RELEASED Cowboys release James Washington

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I’m not saying they are better without amari…I’m saying that just saying if he were on the team we would be a 1 seed right now is a low hanging fruit, idiot level take that’s made with extreme hindsight and hyperbole.

there’s a multitude of reasons we aren’t the 1 seed and I referenced a few in my last post. You can’t just simply go back add amari and assume everything plays out the same way. That’s not how this works. Losing amari wasn’t my preferred route but it’s not the reason we aren’t the 1 seed and that’s just a silly take.

You think I am an idiot— I think you are dense and obtuse.

Look at the stats:

37 TDs and 10 INTs in 2021
22 TDs and 14 KNTs in 2022

Same WR corps in both years— EXCEPT no Cooper in 2022. Explain the difference to me— since of course you think his absence is negligible— or his presence in 2022 would not have mattered.

It cleary HAS mattered. And it clearly HAS had an impact on Dak and the efficiency of the passing game. And the team HAS clearly been trying to add a WR the majority of the season as this has played out.

So— how exactly is it an “idiot” take to consider what our record might have been had we had Coop (or as I have said all along— an equivalent talent) at WR?

Answer with some stats and facts — as I have— or by all means: STHU

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You think I am an idiot— I think you are dense and obtuse.

Look at the stats:

37 TDs and 10 INTs in 2021
22 TDs and 14 KNTs in 2022

Same WR corps in both years— EXCEPT no Cooper in 2022. Explain the difference to me— since of course you think his absence is negligible— or his presence in 2022 would not have mattered.

It cleary HAS mattered. And it clearly HAS had an impact on Dak and the efficiency of the passing game. And the team HAS clearly been trying to add a WR the majority of the season as this has played out.

So— how exactly is it an “idiot” take to consider what our record might have been had we had Coop (or as I have said all along— an equivalent talent) at WR?

Answer with some stats and facts — as I have— or by all means: STHU

thats not what is being said….your not saying “what might have been” it was a declaration that was made. It was “cooper being gone is the reason we aren’t the 1 seed”…..that’s not might. That’s not maybe. Thats not a grey area. That’s a definitive statement- which anyone (you, me, or otherwise) just doesn’t know.

don’t twist the statement. What we do know is the team had multiple chances to get a stop in Green Bay and it didn’t. It had multiple chances in Philly down 20-17 to get stops and get the ball back and couldn’t. Could cooper have helped in some close games ? Absolutely. Is he the only reason we aren’t the 1 seed…..no. Again. A moron level take.

you keep pumping out the dak stats as if it’s some evidence as to why we aren’t the 1 seed. There’s several reasons why interceptions happen and they happen with new receivers as well as with veteran receiving cores with quarterbacks who have played together for years. IIDIOT LEVEL HOT TAKE.

the offense is on fire. It’s 3rd down % rate is through the roof. It’s 12-4. We miss cooper. He could have helped but there’s a multitude of reasons we aren’t the 1 seed including issues on defense. It’s a collective thing. Not a 1 man issue. Cooper historically never even played well on the road- again something you ignored. 6 of daks int’s bounced off his guys hands….you gonna guarantee that doesn’t happen if coopers here? There’s so many twists and turns in a season. We aren’t the 1 seed for several factors.

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
thats not what is being said….your not saying “what might have been” it was a declaration that was made. It was “cooper being gone is the reason we aren’t the 1 seed”…..that’s not might. That’s not maybe. Thats not a grey area. That’s a definitive statement- which anyone (you, me, or otherwise) just doesn’t know.

don’t twist the statement. What we do know is the team had multiple chances to get a stop in Green Bay and it didn’t. It had multiple chances in Philly down 20-17 to get stops and get the ball back and couldn’t. Could cooper have helped in some close games ? Absolutely. Is he the only reason we aren’t the 1 seed…..no. Again. A moron level take.

you keep pumping out the dak stats as if it’s some evidence as to why we aren’t the 1 seed. There’s several reasons why interceptions happen and they happen with new receivers as well as with veteran receiving cores with quarterbacks who have played together for years. IIDIOT LEVEL HOT TAKE.

the offense is on fire. It’s 3rd down % rate is through the roof. It’s 12-4. We miss cooper. He could have helped but there’s a multitude of reasons we aren’t the 1 seed including issues on defense. It’s a collective thing. Not a 1 man issue. Cooper historically never even played well on the road- again something you ignored. 6 of daks int’s bounced off his guys hands….you gonna guarantee that doesn’t happen if coopers here? There’s so many twists and turns in a season. We aren’t the 1 seed for several factors.

“so many twists and turns” give me a break. The FO traded Cooper. The FO has been trying to fix that mistake by (failing) to trade or sign guys all year.

I have already posted Dak’s stats from 2021 to 2022 for comparison sake noting the ONLY difference in the WR corps is Coop’s absence in 2022– and all you can fall back on is personal insults.

The classic ploy when logic, data, stats, and common sense can’t be found to back up your position lol…

Go ahead and try again— using stats (which you still fail to do)— try and explain the differential between Dak’s 2021 stats and 2022 stats when the ONLY different WR of note— is Amari Cooper’s absence in 2022

Bagman

Reaction score
I have a question....did James Washington spend enough time here to qualify for a Super Bowl ring in February ?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
“so many twists and turns” give me a break. The FO traded Cooper. The FO has been trying to fix that mistake by (failing) to trade or sign guys all year.

I have already posted Dak’s stats from 2021 to 2022 for comparison sake noting the ONLY difference in the WR corps is Coop’s absence in 2022– and all you can fall back on is personal insults.

The classic ploy when logic, data, stats, and common sense can’t be found to back up your position lol…

Go ahead and try again— using stats (which you still fail to do)— try and explain the differential between Dak’s 2021 stats and 2022 stats when the ONLY different WR of note— is Amari Cooper’s absence in 2022

Again explain to me where cooper plays on 4&7 in Green Bay? What defensive position? Where does he line up on d against Philly down 20-17 on 3rd down ? Tell me. Where’s the logic there? Your rebuttal will be “but if cooper was here the games wouldn’t be that close”….how do you know that? You don’t. I don’t. It’s impossible to know.

Your saying the only reason dak has more interceptions than he ever has is just because cooper is gone…how could you honestly say that with certainty? You can’t. we’ve all seen him force throws this season- how can you guarantee he wouldn’t just force throws to cooper or elsewhere still? You can’t. That’s not logic, fact, or data it’s your opinion which is fine to have but doesn’t make it correct.

how do you know his hand injury isn’t taking zip from his balls? We don’t. Your just stating your opinion as if it’s scientific fact and it’s not….it’s your opinion which at best is subjective. The front office trying to improve a position isn’t an admission that that’s the reason we aren’t the 1 seed- it’s an admission that the position needs to be better and being opportunistic.

again you talk about data and numbers but continue to ignore that cooper sucked on the road here…..yet bring up 2 huge road collapses as evidence he would have changed the outcome of. Cooper absolutely could help this team but we have no idea that him being here right now means the season plays out exact like it does there are way way too many variables.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Again explain to me where cooper plays on 4&7 in Green Bay? What defensive position? Where does he line up on d against Philly down 20-17 on 3rd down ? Tell me. Where’s the logic there? Your rebuttal will be “but if cooper was here the games wouldn’t be that close”….how do you know that? You don’t. I don’t. It’s impossible to know.

Your saying the only reason dak has more interceptions than he ever has is just because cooper is gone…how could you honestly say that with certainty? You can’t. we’ve all seen him force throws this season- how can you guarantee he wouldn’t just force throws to cooper or elsewhere still? You can’t. That’s not logic, fact, or data it’s your opinion which is fine to have but doesn’t make it correct.

how do you know his hand injury isn’t taking zip from his balls? We don’t. Your just stating your opinion as if it’s scientific fact and it’s not….it’s your opinion which at best is subjective. The front office trying to improve a position isn’t an admission that that’s the reason we aren’t the 1 seed- it’s an admission that the position needs to be better and being opportunistic.

again you talk about data and numbers but continue to ignore that cooper sucked on the road here…..yet bring up 2 huge road collapses as evidence he would have changed the outcome of. Cooper absolutely could help this team but we have no idea that him being here right now means the season plays out exact like it does there are way way too many variables.

Last time I checked— EVERY opinion is subjective lol. This is a fan forum correct?

My opinion is simple: The FO cut ties with production we needed as an offense, and we have failed to adequately replace it. That absence of production and chemistry has negatively impacted our offense in every game, but had directly contributed to losing close games where that contribution and chemistry very likely would have resulted in a positive outcome for our team as a whole.

Punish me all you want— but Dak’s splits from 2021 to 2022 deserve analysis— and Cooper’s absence, objectively speaking— clearly have had an impact.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Last time I checked— EVERY opinion is subjective lol. This is a fan forum correct?

My opinion is simple: The FO cut ties with production we needed as an offense, and we have failed to adequately replace it. That absence of production and chemistry has negatively impacted our offense in every game, but had directly contributed to losing close games where that contribution and chemistry very likely would have resulted in a positive outcome for our team as a whole.

Punish me all you want— but Dak’s splits from 2021 to 2022 deserve analysis— and Cooper’s absence, objectively speaking— clearly have had an impact.

Which is fine but not what was said or which started this useless back and forth. The comment was “cooper being gone is the reason we aren’t the 1 seed” as if it was fact. I simply said that’s not a guarantee which now you seemingly agree with me.

you having that opinion is great. It however can’t be made as a blanket statement of certainty which it was and why I called it silly.