RELEASED Cowboys release James Washington

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Which is fine but not what was said or which started this useless back and forth. The comment was “cooper being gone is the reason we aren’t the 1 seed” as if it was fact. I simply said that’s not a guarantee which now you seemingly agree with me.

you having that opinion is great. It however can’t be made as a blanket statement of certainty which it was and why I called it silly.

An opinion is an opinion. Looking at Dak’s splits from 2021 to 2022 can you offer a BETTER explanation than I have for the disparity? For the FO looking to acquire WRs?

RonWashington

Reaction score
If an investment in a 3rd rounder ( Tolbert ) was released that’s noteworthy . And after the season MM and his position coach obviously have to go over an off-season plan that has Tolbert competing for the slot position in a meaningful way in 23 . I see Tolbert in the slot ( Beasley Cobb ) type WR .

Washington was a minimal $$ investment that didn’t work out but it is a curious time to cut him although it’s hard to justify dressing him game day with 4 guys ahead of him .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Actually the Wash game is the perfect time to give the Jake Ferguson Hendershot Sam Williams Josh Ball Marquise Bell Jabril Cox and yes Tolbert types snaps with Malik Davis at RB and Cooper Rush slinging it around . Face it the GB Jax OT. Losses on the road cost Dallas the East .

Rayman70

Reaction score
Actually the Wash game is the perfect time to give the Jake Ferguson Hendershot Sam Williams Josh Ball Marquise Bell Jabril Cox and yes Tolbert types snaps with Malik Davis at RB and Cooper Rush slinging it around . Face it the GB Jax OT. Losses on the road cost Dallas the East .
we never play well after a playoff bye. This may be a blessing. Best thing that can happen is we just keep playing every week. Philly will have all the pressure.

John813

Reaction score
Well, better than Miami signing Eric Fisher to a 3mil dollar contract a few weeks ago for him to never play a snap and end up on IR.

2.5mil dead cap next year for voided years.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
An opinion is an opinion. Looking at Dak’s splits from 2021 to 2022 can you offer a BETTER explanation than I have for the disparity? For the FO looking to acquire WRs?

because the entire league is wide open and it’s a position group that needs to be upgraded? As I said in my previous post, that’s the front office saying “hey we can be better here” which we both agree with. It’s not “if cooper was here we’d be the 1 seed”.

either way we’ve beat this topic to death

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
because the entire league is wide open and it’s a position group that needs to be upgraded? As I said in my previous post, that’s the front office saying “hey we can be better here” which we both agree with. It’s not “if cooper was here we’d be the 1 seed”.

either way we’ve beat this topic to death

So we both agree the FO has been trying to improve the WR position. We both agree the WR position has been a weakness. We both agree the FO made a mistake in trading Cooper.

And I have stated all along if Cooper “or an equivalent talent” were here we would have the #1 seed. They blew it by trading him to begin with, made it worse by not even getting decent value in the trade, then compounded the error by failing to acquire enough talent to offset the loss in production.

Gallup, Brown, and Hilton COMBINED have less yards and TDs than Cooper in 2022… Dak’s 2021/2022 splits clearly show Cooper’s absence has hurt the passing offense. All things being equal— if we had a WR with Coop’s 2022 stat line (76 catches, 1100+ yards, and 9 TDs) to pair with Lamb, there is ZERO doubt in my mind we would be the #1 seed.

Lamb has stepped into being a #1 (eventually), but Gallup has not been a reliable #2, and Brown has not been a reliable #3. Coop’s absence has forced other WRs into roles they either aren’t healthy enough to handle, or are not consistent enough to produce at the required level.

If we kept the status quo from 2021–IMO Dak’s numbers likely don’t dip as drastically as they have this year. To go from 1.7% to 3.9% INT % in one year is simply too steep a decline to merely chalk it up as “Bad Dak” (and he HAS been too aggressive and he HAS made horrid throws— but at least 7 of his INTs are on the pass catchers).

But you are definitely right about one thing: we have beat this topic to death. Agree to disagree as what the FO did with Coop is spilled milk anyway.

Here is to a W Sunday and hopefully a great run in the playoffs :thumbup:

Last edited:

FrankM

Reaction score
He will be on the practice squad if he goes unclaimed
So if he’s claimed can he end up on that team’s active roster? I would hate for him to catch the game winning td to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs.