Roadtrip635

Reaction score
JAMES WASHINGTON, DALLAS COWBOYS WR - 2022 SEASON
Weeks 1 through 13 --- 12 games___Did Not Play
Week 14 = 13th game --- 11 offensive snaps = 15% ...7 special team snaps = 25%
Week 15 = 14th game ---- 4 offensive snaps = 5%...6 special team sanps = 6%
Week 16 = 15th game ----Inactive
Week 17 = 16th game-----Inactive
28 total snaps played(counting ST) / thread at 20 pages and counting..... not too bad :muttley:

LysleE

Reaction score
why release a player right now that a potential playoff opponent could pick-up and gain further insight into the offense?
This^^^ Just another example of the football savvy displayed by the Cowboys’ front office.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Stick to the topic: The Cooper trade and it’s negative effect on the team. Cooper Rush’s effect has nothing to do with the conversation: apples and oranges.

Extreme reach? You blaming Dak for all the INTs and saying it’s simply “bad decision making” is an extreme reach. And I say that not as a Dak fan or defender— he HAS in fact made some very bad decisions.

BUT— he has to work with the WRs given. And that is where the trickle down effect is felt. 2 INTs were off of Lamb running behind the safety (Chi, GB), there have been at least 3 bobbles that resulted in INTs, and Schultz has failed to run precise routes on 2 others.

7 of Dak’s INTs (arguably more) were severely impacted by his pass catchers. What is Amari’s best asset as a WR? Route running.

Dak finished last season with 37 TDs and 10 INTs (1.7% INT). Dak has 22 TDs and 14 INTs (3.9% INT) so far this year. Coincidence?

Past performance is the best indicator of future success. Same offense. Same QB. Different WR corps with guys in different roles. Result? Confusion, sloppiness, mistakes, and more turnovers.

Those turnovers DIRECTLY resulted in the losses in GB and Jax. Therefore, it is not a reach in the least to reason that keeping Coop or onboarding an equivalent talent at WR would have likely resulted in more efficient play, and likely at least 2 more wins.

what are you talking about staying on the topic? I responded to someone else’s point about patting JJ on the back for rosters moves and in return made a counterpoint about how while I don’t agree with the roster move to let cooper go- I referenced a roster move that was successful. it was in direct response to someone saying that cooper being gone is the reason we aren’t the 1 seed which is extreme hyperbole. So I was on topic…..pipe down.

Secondly I never ever blamed daks bad mistakes solely for all the interceptions. I said many of them were just bad decisions and they were but that’s not the sole reason he had so many. Some were bad decisions, some were miscommunications. Some were just bad luck where balls hit receivers hands and became interceptions- u can’t just assume that Noah brown (who was on the team last year) or ceedee (who was on the team last year also with cooper) won’t have miscues because coopers on the rosters. That’s incredibly dumb.

ya know what else led directly to the loss in Green Bay? The defense not being able to get a 4th&7 stop and momentum when they needed it to put the game away. Cooper gonna play safety? Or u think we should line him up at the edge ? Cooper gonna stop the run?
The are many reasons we aren’t the 1 seed. Putting that squarely on amare cooper is extreme hyperbole. The same cooper btw who never showed up on the road for us was gonna single handily be the reason we won in Green Bay and jax.

this also disregards the fact that I said……I didn’t like trading him. Read that again big boy. I didn’t like trading him but him gone isn’t solely the reason we aren’t the 1 seed that’s incredibly stupid to suggest it is. Hey while we are at it- what’s our offensive numbers look?

terra

Reaction score
what are you talking about staying on the topic? I responded to someone else’s point about patting JJ on the back for rosters moves and in return made a counterpoint about how while I don’t agree with the roster move to let cooper go- I referenced a roster move that was successful. it was in direct response to someone saying that cooper being gone is the reason we aren’t the 1 seed which is extreme hyperbole. So I was on topic…..pipe down.

Secondly I never ever blamed daks bad mistakes solely for all the interceptions. I said many of them were just bad decisions and they were but that’s not the sole reason he had so many. Some were bad decisions, some were miscommunications. Some were just bad luck where balls hit receivers hands and became interceptions- u can’t just assume that Noah brown (who was on the team last year) or ceedee (who was on the team last year also with cooper) won’t have miscues because coopers on the rosters. That’s incredibly dumb.

ya know what else led directly to the loss in Green Bay? The defense not being able to get a 4th&7 stop and momentum when they needed it to put the game away. Cooper gonna play safety? Or u think we should line him up at the edge ? Cooper gonna stop the run?
The are many reasons we aren’t the 1 seed. Putting that squarely on amare cooper is extreme hyperbole. The same cooper btw who never showed up on the road for us was gonna single handily be the reason we won in Green Bay and jax.

this also disregards the fact that I said……I didn’t like trading him. Read that again big boy. I didn’t like trading him but him gone isn’t solely the reason we aren’t the 1 seed that’s incredibly stupid to suggest it is. Hey while we are at it- what’s our offensive numbers look?
stats can lie.
The offense has had its share of critical mistakes and failures.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This^^^ Just another example of the football savvy displayed by the Cowboys’ front office.

Because a roster spot is a bit more important than Washington, Cowboys have released several guys many of them cleared waiver and put on practice squad.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It’s absolutely true….the cooper trade was dumb. It’s absolutely asinine to say his loss is the reason we aren’t the 1 seed. Both can be true. I hated the deal that said this is such hyperbole.

The same people saying this I’d bet are the same ones saying we’d suck this year

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

We have lost two OT games. By a very narrow margin. Both games affected by turnovers where the WRs were primarily to blame on some of them— not Dak.

We have been looking for more consistency from the WR corps all year. The team is telling you that when they try and make trades at the deadline, try and sign OBJ, and finally ink Hilton.

All I am saying is that Amari Cooper’s absence has been felt all year. Felt in lack of production. Felt in some confusion and lack of precision in the WR corps. And felt by Dak as his chemistry is off with anyone not named Lamb or Schultz (and even they have had their sloppy moments and mistakes).

As for offensive numbers this year? Try this on:

Dak in 2021 had 37 TDs and 10 INTs.
Dak in 2022 has 22 TDs and 14 INTs.

As you have said repeatedly, Lamb, Gallup, and Brown were on the team in 2021. Who wasn’t? Hmmmm… maybe Amari’s absence has affected Dak and the passing game far more than our genius FO thought it would.

That is all I am saying. The fact that this team is 12-4 is a testament to how good they are— but they likely would have been even better if they had Amari on the roster.

If you think we are a better team without Amari, we can just agree to disagree. I hated the decision when they made it, and IMO they have been trying to fix it ever since and it is the single biggest contributor to the offensive struggles we have seen this year (there are other factors and reasons— but IMO it has had a horrid trickle down effect)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who did they sign in week one of free agency during the family vacation. Go ahead and post who it was and I’ll stop arguing. You cant. Because they didn’t. What I am saying is. The optics right there prove he doesn’t care about us as a fan base. If you want more proof of that. Go watch him on the first take episode when he basically says us fans are good for money. I have way more proof of Jerry not caring than you do of him caring.
You're still missing the point. The Cowboys never get into the feeding frenzy competing for players the first week of free agency. That has nothing to do with the yacht. That's their MO when in Frisco as well. Whatever they did or didn't do was by choice, not because they were on a yacht.

As for your argument about Jerry not caring, that's nonsensical because I never said anything about whether he does or doesn't

Again, I will point out that all I've said is that there have been signings that worked out, and that Jerry didn't miss out on any free agents because we was on a yacht, yet you continue to argue with me as if I have said things I didn't.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We have lost two OT games. By a very narrow margin. Both games affected by turnovers where the WRs were primarily to blame on some of them— not Dak.

We have been looking for more consistency from the WR corps all year. The team is telling you that when they try and make trades at the deadline, try and sign OBJ, and finally ink Hilton.

All I am saying is that Amari Cooper’s absence has been felt all year. Felt in lack of production. Felt in some confusion and lack of precision in the WR corps. And felt by Dak as his chemistry is off with anyone not named Lamb or Schultz (and even they have had their sloppy moments and mistakes).

As for offensive numbers this year? Try this on:

Dak in 2021 had 37 TDs and 10 INTs.
Dak in 2022 has 22 TDs and 14 INTs.

As you have said repeatedly, Lamb, Gallup, and Brown were on the team in 2021. Who wasn’t? Hmmmm… maybe Amari’s absence has affected Dak and the passing game far more than our genius FO thought it would.

That is all I am saying. The fact that this team is 12-4 is a testament to how good they are— but they likely would have been even better if they had Amari on the roster.

If you think we are a better team without Amari, we can just agree to disagree. I hated the decision when they made it, and IMO they have been trying to fix it ever since and it is the single biggest contributor to the offensive struggles we have seen this year (there are other factors and reasons— but IMO it has had a horrid trickle down effect)

I’m not saying they are better without amari…I’m saying that just saying if he were on the team we would be a 1 seed right now is a low hanging fruit, idiot level take that’s made with extreme hindsight and hyperbole.

there’s a multitude of reasons we aren’t the 1 seed and I referenced a few in my last post. You can’t just simply go back add amari and assume everything plays out the same way. That’s not how this works. Losing amari wasn’t my preferred route but it’s not the reason we aren’t the 1 seed and that’s just a silly take.