Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-signing Noah Brown

plasticman

Reaction score
Taco Charlton, Chidobe Awuzie, Ryan Switzer, Xavier Woods….all taken in the 2017 draft, but it’s 7th rounder Noah Brown that hung on.

He's had multiple injuries, missing entire seasons, in his 5th season as a WR, but has yet to score an actual TD.

He was my pet cat coming out but what has he ever done? Typically you might give a developmental player a season or two based on his ST skills, but at this point, what progression have we witnessed? What hidden potential has yet to be realized? What has he done that makes the investment in time and money justifiable? Can't we just get another "him" in the 7th round a few months from now?

First, Dalton Schultz and now Nowh Brown? The way in which this offense generates opportunity at every receiving position, just how unique is their productivity?

Mannix

Reaction score
"We drafted you as a WR, now put on weight and be a TE" told me how little they think of Simi.

They're targeting him to replace Brown. That's now his ceiling.

Having said that, I like the Brown signing. I'm at least assuming he's coming very cheap. I'd rather sign Brown than Cedrick. Better a cheap jag than an expensive one. And Brown has started to make real strides as a WR. He's basically functional as a slow wr. He's not just a teeny tiny blocking TE anymore. Also a core special teamer. He can give us a lot of snaps, and he gets us some continuity with WRs, which we needed with so many likely gone.
Sorry, but Wilson in not JAG when compared to Brown....that is crazy talk!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our new number 2!!!!!!!! Come stop us NFC!!!!!!!
Yes because we have done such a GREAT job of managing all our talent. Cooper GONE! Resigning an often injured Gallup to a big contract. Dak struggling later in the season. Moore playing TWO injured RB's. Can;t manage a consistent o-line. Running our injured RB on delay handoffs up the middle where our QB literally trips over the centers feet....on a HAND OFF? TEs can't block and rarely get downfield anyway.

But Noah Brown...well he isn't performing very well. So he sucks.

What in the entire freak. You guys are lunatics.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude has pictures of somebody. SMDH

I will say it again...ready?
Yes because we have done such a GREAT job of managing all our talent. Cooper GONE! Resigning an often injured Gallup to a big contract. Dak struggling later in the season. Moore playing TWO injured RB's. Can;t manage a consistent o-line. Running our injured RB on delay handoffs up the middle where our QB literally trips over the centers feet....on a HAND OFF? TEs can't block and rarely get downfield anyway.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I was being a little sarcastic, he may be the 4th receiver and a decent special teams player/blocker.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was being a little sarcastic, he may be the 4th receiver and a decent special teams player/blocker.
Okay man...it's cool. On the surface...Noah Brown has not performed well. He has dropped a few passes. However...I cite the thanksgiving day OT where Dak threw it in the recycled rubber instead of in Noah hands.

I sometimes wish our players were on competent teams.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"enamored".....lol you are such a kidder!

Brown has talent...as 3rd/4th WR. What I think he needs is more consistent playing time. Pretty hard to do with Dallas bringing in 1st round WR's. (Remember Cooper was one too). He didn't have a truckload at Ohio State either. But he did make one of the best catches there you'll ever see in NCAA.

Maybe if QB can drop dimes like this one more often our WR's would be better!

i absolutely LOVE how all you haters have nothing to say about this play. Speaks VOLUMES!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tomorrow....

Bob: This is NOT a Noah Brown hate thread.
No it is. Maybe it wasn't intended as such. But the haters always come out.

No replies on the play I have shown? Haters...wait not haters..... just ignorant fans who THINK they know it all...... who run into the shadows when real evidence is presented.

"Better not say that was a GREAT WR play...it might mean Noah Brown can play...and I just said he's a loser".

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it is. Maybe it wasn't intended as such. But the haters always come out.

No replies on the play I have shown? Haters...wait not haters..... just ignorant fans who THINK they know it all...... who run into the shadows when real evidence is presented.

"Better not say that was a GREAT WR play...it might mean Noah Brown can play...and I just said he's a loser".

You have schooled us all with his college highlight.

Now be a good winner.