RELEASED Cowboys Release DE Damontre Moore

Verdict

Reaction score
Well sorta. I see what you are saying. I am not meaning it so literally. But yeah, I misused the cliche.

My point is they think their defensive roster is better than it is, and they are not making an effort to assemble the best, because they think they are already close and a few 'stop gap' players is all it will take for one of their own players to grow into that 'one player away'.

I see what you are saying. I don't really know how far away they think they are. To be fair, I'm not sure anyone really knows. We have a bunch of young guys like Lewis. Awuzie, Taco, Tapper, Woods, Heath, Jaylon. Some of these guys will probably wash out.

Lewis, Awuzie and Jaylon could be studs if everything falls right. I think if we get one more player at each level (line, lb and DB) we will be pretty hard to beat.

jjktkk

Reaction score
According to you, a guy who hasn't played a game is a "potential starter". Or did you forget you said that?

Apparently, according to you, the only requirement for a "potential starter" is having a star on your helmet. You don't even have to hit the field.

There's your "agenda" right there, clear as day.

Brilliant.

I don't have an agenda Stash. I just wonder why you cry on here everyday on here about the Dallas Cowboys and their shortcomings? It seems a miserable way to be a fan. I mean this particular argument comes after a convincing win against S.F. Most reasonable fans I would think would be somewhat happy that the Cowboys won a game, but I guess not. Like you mentioned to another poster in this thread, you enjoy debate, but I didn't realize we were involved in some sort of debate contest. So, all you're really concerned about is attempting to win a debate? Is that correct?

jjktkk

Reaction score
You seem to love to argue in extremes........... in this case, Alexander apparently wanting to call Awuzie a bust.

He never said anything of the sort.
He mentioned Matt Johnson and Chaz Green, both who showed flashes of being a player, but both are injury prone. He then mentioned that Awuzie cannot be properly evaluated because he cannot stay on the field, due to his hamstring injury. So I simply asked him if he already labeled Awuzie a bust because of his injury history. @Alexander mentioned Johnson and Green when I mentioned Awuzie flashing potential to be a good player, not me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have an agenda Stash.

Sure you do. It's "Go Cowboys!" All day. Every day. Right or wrong. Like many fans, you struggle to handle the wrong part.

I just wonder why you cry on here everyday on here about the Dallas Cowboys and their shortcomings?

Because I love the team and love to talk about them. The difference is I don't "cry" when they screw up or do something wrong, claiming it wasn't the clear mistake that it was. I can handle giving praise when they do something well, but I can also handle criticizing them when they screw up and not have to rush to defend their screwups like some fans feel obligated to do.

It seems a miserable way to be a fan. I mean this particular argument comes after a convincing win against S.F. Most reasonable fans I would think would be somewhat happy that the Cowboys won a game, but I guess not. Like you mentioned to another poster in this thread, you enjoy debate, but I didn't realize we were involved in some sort of debate contest. So, all you're really concerned about is attempting to win a debate? Is that correct?

I am happy. That's where you're mistaken again. It's always absolutes for some people. I have to be absolutely thrilled or absolutely hate everything. And that's not the case at all. I can do both. I can be happy any and every time they win, but still not have to blind myself to where they've clearly made mistakes. I can do both.

I enjoy debate, but there's nothing to "win" here. I enjoy both giving and receiving information. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Maybe I enlighten you and you learn something you didn't know? And maybe I do?

And if we all agreed on everything, this would be a pretty boring place. But this is a conversation, a debate, it's not a contest or a war. We can vehemently disagree, but I mean no animosity and I strive to only "give as I get" in terms of those conversations.

Sydla

Reaction score
He mentioned Matt Johnson and Chaz Green, both who showed flashes of being a player, but both are injury prone. He then mentioned that Awuzie cannot be properly evaluated because he cannot stay on the field, due to his hamstring injury. So I simply asked him if he already labeled Awuzie a bust because of his injury history. @Alexander mentioned Johnson and Green when I mentioned Awuzie flashing potential to be a good player, not me.

That's a really impressive leap in logic there.

There is nothing he said that should have even warranted the question of him wanting to label Awuzie a bust. Anyone who was being honest with themselves can see all he's saying is that at this point, trying to label Awuzie a win or a good pick or whatever based on a few flashes is getting ahead of themselves at that point.

How you got from there to wanting to know if he thought Awuzie was a bust (and again, if we are honest, it wasn't as much as question as it was an accusation) is amazing.

jjktkk

Reaction score
That's a really impressive leap in logic there.

There is nothing he said that should have even warranted the question of him wanting to label Awuzie a bust. Anyone who was being honest with themselves can see all he's saying is that at this point, trying to label Awuzie a win or a good pick or whatever based on a few flashes is getting ahead of themselves at that point.

How you got from there to wanting to know if he thought Awuzie was a bust (and again, if we are honest, it wasn't as much as question as it was an accusation) is amazing.
Why would he mention Matt Johnson and Chaz Green when I mentioned Awuzie?

Sydla

Reaction score
Why would he mention Matt Johnson and Chaz Green when I mentioned Awuzie?

Simply to show that having a few flashes doesn't immediately translate to the player being good or a success.

Most people saw his point. Only you took him mentioning Green and Johnson as him thinking Awuzie will be a bust. He's simply saying that yes, in fact, sometimes players that flash briefly end up not being what you think. And that could be to a variety of reasons - injuries, they actually aren't that good, etc. Awuzie could be that guy. We really have no idea at this point. You are so amped up to put detractors in their place, you are overreading what people are saying to you.

And FWIW, I am big Awuzie guy. Loved the pick. But I don't know chickenpoop about him as a NFL CB at this point. And somewhat OT, I am coming around to the idea that maybe we should move him to S and make him like a Malcolm Jenkins type S - a can do all type DB who can play deep safety, play the slot and even play some outside CB. Move Jones to CB. He's not a true safety.

Last edited:

jjktkk

Reaction score
Sure you do. It's "Go Cowboys!" All day. Every day. Right or wrong. Like many fans, you struggle to handle the wrong part.
Yes, because you keep rehashing the negatives over and over. You're a broken record in that regard. Do you think you're enlightening me when you point out the mistakes regarding this team? Newsflash you're not. It's one thing to criticize, but you seemingly never stop.
[/QUOTE]

Because I love the team and love to talk about them. The difference is I don't "cry" when they screw up or do something wrong, claiming it wasn't the clear mistake that it was. I can handle giving praise when they do something well, but I can also handle criticizing them when they screw up and not have to rush to defend their screwups like some fans feel obligated to do.
I don't defend their screw-ups, I acknowledge them and move on and try and look for the positives. You want to linger on the negatives.[/QUOTE]

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, because you keep rehashing the negatives over and over. You're a broken record in that regard. Do you think you're enlightening me when you point out the mistakes regarding this team? Newsflash you're not. It's one thing to criticize, but you seemingly never stop.

As I've said, I'm able to talk about both. Obviously, you're not. That said your issue then, not mine.

I don't defend their screw-ups, I acknowledge them and move on and try and look for the positives. You want to linger on the negatives.

"Linger"? You continue to prove my point and don't even realize it! When was Moore cut? Last year? "Linger"....

:lmao:

Uh, check this thread! That's all you've done. And, again, if you can't see it, that's your issue, not mine.

The Cowboys royally screwed up their free agents moves this offseason. And Damontre Moore is simply the lastest name on the list. I can acknowledge and deal with that. You obviously cant. And if you can't, why do you continue to subject yourself to the awful truth?

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I am happy. That's where you're mistaken again. It's always absolutes for some people. I have to be absolutely thrilled or absolutely hate everything. And that's not the case at all. I can do both. I can be happy any and every time they win, but still not have to blind myself to where they've clearly made mistakes. I can do both.

I enjoy debate, but there's nothing to "win" here. I enjoy both giving and receiving information. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Maybe I enlighten you and you learn something you didn't know? And maybe I do?

And if we all agreed on everything, this would be a pretty boring place. But this is a conversation, a debate, it's not a contest or a war. We can vehemently disagree, but I mean no animosity and I strive to only "give as I get" in terms of those conversations.
Well said. :)

EST_1986

Reaction score
When are you people gonna realize Kellen Moore is the glue that keeps this team together? I can't even imagine the utter calamity this organization would be if he were cut. :rolleyes:

Go ahead continue to bag on the guy...Just tells me most of you people would just as soon cut off your head if you thought it would make you better looking.:eek:
KELLEN MOORE FINALLY WHERE HE SHOULD BE .... UNEMPLOYED

CCBoy

Reaction score
As I've said, I'm able to talk about both. Obviously, you're not. That said your issue then, not mine.

"Linger"? You continue to prove my point and don't even realize it! When was Moore cut? Last year? "Linger"....

:lmao:

Uh, check this thread! That's all you've done. And, again, if you can't see it, that's your issue, not mine.

The Cowboys royally screwed up their free agents moves this offseason. And Damontre Moore is simply the lastest name on the list. I can acknowledge and deal with that. You obviously cant. And if you can't, why do you continue to subject yourself to the awful truth?
Positive is built upon, no matter what one wraps the object in for personal identification.

Verdict

Reaction score

Yes it's a lot more fun when you look at the team objectively. I love the Cowboys. I want to see them succeed. Even Dez and Taco who's i have been sorely critical of.

At the same time I am not into pumping shunshine when it isn't warranted. I don't think we are that far away from being good on defense. Maybe even just axing Marinelli would be enough.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Simply to show that having a few flashes doesn't immediately translate to the player being good or a success.

Most people saw his point. Only you took him mentioning Green and Johnson as him thinking Awuzie will be a bust. He's simply saying that yes, in fact, sometimes players that flash briefly end up not being what you think. And that could be to a variety of reasons - injuries, they actually aren't that good, etc. Awuzie could be that guy. We really have no idea at this point. You are so amped up to put detractors in their place, you are overreading what people are saying to you.

And FWIW, I am big Awuzie guy. Loved the pick. But I don't know chickenpoop about him as a NFL CB at this point. And somewhat OT, I am coming around to the idea that maybe we should move him to S and make him like a Malcolm Jenkins type S - a can do all type DB who can play deep safety, play the slot and even play some outside CB. Move Jones to CB. He's not a true safety.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
So D Moore got into a bar fight last Thurs...........sits for SF game and gets cut for a Kicker

JGarrett says it was on-field reasons only but he was decent in limited snaps

This is why I don't trust the internet. Just make up any narrative to push an agenda. People on both sides do it.

A Cowboys player who defied a team ban on national anthem protests issued by owner Jerry Jones by raising hands at an NFL game has been terminated from his job............
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/10...fist-national-anthem-just-got-deserved-554013

Sydla

Reaction score

jjktkk

Reaction score
Exactly, which I all I ever implied. Awuzie needs to get healthy first, but the comments I heard from coaches, anaylist, etc... is that Awuzie shown flashes of being a good player.

Most people saw his point.
Sorry I missed this yesterday, but how do you know "most people saw his point"? Did you conduct a poll on here?
Only you took him mentioning Green and Johnson as him thinking Awuzie will be a bust. He's simply saying that yes, in fact, sometimes players that flash briefly end up not being what you think.
Are you like the unofficial spokesperson for @Alexander? @Alexander grouped Awuzie with Green and Johnson, because of both of those players history of injuries. It's pretty apparent what he was trying to do with his connecting the dots on these 3 players.
And that could be to a variety of reasons - injuries, they actually aren't that good, etc. Awuzie could be that guy. We really have no idea at this point.
Sorry this a poor assumption on your part. [/QUOTE]
You are so amped up to put detractors in their place, you are overreading what people are saying to you.
Not all people, just a select few.

Sydla

Reaction score
Exactly, which I all I ever implied. Awuzie needs to get healthy first, but the comments I heard from coaches, anaylist, etc... is that Awuzie shown flashes of being a good player.

Sorry I missed this yesterday, but how do you know "most people saw his point"? Did you conduct a poll on here? Are you like the unofficial spokesperson for @Alexander? @Alexander grouped Awuzie with Green and Johnson, because of both of those players history of injuries. It's pretty apparent what he was trying to do with his connecting the dots on these 3 players. Sorry this a poor assumption on your part.

Actually it's you who are making a lot of assumptions.

But here's another example. Anthony Brown. Played pretty well down the stretch last year. This year? He's really not been very good so while not a "bust" at this point we don't really know what we have in Brown. Is he the guy that is struggling this year or is there still the guy out there that we saw play well late last year?

And how in the world is me saying that we don't know what kind of player Awuzie is a "poor assumption"? Geezus, dude.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Awuzie replaced Heath for a few snaps in the GB game.

Jones plays about half his snaps down at the line covering TEs.