" mode.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
When you just traded a 6th round pick to get back into the draft for a blocking TE it's probably worthy of criticism.

It was so deflating.

I got all excited, 'yes, we traded back in to the draft'
'oh, another blocking TE not one person in the world talked about'

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Oh Gosh. How dare the Cowboys people not ask the experts here about what to do with the sixth round pick they picked up and used on a TE. How dare they!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not sure this would have happened if Escobar weren't long term injured.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Not sure this would have happened if Escobar weren't long term injured.

Different type of TEs. Hanna is more versatile with his blocking, and special teams ability, while Escobar never did evolve as a consistant, pass catching, TE.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Different type of TEs. Hanna is more versatile with his blocking, and special teams ability, while Escobar never did evolve as a consistant, pass catching, TE.

That's BS, a TE will do what you tell them to do. Good ones like Witten can do it all.

jjktkk

Reaction score
That's BS, a TE will do what you tell them to do. Good ones like Witten can do it all.

LOL, are you auditioning for a motivational coach job? How about imagining that not all TEs are created equal. You can tell a TE do block his *** off, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Escobar tried to improve his blocking, but he was average at best. Hope he can rebound from his injury and evolve into a better overall TE.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I thought Hanna runs sub 4.4? How come we never flex him out against a safety or LB and and send that fool deep?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't believe Hanna's contract is overspent at all -- he's been ignored on the receiving end for way too long and his blocking is good.

He may not have quite the sure hands that Witten does but he's capable of taking it farther downfield. Witten won't last forever, either.

Plankton

Reaction score
I thought Hanna runs sub 4.4? How come we never flex him out against a safety or LB and and send that fool deep?

I don't think that his play speed resembles that number. Still, you would like to think that he could be an option on longer seam and crossing routes.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think that his play speed resembles that number. Still, you would like to think that he could be an option on longer seam and crossing routes.

He has the speed to defeat many a LB but it appears that the staff has chosen to lean on Witten to the exclusion of allowing Hanna to develop sufficiently to prove himself.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL, are you auditioning for a motivational coach job? How about imagining that not all TEs are created equal. You can tell a TE do block his *** off, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Escobar tried to improve his blocking, but he was average at best. Hope he can rebound from his injury and evolve into a better overall TE.

A WR that can't catch should be cut, a QB that can't throw should be cut and a TE that can't block should be cut. A TE that can't block is a WRs and quite frankly needs to be reclassified as such. The only reason to have a TE that can't block and you won't cut is because your coaching staff sucks.

Section446

Reaction score
I actually have no problem with this, I just wish they'd actually involve him in the game plan a bit more.