RELEASED Cowboys Release DE Damontre Moore

Sydla

Reaction score
That's all he's got. He claims that I've called Taco a "bust" as well. Can't actually debate, so he resorts to the strawman technique again and again.

Some people need to realize what they're good at and what they're not good at.

It seems to be a trend with the defend the FO at all costs crowd. They take the extreme position on a lot of things.

The other extreme card played a lot is, "yeah, that's smart, just blow your entire cap on overpriced free agents". That's my favorite comeback.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
It seems to be a trend with the defend the FO at all costs crowd. They take the extreme position on a lot of things.

The other extreme card played a lot is, "yeah, that's smart, just blow your entire cap on overpriced free agents". That's my favorite comeback.
The funny thing is I'm not even a defend the FO at all costs guy. I'm all for pointing out shortcomings. I just philosophically agree with the FO that you shouldn't spend too much in FA. That's all. I also have a little perspective that sometimes goes lacking in these types of arguments.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Actually you missed his point. But not surprising.

I'll ask again. Why did the Cowboys bring in Moore?
Again, you really did miss the point. My comment was made to point out the absurdity in an argument stash had made elsewhere.

Sydla

Reaction score
The funny thing is I'm not even a defend the FO at all costs guy. I'm all for pointing out shortcomings. I just philosophically agree with the FO that you shouldn't spend too much in FA. That's all. I also have a little perspective that sometimes goes lacking in these types of arguments.

It's a philosophy most people here have. Well except for waldoputty who shows up every offseason telling us we can create $60MM in cap space and should spend like drunken sailors.

But those critical of the front office and their FA plans are often painted as people who just want to rip through cap space, sign older, expensive guys. It's a fairly BS accusation that gets made time and time again every time the criticism of their FA plan comes up.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
It's a philosophy most people here have. Well except for waldoputty who shows up every offseason telling us we can create $60MM in cap space and should spend like drunken sailors.

But those critical of the front office and their FA plans are often painted as people who just want to rip through cap space, sign older, expensive guys. It's a fairly BS accusation that gets made time and time again every time the criticism of their FA plan comes up.
Hey man, we've been on opposite sides of an argument and I can handle that. Certainly don't take it personal. I don't take it personal with stash either - I don't think he does but I could be mistaken. I've got no beef with differing view points, it makes this place more interesting. I happen to think we have operated like a solid FO the past few years - not so much before that. We've still made some mistakes, sure, but at least I can see why most of the time. And every FO makes mistakes, so it's not like we couldn't point to even the Steelers and Patriots and Packers and point out missed draft picks and back FA signings.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hey man, we've been on opposite sides of an argument and I can handle that. Certainly don't take it personal. I don't take it personal with stash either - I don't think he does but I could be mistaken. I've got no beef with differing view points, it makes this place more interesting. I happen to think we have operated like a solid FO the past few years - not so much before that. We've still made some mistakes, sure, but at least I can see why most of the time. And every FO makes mistakes, so it's not like we couldn't point to even the Steelers and Patriots and Packers and point out missed draft picks and back FA signings.

But I don't really care what the Pats and Steelers do. I care what we do.

And there's a big problem with how this team approaches free agency at this point that I hope changes this coming offseason. It's like the front office went to the best restaurant in NYC, ate a bad clam and got sick and refused to go there anymore, instead choosing to now eat at McDonald's.

The rationale's used to defend their plans often don't make sense and because of that, the retort is often some lame version of, "you guys are dumb because you want to waste all our cap space". It's comical but also shows that those people really can't make cogent, solid arguments.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So are you already wanting to label Awuzie a bust, because of his current injury? Wow, seems kinda soon, but I guess if it helps you to keep adding to your list of bad draft picks the Cowboy's have made over the years, go for it. And I appreciate you wanting to help me, but I'm good, thanks anyway.

You: Awuzie has "flashed", so---

XLairk.gif

Me: You can't evaluate Awuzie because he cannot stay on the field.
You: You are ready to label Awuzie a bust?!

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
But I don't really care what the Pats and Steelers do. I care what we do.

And there's a big problem with how this team approaches free agency at this point that I hope changes this coming offseason. It's like the front office went to the best restaurant in NYC, ate a bad clam and got sick and refused to go there anymore, instead choosing to now eat at McDonald's.

The rationale's used to defend their plans often don't make sense and because of that, the retort is often some lame version of, "you guys are dumb because you want to waste all our cap space". It's comical but also shows that those people really can't make cogent, solid arguments.
I only care what the other teams do because it provides context. Not to absolve our FO of its mistakes, just to understand that we notice our mistakes more because we pay such close attention to what Dallas does. That was my only point in bringing up the other teams.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, please don't think I ever take it personally, or ever want you to feel that way. I enjoy good debate, and if being passionate about my position is a crime, then I'm guilty of that.

But I try to respect everyone I converse with and only "give as I get" when it comes to tone.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
You'd have a point if I hadn't mentioned three contracts. I did, so you don't.
Even you missed the point. Dez's contract was signed three years ago, yet you only want to use six games to tell everyone he's overpaid. That's like me saying that our sack stat this season makes it ok that we passed on Freeney three times at roughly the same money. Neither argument holds up.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
any news on this knucklehead? apparently released due to a behavioral incident (again)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Actually you missed his point. But not surprising.

I'll ask again. Why did the Cowboys bring in Moore?

Because he was a cheap no risk camp body.

Wait, we are the Cowboys, we can't be cheap, because we can do whatever we want in free agency.

Hold on. We have a superior personnel department so we would never waste any kind of money on a bad talent.

But Moore was a bad talent because he has never stuck anywhere. This is just nuts.

Now, okay, now I got it. We only sign free agents with potential to manageable team-friendly deals because we are doing things the right way.

Yes, that is my final answer.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because he was a cheap no risk camp body.

Wait, we are the Cowboys, we can't be cheap, because we can do whatever we want in free agency.

Hold on. We have a superior personnel department so we would never waste any kind of money on a bad talent.

But Moore was a bad talent because he has never stuck anywhere. This is just nuts.

Now, okay, now I got it. We only sign free agents with potential to manageable team-friendly deals because we are doing things the right way.

Yes, that is my final answer.

You didn't put rolling cap space into your analysis.

Ergo, FAIL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even you missed the point. Dez's contract was signed three years ago, yet you only want to use six games to tell everyone he's overpaid.

That's like me saying that our sack stat this season makes it ok that we passed on Freeney three times at roughly the same money. Neither argument holds up.

Sorry, but this is poor logic at it's finest. You're reaching anywhere and everywhere you can to find something that's not there. Now, to the point of trying to tie one failed argument to another.