Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-signing Noah Brown

quickccc

Reaction score
oh yippee ..what a jeans shaking excitement over at Frisco Star ..... career JAG

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have schooled us all with his college highlight.

Now be a good winner.
My point was not to school you on anything....but thanks for escalating the warfare.
I was simply pointing out some potential. Sorry you are so offended about it.

coult44

Reaction score
"We drafted you as a WR, now put on weight and be a TE" told me how little they think of Simi.

They're targeting him to replace Brown. That's now his ceiling.

Having said that, I like the Brown signing. I'm at least assuming he's coming very cheap. I'd rather sign Brown than Cedrick. Better a cheap jag than an expensive one. And Brown has started to make real strides as a WR. He's basically functional as a slow wr. He's not just a teeny tiny blocking TE anymore. Also a core special teamer. He can give us a lot of snaps, and he gets us some continuity with WRs, which we needed with so many likely gone.

Honest question, why do you care if we sign a cheap one or expensive one?

coult44

Reaction score
Very good move by the Cowboys! Noah Brown is a very good backup WR who can make plays and blocks very well. Cowboys definitely needed him back.

Now, they need to resign Michael Gallup & Cedrick Wilson. 2 big priorities to keep this receiving crew together. It's sad that Cooper will be gone, but his shortcomings do not translate to $20+ million a year.

Malik Turner might also return.

Keep an eye on TJ Vasher.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys use a Day 2 draft pick on a speedy WR. There were many WRs at the combine who flashed very fast 40 times.

NO Cowboys WR will ever have great numbers until the philosophy or the system changes. Then”spread the ball around” thing is the number one priority for KM, Mike, and Dak. Coops numbers are fine for what he is asked to do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
NO Cowboys WR will ever have great numbers until the philosophy or the system changes. Then”spread the ball around” thing is the number one priority for KM, Mike, and Dak. Coops numbers are fine for what he is asked to do.
Cooper is way overpaid for what he is asked to do. The Cowboys realize that now, hence why they are cutting him.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Not a bad signing. Hes #2 on the depth chart right now. Cooper is gone and I still have doubts Gallup is back. We shall see what happens.

starfan1

Reaction score
reasonable deal for an average guy. id put some weight on him and let him play TE he blocks better than any TE we've had on our roster since Witten. crucial drops though

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This one year is $895,000 against the cap.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So . . . is this the big news we were anticipating in an hour or so? Wondering if it was worth the wait . . . :omg:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Noah Brown's deal w/Dallas one year, $1.035 million, including $152,500 to sign. Minimum-salary benefit deal, so counts $895,000 against the cap.